Dog losing chunks of fur.

Breed: heeler x
My dog has been loseing chunks of fur on his face only then next day the skin turns black. He is not itching it either Want to no to seek vet for medication or is it part of old age?

Sorry to hear that Milo is having these problems.

This is definitely not a normal problem!

Black skin is usually there as a result of a chronic infection (either yeast or bacteria). However, it is unusual that the skin is normal one day and then black the next.

The first thing I would think of is, however a skin infection. Unfortunately most skin infections will not go away without prescription medications that you would need to get from your vet.

Is your dog neutered? If not, I have seen some dogs with testicular tumors that have black thickened skin and hair loss.

This is definitely not just "old age". There may be something that can be done for him so if possible a vet visit would be great!

Vomiting after allergy injection My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching... (15303 views)

Loose black stools. Sid is older, lately his stools ate loose and turn black? He can tell time and... (4957 views)

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (18026 views)

Alternative to Sentinel Molly has been on Sentinel forever....now it's been recalled...I have 2 months worth... (10681 views)

Ear infection. Fred has been miserable. I have tried what i know to do. He has had a ear infection... (7113 views)

Cat peeing in house. Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too... (7284 views)

Rare form hepatitis. I got Sadie in January this year. She is a rescue. She's been sick since February.... (4727 views)

Sore anus after using chlorox wipe. I put a Clorox Disenfecting Wipes on my dog's anus. It's been a couple of days and... (12668 views)

Kitten diarrhea the kitten is about 2mths old and has diarea she was a wild kitten born outside... (9831 views)

Dog licking paws On Wednesday I noticed Max was licking his right rear paw. Last Saturday he had a... (66930 views)