Vomiting pregnant cat.

Breed: half beky sherazy
hello dr.vet
my cat was with a male 2 weeks ago
yesterday she started to vomit 5 times .
she eats a little sleeps a lot
her stool and urine is normal.
the vomiting contents started by white foam with something look like hair .and yellow matter
today shes not vomiting
but when i feel her abdomin and ears i feel warmth ?
and till now no signs of +ve pregnancy

i went to a vet.
he give her IM anti pyurtic and sterlizer of stomach

my qs is she sick ?
does the injection hurt the kittens if she pregnant ?
is she pregnant or not?

Sorry to hear that your cat is not feeling well!

While some animals can experience mild morning sickness, what you are describing sounds like something more serious than just morning sickness.

One of the common reasons for a cat to be vomiting and lethargic is if she has an infected bite or scratch wound. Often the wound can be hard to find. If this is the case, then the injection (anti pyretic = anti-fever) will help for a day or so but then the symptoms may come back. She may need to get some antibiotics.

Most likely the anti-pyretic was what is called an NSAID. For most of these drugs, we really don't know if they are safe for fetuses or not.

If she was bred recently then there is a very good chance that she is pregnant. Cats will only allow breeding when they are fertile.

It wouldn't surprise me if the cat was in a fight at the same time as being bred. If this is the case she may need some antibiotics.

But, it's also possible that she has some mild stomach upset for some other reason (i.e. something she ate), and if this is the case she may recover without any further medication.

I hope she is alright!

arthritis in 17 year old dog I have a 17 year old female german shepard/black lab/collie mix that weighs 45... (79266 views)

Urinating in home. My cat is urinating all over my home. We recently moved into it about 2 months ago.... (7308 views)

Still has roundworms. My 2-year-old cat, Oliver, has been having a problem with roundworms. He was born... (13896 views)

Does Hartz kill roundworms? well, this one time when I had a lab mix puppy that wasn't vetted or wormed or... (9123 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My dog has been excessively sneezing for over a year now. She has had no respiratory... (20236 views)

Is Tropiclean safe? Dear Dr. Marie: Hello! I am writing to ask about giving a water additive to my... (18664 views)

Bumpy skin on back. My cat BonBon has a significant amount of dry, bumpy, itchy, red skin on her back... (10771 views)

Can a spayed cat get pregnant? OK its OK if you don't answer but be for you look away please im 12 and my cat is... (21055 views)

Can't move back legs. Cat is not able to move back legs and yowling. Maybe paralyzed? No accidents. Need... (15379 views)

Cat died suddenly. Hi and thank you for your time My son met me at the door in tears as 1.5 year old... (6892 views)