Vomiting pregnant cat.

Breed: half beky sherazy
hello dr.vet
my cat was with a male 2 weeks ago
yesterday she started to vomit 5 times .
she eats a little sleeps a lot
her stool and urine is normal.
the vomiting contents started by white foam with something look like hair .and yellow matter
today shes not vomiting
but when i feel her abdomin and ears i feel warmth ?
and till now no signs of +ve pregnancy

i went to a vet.
he give her IM anti pyurtic and sterlizer of stomach

my qs is she sick ?
does the injection hurt the kittens if she pregnant ?
is she pregnant or not?

Sorry to hear that your cat is not feeling well!

While some animals can experience mild morning sickness, what you are describing sounds like something more serious than just morning sickness.

One of the common reasons for a cat to be vomiting and lethargic is if she has an infected bite or scratch wound. Often the wound can be hard to find. If this is the case, then the injection (anti pyretic = anti-fever) will help for a day or so but then the symptoms may come back. She may need to get some antibiotics.

Most likely the anti-pyretic was what is called an NSAID. For most of these drugs, we really don't know if they are safe for fetuses or not.

If she was bred recently then there is a very good chance that she is pregnant. Cats will only allow breeding when they are fertile.

It wouldn't surprise me if the cat was in a fight at the same time as being bred. If this is the case she may need some antibiotics.

But, it's also possible that she has some mild stomach upset for some other reason (i.e. something she ate), and if this is the case she may recover without any further medication.

I hope she is alright!

Skin lesions on dog's face. HI, my Chikita has been having some skin trouble and cant exactly figure out what it... (4242 views)

Black sore near anus. Hello Dr.Marie (I am SO grateful for you!), I have had my two dogs (same breeder)... (40662 views)

Feeding chicken liver to dogs. I feed Petey a high quality dry dog food in the morning, but I enjoy cooking his... (59098 views)

Clindamycin overdose? I have been caring for Sox, a feral. Awhile back Sox started coughing on and off... (6211 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in puppy. Lady is almost 5 months now, she's a typical Aussie puppy. She lives with me, my... (5523 views)

Prognosis with hemangiosarcoma. i have a dog whose a 7 year old German shepherdand although he has been diagnosed... (10403 views)

Parvo recovery. I'M LOOKING AT A PUP THAT IS RECOVERING FROM PARVO. WHAT IS THE RECOVERY TIME AND... (19539 views)

Can cats transmit viruses to people hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches... (5532 views)

Praziquantal safe in pregnancy? She has been wormed and I also have wormer I do every six months but recently I have... (7520 views)

Lump on Rottweiler's leg. Dear Dr Marie Recently, I notice my dog has a lump or growth(white round bumpy... (12502 views)