Vomiting pregnant cat.

Breed: half beky sherazy
hello dr.vet
my cat was with a male 2 weeks ago
yesterday she started to vomit 5 times .
she eats a little sleeps a lot
her stool and urine is normal.
the vomiting contents started by white foam with something look like hair .and yellow matter
today shes not vomiting
but when i feel her abdomin and ears i feel warmth ?
and till now no signs of +ve pregnancy

i went to a vet.
he give her IM anti pyurtic and sterlizer of stomach

my qs is she sick ?
does the injection hurt the kittens if she pregnant ?
is she pregnant or not?

Sorry to hear that your cat is not feeling well!

While some animals can experience mild morning sickness, what you are describing sounds like something more serious than just morning sickness.

One of the common reasons for a cat to be vomiting and lethargic is if she has an infected bite or scratch wound. Often the wound can be hard to find. If this is the case, then the injection (anti pyretic = anti-fever) will help for a day or so but then the symptoms may come back. She may need to get some antibiotics.

Most likely the anti-pyretic was what is called an NSAID. For most of these drugs, we really don't know if they are safe for fetuses or not.

If she was bred recently then there is a very good chance that she is pregnant. Cats will only allow breeding when they are fertile.

It wouldn't surprise me if the cat was in a fight at the same time as being bred. If this is the case she may need some antibiotics.

But, it's also possible that she has some mild stomach upset for some other reason (i.e. something she ate), and if this is the case she may recover without any further medication.

I hope she is alright!

Cat aggressive with new kitten. I just got a new kitten but one of the cats in my house is attacking him. Ever... (13496 views)

Swollen foot after wound. My dog Toby has what appears to be a cut in between his toes on one of his paws. He... (4560 views)

Flea dirt around nipples? She is a 20 month old seemingly very healthy happy cat. There is a very good chance... (36113 views)

Pregnant 10 month old dog. my mini doberman is 10 months and shes pregnant can she die? and how many dogs can... (12364 views)

Possible brain tumor. We would like your opinion on whether we were right in putting Barney to... (18329 views)

Urinating in home. My cat is urinating all over my home. We recently moved into it about 2 months ago.... (7081 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (7556 views)

Guinea pig noises. Heys! I have only one guinea pig and she is female. Sometimes my guinea pig makes... (9951 views)

Brown bugs over top of tail. Dear Dr. Marie: I HAVE A CAT, IT HAS BROWN BUG AND SCAB AT THE DORSAL ASPECT OF... (10077 views)

Tail tip injury. our dog is golden retriever 5 years old, he had happy tail and somehow cut the tip... (6880 views)