Vet drained cyst.

Breed: Miniature Schnauzer
A few months back my dog developed a blocked sweat gland. My former vet basically popped it open with a needle and drained a bunch of pasty gray material from it. Since then the bump hasn't redeveloped, but it mostly closed up around what felt like a jagged little scab, maybe 1-2 mm wide and 2-3 mm tall. I'm not sure why the scab took so many months to come off, but now that it has there is what looks like a perfect little hole in him. I spoke with a nurse at my vet's office who said it was normal and that he'll just have a hole there. That may be the case but I'm still a little concerned and wanted to get a second opinion.

This is a tough question to answer without actually seeing the lump. However, I can tell you that I have seen this type of thing many times.

If a dog has a cyst and we are able to drain or express material from it, it almost always comes back again in some shape or form. It won't completely go away unless we surgically remove it. I have also seen some cysts that have tiny holes in them like you have described.

I would only be concerned if I was seeing one or more of the following:

-thick yellow or green discharge (this could mean that the cyst is infected.)

-it is bothersome to Brody - if he his licking at it or it seems painful then I'd have the vet take a look.

-if it looks dramatically different - like purple or much larger than before.

Cat aggressive with dog. Our household has 2 dogs, 2 indoor cats, 3 parakeets and 3 kids :). The cats and... (4718 views)

Clavaseptin and diarrhea. My puppy recently had to spend a night at the vet, we are pretty sure he just ate... (14103 views)

Sick hamster or hibernating. Please help ! My hamster is not moving now but it is breathing.. I am not sure about... (16548 views)

TPO success rate. WHat is the degree of success from triple... (7506 views)

Lump on dog's side after fight. Hi there, I have a Chihuahua mix who has this huge, loose swelling on his side. He's... (9291 views)

Conjunctivitis zoonotic? My dog has conjunctivitis, which he is being treated for and my friends daughter who... (13014 views)

Reverse sneeze. My dog started making a weird nosie that sounds kind of like a pig but that seems to... (6108 views)

Home cooked diet for dog. I cook Tater ground sirloin, white rice and then mix in some canned no salt green... (4593 views)

Foot problem and congestion. My 10 year old dog max just finished taking cephalexin for a foot infection and has... (7405 views)

Dog ate goat feces. Hello, We had a baby goat that contracted tetanus. Before we knew he was sick, he... (9365 views)