Vet drained cyst.

Breed: Miniature Schnauzer
A few months back my dog developed a blocked sweat gland. My former vet basically popped it open with a needle and drained a bunch of pasty gray material from it. Since then the bump hasn't redeveloped, but it mostly closed up around what felt like a jagged little scab, maybe 1-2 mm wide and 2-3 mm tall. I'm not sure why the scab took so many months to come off, but now that it has there is what looks like a perfect little hole in him. I spoke with a nurse at my vet's office who said it was normal and that he'll just have a hole there. That may be the case but I'm still a little concerned and wanted to get a second opinion.

This is a tough question to answer without actually seeing the lump. However, I can tell you that I have seen this type of thing many times.

If a dog has a cyst and we are able to drain or express material from it, it almost always comes back again in some shape or form. It won't completely go away unless we surgically remove it. I have also seen some cysts that have tiny holes in them like you have described.

I would only be concerned if I was seeing one or more of the following:

-thick yellow or green discharge (this could mean that the cyst is infected.)

-it is bothersome to Brody - if he his licking at it or it seems painful then I'd have the vet take a look.

-if it looks dramatically different - like purple or much larger than before.

Is vet just trying to make money? I have 3 cats aged 3, 4 and 7. Lately every time I walk into my DVM's off ice I... (7677 views)

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (8157 views)

What kind of dog to get? My dog Toby died at the age of 14 2 moths ago.Me and my family r looking 4 a new... (6403 views)

Cat drinks from fish bowl. Hi! My cat isn't(as far as I can tell) sick at all, but rather I'm wondering... (42100 views)

Epsom salt vs table salt. hi my cat keeps limping on his leg i have checked it and it isnt his leg thats the... (14593 views)

Itchy rash near backside My dog has what looks like a rash on her right leg, near her backside and has been... (8631 views)

Dog ate Zoloft. please answer this question, please.. my dog chloe has eaten my anti depressants i... (50092 views)

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (13412 views)

Severely scratching ears. I've taken my dog to 3 vets so far for "allergy" symptoms. His episodes start with... (10728 views)

Cat meows constantly. Hello- Our 8 year old male cat meows constantly, and he does things like dribble... (9362 views)