Cat meows constantly.

Breed: DSH
Hello-
Our 8 year old male cat meows constantly, and he does things like dribble the blinds, doors, shower curtain... this wouldn't bother me except that one of his favorite times to do this is in the middle of the night.
We have a female who has none of these issues. They have lived together, happily for 7 years. They have toys, we've switched them out to keep it interesting, etc.
I heard about pheromone therapy (something like this: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=1&pCatId=8906) and I don't know if maybe he's distressed and if something like this would calm him?
I just want to be sure there isn't something I can do to mellow him out for his own good as well as my sleep patterns :)
Thank you!
Cora

Is this a new behavior for Troy or has he always been like this?

If this is a new behavior then it would be a good idea to have your vet examine him to make sure there is no medical reason for him to be acting like this.

Some cats will howl at night time because of hyperthyroidism. But, hyperthyroidism is usually seen in cats older than 10 years of age. Another possibility is high blood pressure.

If this is a behavioral issue then the following things may help:

You can also talk to your vet about trying behavioral medication such as amitryptiline or clomicalm.

I hope things work out ok!

Can cats transmit viruses to people hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches... (8016 views)

Rat pees and poops on owner. I have a baby rat that poops and pies on me when she gets out of the... (11840 views)

Are raisins toxic to cats? Hello, On Monday of this week (today is Wednesday) my cat came up to me while I... (34133 views)

How many vaccines for a puppy? Hi Dr. Marie, Codee was given 5in1 parovirus 2 shots. Is it true that it should... (5651 views)

Cat vomits regularly. My 4year old cat has been throwing up over the past two months. 99% is food. ( dry... (6740 views)

Tail fell off. My dog wrapped her tail up in a chain and the other day it fell off. She continues... (12299 views)

Young dog with loose stool. I fed my dog PURINA and switched quickly to ORIJEN 6 FISH. Dogs stool became... (14263 views)

Worms in dog's poop. My dog is 1 year and 6 months, she has worms. My husband and I saw signs of it about... (7351 views)

3 week old kitten with diarrhea. i have a kitten that is 3 weeks old and she has diarrhea and also i wanted to know... (15155 views)

Elevated kidney enzymes. I brought my dog, Trixie (10 year old Shih Tzu) in this morning for her yearly... (23203 views)