Cat meows constantly.

Breed: DSH
Hello-
Our 8 year old male cat meows constantly, and he does things like dribble the blinds, doors, shower curtain... this wouldn't bother me except that one of his favorite times to do this is in the middle of the night.
We have a female who has none of these issues. They have lived together, happily for 7 years. They have toys, we've switched them out to keep it interesting, etc.
I heard about pheromone therapy (something like this: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=1&pCatId=8906) and I don't know if maybe he's distressed and if something like this would calm him?
I just want to be sure there isn't something I can do to mellow him out for his own good as well as my sleep patterns :)
Thank you!
Cora

Is this a new behavior for Troy or has he always been like this?

If this is a new behavior then it would be a good idea to have your vet examine him to make sure there is no medical reason for him to be acting like this.

Some cats will howl at night time because of hyperthyroidism. But, hyperthyroidism is usually seen in cats older than 10 years of age. Another possibility is high blood pressure.

If this is a behavioral issue then the following things may help:

You can also talk to your vet about trying behavioral medication such as amitryptiline or clomicalm.

I hope things work out ok!

Sick after spay. She was spayed a week ago and has been fine (no problem with incision, etc.).... (54807 views)

Guinea pig losing teeth. its mouth is sore and can only chew mashed up food its loosing his teeth to its not... (9740 views)

Grief after dog's death. I need your help, please... for peace of mind so I can sleep and live with myself. ... (11195 views)

Is kennel cough contagious to people? hi my 3 year old standard poodle went to the groomer on wed and today he was... (12040 views)

Senior cat losing weight. Hello, My cat is 11 or 12 years old (he was a rescue kitty I inherited, so I'm... (6296 views)

Trouble walking. On Wednesday evening we called our dogs for dinnertime, and our 10 year old Alaskan... (18788 views)

Hairless cat skin problem. I recently took my hairless cats collar off and there was a small red sore were the... (11117 views)

Dog has distemper. My dog is coughing ,vomiting whatever he eats but he has appetite took him to a vet.... (9864 views)

Azithromycin and cat death. I run my own rescue group. I do all the cleaning, transporting, adopting, and I... (12116 views)

Addison's disease. I had almost the same experience as the person who wrote you about losing their dog... (19508 views)