Cat meows constantly.

Breed: DSH
Hello-
Our 8 year old male cat meows constantly, and he does things like dribble the blinds, doors, shower curtain... this wouldn't bother me except that one of his favorite times to do this is in the middle of the night.
We have a female who has none of these issues. They have lived together, happily for 7 years. They have toys, we've switched them out to keep it interesting, etc.
I heard about pheromone therapy (something like this: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=1&pCatId=8906) and I don't know if maybe he's distressed and if something like this would calm him?
I just want to be sure there isn't something I can do to mellow him out for his own good as well as my sleep patterns :)
Thank you!
Cora

Is this a new behavior for Troy or has he always been like this?

If this is a new behavior then it would be a good idea to have your vet examine him to make sure there is no medical reason for him to be acting like this.

Some cats will howl at night time because of hyperthyroidism. But, hyperthyroidism is usually seen in cats older than 10 years of age. Another possibility is high blood pressure.

If this is a behavioral issue then the following things may help:

You can also talk to your vet about trying behavioral medication such as amitryptiline or clomicalm.

I hope things work out ok!

Chihuahua had a seizure. Hi , my daughter's dog is very tiny weighing just 3.8 lbs. Last night he was on my... (24224 views)

Did laundry soap cause seizures? two week ago my dog was covered in Laundry Detergent. My had it everywhere, even... (9923 views)

Pregnancy question. My golden retriver mated with my chiuahuh and the chihuhah is pregnat would i need... (9328 views)

Large blister on ear. MY DOG HAS WHAT LOOKS AND FEELS LIKE A LARGE WATER BLISTER ON HIS EAR WHAT COULD IT... (17409 views)

Puppy died and had fluid in lungs. Hi Dr. Marie, My case is probally irrelevant now since my 14 weeks puppy(american... (15925 views)

Swollen feet. hey doctor, i have a weimarner....for the last 1 year he has been continuously... (6712 views)

Does my cat have cancer? Dear Dr. Marie, Greetings from Singapore! This is my 3rd time writing to... (14877 views)

Puppy has runny nose. Heavy clear drool vomited once this morning Oct 29th 2010 7am. Very wet nose no loss... (10937 views)

Dog eating his own poop. My dog is eating his poo. He eats his poop whenever he gets the chance! Is there... (9095 views)

Can't close mouth. Hi! My cat is 21 years old. Just recently its like his lower jaw has shifted to the... (11028 views)