Cat meows constantly.

Breed: DSH
Hello-
Our 8 year old male cat meows constantly, and he does things like dribble the blinds, doors, shower curtain... this wouldn't bother me except that one of his favorite times to do this is in the middle of the night.
We have a female who has none of these issues. They have lived together, happily for 7 years. They have toys, we've switched them out to keep it interesting, etc.
I heard about pheromone therapy (something like this: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=1&pCatId=8906) and I don't know if maybe he's distressed and if something like this would calm him?
I just want to be sure there isn't something I can do to mellow him out for his own good as well as my sleep patterns :)
Thank you!
Cora

Is this a new behavior for Troy or has he always been like this?

If this is a new behavior then it would be a good idea to have your vet examine him to make sure there is no medical reason for him to be acting like this.

Some cats will howl at night time because of hyperthyroidism. But, hyperthyroidism is usually seen in cats older than 10 years of age. Another possibility is high blood pressure.

If this is a behavioral issue then the following things may help:

You can also talk to your vet about trying behavioral medication such as amitryptiline or clomicalm.

I hope things work out ok!

Kitten eating her feces. My kitten keeps eating her own poo and vomiting it back up and i dont know why... (11115 views)

Pug died suddenly. My 8 year old female pug just died. My husband came home from work and she had... (23314 views)

Too small for spay? My cat is really small, about nine ten pounds,is it safe to get her... (6992 views)

Stimulus sensitive seizures. Hello, My dog is part pomerainean and part something else. He is about 25lbs. He is... (18290 views)

Dog's eye blue and purple. hi my dog annebell has a giant blister in eye yesterday it was small so i didnt... (12533 views)

Lump on hamster Hi, Recenly my dwarf hamster has developed a pink lump with white spots under its... (19991 views)

Coughing cat. My cat has had a horrible cough for two or three months and the vet doesn't know... (4230 views)

Grove snail care. Dear Dr. Marie, Hi. My snail has been burying himself lately, so whenever I want... (11471 views)

Sore neck after blood draw. This afternoon, I took my dog for routine labwork and the tech took it from his... (14130 views)

Time for euthanasia. Mr. Magoo is 14 1/2 years old. He has Cushings disease (not being treated) and... (4609 views)