Cat meows constantly.

Breed: DSH
Hello-
Our 8 year old male cat meows constantly, and he does things like dribble the blinds, doors, shower curtain... this wouldn't bother me except that one of his favorite times to do this is in the middle of the night.
We have a female who has none of these issues. They have lived together, happily for 7 years. They have toys, we've switched them out to keep it interesting, etc.
I heard about pheromone therapy (something like this: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=1&pCatId=8906) and I don't know if maybe he's distressed and if something like this would calm him?
I just want to be sure there isn't something I can do to mellow him out for his own good as well as my sleep patterns :)
Thank you!
Cora

Is this a new behavior for Troy or has he always been like this?

If this is a new behavior then it would be a good idea to have your vet examine him to make sure there is no medical reason for him to be acting like this.

Some cats will howl at night time because of hyperthyroidism. But, hyperthyroidism is usually seen in cats older than 10 years of age. Another possibility is high blood pressure.

If this is a behavioral issue then the following things may help:

You can also talk to your vet about trying behavioral medication such as amitryptiline or clomicalm.

I hope things work out ok!

Home treatment for abscess. My cat had an abscess I didnt know about until it blew 4 days ago. I have cut away... (9307 views)

Cut my dog while grooming. My mother was trimming Levi's fringe, and accidentally cut skin instead. Needless to... (57941 views)

Cat with broken pelvis-not eating. My kitty has a broken left pelvis, which happened 8 days ago. Today she has changed,... (11496 views)

Relation of weight to skin problems. I understand that you are a very busy person but i am currently inrolled in the... (7435 views)

Charcoal briquette My Yorkie, male-6 pounds, was in the garden where my husband threw burn,... (39132 views)

Take temperature orally? My dog is recovering from pretty serious surgery. I am supposed to be taking his... (31567 views)

Dog toe xray. I took my dog Cooper to the vet last week and he believed he had a bone... (22943 views)

Broken leg in puppy? hi my puppu fell off the bed and now she cant put any weight on her front left paw... (24092 views)

Puppy throwing up 3 days. My kids brought home a new puppy I have no money she has been here for 2 weeks I... (8761 views)

Guinea pig-Scab and itchy. my guinea pig is scratching a sore what is wrong with... (10933 views)