Guinea pig with mammary tumor.

Breed: Guinea pig
what does a large open lump on a guinea pigs tit mean? the tit has gone!

Sorry to hear that Muffin is having these problems.

Unfortunately mammary gland tumors (cancer) are quite common in older guinea pigs.

A recent study showed that 50% of mammary cancers in guinea pigs are benign and 50% are malignant.

However, if you are seeing that the area has ruptured then I am concerned that this may be a malignant cancer.

An abscess is a possibility, but not as likely.

It's a good idea to have your vet take a look. They may be able to do surgery to remove the lump. Or, they might be able to prescribe some antibiotics which could help for a little while.

Natural treatment for fever in a cat. Hello, My friend's cat is suffering from fever. I would like to know... (7958 views)

Diabetic cat problems. ivay is a diabetic last blood test 3 weeks ago was 21 he has gained 5 lbs since jan... (5875 views)

Bone cancer in leg. Hello My cat is 13 years old he was always a big cat and then became a big fat cat.... (17280 views)

Feeding sardines. I have a male Maltese which I have owned for 4 years, he was a rescue dog so his... (15365 views)

Chihuahua fell from couch. Hello. I have a sweet, loving, happy, and spoiled female chihuahua, weighing about... (11685 views)

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (5058 views)

Itchy cat. My cat is male, age 5 and generally very healthy. A while ago I noticed him biting... (8507 views)

Breeding big and little dog. i have a year and a half old female jack russell/rat terrier cross that is in heat... (9341 views)

Bumps on belly and vomiting. MY NEO IS AROUND 2 MONTHS OLD,NOT YET VACCINATED. FOR SOME DAYS BOILS ARE... (8113 views)

Can I give my cat milk? Hi, could you please tell me if I can give my ragdoll kitten scrambled eggs made... (10243 views)