Guinea pig with mammary tumor.

Breed: Guinea pig
what does a large open lump on a guinea pigs tit mean? the tit has gone!

Sorry to hear that Muffin is having these problems.

Unfortunately mammary gland tumors (cancer) are quite common in older guinea pigs.

A recent study showed that 50% of mammary cancers in guinea pigs are benign and 50% are malignant.

However, if you are seeing that the area has ruptured then I am concerned that this may be a malignant cancer.

An abscess is a possibility, but not as likely.

It's a good idea to have your vet take a look. They may be able to do surgery to remove the lump. Or, they might be able to prescribe some antibiotics which could help for a little while.

Hair loss around eyes. Recently my maltese is loosing hair around his eyes. I have been feeding him the... (16073 views)

Golden with itchy abdomen. Hello My dog Henri has been constantly licking and chewing his underside inside... (35765 views)

Dog was limping and death. My dog was favoring his left front leg and he is an outside dog with lots of energy,... (18290 views)

Benadryl for thunderstorms? My dog is terified of thunderstoms. Pants, tongue hanging out, eyes huge, and heart... (39420 views)

bloat in boerboels Hello. I'm currently looking at information about the boerboel. I'm thinking about... (11792 views)

Itchy dog. I had noticed the oldest one of my dogs, Chloe, chewing and itching a little more... (49243 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (20140 views)

Discolored fur around mouth. I have a Westie , 4 years old , the fur around his mouth has become redish pink... (13968 views)

Wobbly Boxer. My 3 year old boxer has been having some issues. He has always been very very clumsy... (12139 views)

Eating grass and vomiting. Bleu has always been a resilient dog with now health problems, but over the last... (20492 views)