Guinea pig with mammary tumor.

Breed: Guinea pig
what does a large open lump on a guinea pigs tit mean? the tit has gone!

Sorry to hear that Muffin is having these problems.

Unfortunately mammary gland tumors (cancer) are quite common in older guinea pigs.

A recent study showed that 50% of mammary cancers in guinea pigs are benign and 50% are malignant.

However, if you are seeing that the area has ruptured then I am concerned that this may be a malignant cancer.

An abscess is a possibility, but not as likely.

It's a good idea to have your vet take a look. They may be able to do surgery to remove the lump. Or, they might be able to prescribe some antibiotics which could help for a little while.

Dog ate maxi pad. 10 days ago my german Shepherd at a maxi pad ( enlongated overnight maxi with wings)... (28404 views)

How to make cat urinate. is there something we can put in her food to make her... (10716 views)

Sick cat. HI. MY cat has been sick for the last two months or so. The last few weeks however,... (13651 views)

Lump on hedgehog I have a hedgehog who has a lump behind his right ear and down into his neck. If I... (22091 views)

Panting after insulin. My 6 year old dog was Diagnosed with diabetes 5 months ago. Having some trouble... (52260 views)

Dog is paralyzed. How are you? I have been reading lots of articles at your site and they help me... (7416 views)

Breathing heavy. Is this Asthma? I have a question about asthma and heavy breathing General background: Okara... (9750 views)

Is spinach good for dogs? Is spinach toxic for... (154857 views)

Dog's eye blue and purple. hi my dog annebell has a giant blister in eye yesterday it was small so i didnt... (17096 views)

Vomiting after eating. my pet vomits after eating since 20 days with brownish in color,faeces is loose with... (10773 views)