Guinea pig with mammary tumor.

Breed: Guinea pig
what does a large open lump on a guinea pigs tit mean? the tit has gone!

Sorry to hear that Muffin is having these problems.

Unfortunately mammary gland tumors (cancer) are quite common in older guinea pigs.

A recent study showed that 50% of mammary cancers in guinea pigs are benign and 50% are malignant.

However, if you are seeing that the area has ruptured then I am concerned that this may be a malignant cancer.

An abscess is a possibility, but not as likely.

It's a good idea to have your vet take a look. They may be able to do surgery to remove the lump. Or, they might be able to prescribe some antibiotics which could help for a little while.

PNST in a dog. My Jack Russell (8 years old) was just diagnosed with a PNST. Which was discovered... (13618 views)

Renal failure. Care and diet for young dog in last stages of renal failure... My sister's dog,... (19095 views)

Test for Cushings? My dog is breathing rapidly, about 60 times per minute, night and day, but otherwise... (6901 views)

Crusty ears on a cat. My just over 3 month old, 100% indoor kitten has some crustiness on both tip/edge of... (26358 views)

Spots all over body. Hi My staffordshire bull terrier has little spots all over his body almost like... (14259 views)

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (24242 views)

Thirsty hamster my wee hamster is drinking a very lot of water l could fill her bottle up and she... (19139 views)

Cat losing clumps of fur Our beloved 9 yo old male cat Gretzkey is ripping his hair out in clumps. Our house... (43852 views)

Is ketoconazole safe? Hi. My 6 y/o Papillon has suffered fron skin problems his whole life. I've been told... (5914 views)

Positive leishmaniasis test. my dog has just had a blood test result for leishmans the result is 0.1 and requires... (9054 views)