Guinea pig with mammary tumor.

Breed: Guinea pig
what does a large open lump on a guinea pigs tit mean? the tit has gone!

Sorry to hear that Muffin is having these problems.

Unfortunately mammary gland tumors (cancer) are quite common in older guinea pigs.

A recent study showed that 50% of mammary cancers in guinea pigs are benign and 50% are malignant.

However, if you are seeing that the area has ruptured then I am concerned that this may be a malignant cancer.

An abscess is a possibility, but not as likely.

It's a good idea to have your vet take a look. They may be able to do surgery to remove the lump. Or, they might be able to prescribe some antibiotics which could help for a little while.

Dog pooping and peeing in house. why does my dog poo or pee when i leeve her out in the house at night ??? when i... (8608 views)

Black stuff in cat's ears. Hi Dr. Marie. My cat Thelma (who happens to be male and nearly 15) has had an issue... (35915 views)

Care of orphaned kittens. I have a ferral outside cat who just had kittens and was attacked...most of thr... (6751 views)

Two gerbils fighting. i have a gerbil that i got and i put it with my other gerbil and they were fiting... (7723 views)

Strange behavior in cat. Hello. My cat got hit by a car four months ago and had to have his tail... (10523 views)

Swollen painful gums. Stomatitis? Other vets have been trying to figure out what is wrong, or how to help Yoko. Her... (15118 views)

Is dog's paw broken? Chandler jumped out the car window today and hurt his back paw. He won't put any... (11131 views)

Puppy chewing legs and licking penis Harley chews on himself constantly. He likes his penis, he chews on his legs,... (13825 views)

Dental problems in 20 year old cat. My cat Jack, who is 20 yrs old and has a predominant heart murmur and obviously a... (12857 views)

Lab is not eating. my dog is a labrador retriever and about 9 years old. he was a solid eater and never... (6873 views)