Vomiting bile.

Breed: Pit Bull
My dog has been throwing up all day, and all though the night. The throw up is yellow/brown bile. I read somewhere is that he has to eat something,however he do not want to eat, and when he did eat he threw up the food. I am scared and worried. What should I do?

Sorry to hear that Patch'z is not doing well. (Cute name, I like it!)

There are a great number of things that can cause a dog to vomit including parvo virus (usually accompanied by diarrhea, and not common if the dog is vaccinated), pancreatitis (would be accompanied by a painful belly),a foreign object in his stomach or intestines, kidney or liver disease or more.

The most common reason for a dog to vomit is if he has eaten something that has disagreed with him or had a change in food.

If he is still fairly bright and alert then you can try fasting him for 24 hours and then offering him small meals of chicken and rice (which are foods that are easy on his stomach).

But, if the vomiting continues past 24 hours or if he really is not feeling well then he will need to see the vet to determine what is going on and how it can be fixed.

Ear cartilage broken. someone has broke the cartridge in my dogs ear by rubbing them hard. what can i do... (27629 views)

Is pinkeye contagious to pets? My husband just contracted pink eye. Is it possible for him to spread it to our dog... (31928 views)

Cryptosporidium and clostridium. I am hoping for confirmation that we are on the right track with treating our two 11... (21879 views)

Thinking of getting a malamute. hi, i currently have a malchi. he is part maltese part chihuahua. i have been... (12047 views)

Coughing and not eating. I recently adopted Bell (female) and Sid (6 month old male from a local animal... (8193 views)

Yellow liquid at tip of penis. Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) he will have a yellowish white dot of... (23810 views)

Puppy not gaining weight. my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating... (11896 views)

How much exercise for a puppy? Hi Dr Marie, I'm pleased to report Max is doing well.. changing from Iams to p/d... (10060 views)

19 year old cat died. My 19 yo childhood cat died this morning and my parents, who aren't the sort of... (9627 views)

Swollen eye after removal. Hi My 16 month old male pug had his intact left globe removed 10 months ago after... (8074 views)