Vomiting bile.

Breed: Pit Bull
My dog has been throwing up all day, and all though the night. The throw up is yellow/brown bile. I read somewhere is that he has to eat something,however he do not want to eat, and when he did eat he threw up the food. I am scared and worried. What should I do?

Sorry to hear that Patch'z is not doing well. (Cute name, I like it!)

There are a great number of things that can cause a dog to vomit including parvo virus (usually accompanied by diarrhea, and not common if the dog is vaccinated), pancreatitis (would be accompanied by a painful belly),a foreign object in his stomach or intestines, kidney or liver disease or more.

The most common reason for a dog to vomit is if he has eaten something that has disagreed with him or had a change in food.

If he is still fairly bright and alert then you can try fasting him for 24 hours and then offering him small meals of chicken and rice (which are foods that are easy on his stomach).

But, if the vomiting continues past 24 hours or if he really is not feeling well then he will need to see the vet to determine what is going on and how it can be fixed.

Will dog with broken back recover? Hi Dr. Marie, Our dog pulled out of her collar and was hit by a vehicle Saturday... (39630 views)

Boxer with kennel cough. I adopted Shelby from a shelter. She has the kennel cough and I am treating her with... (14847 views)

Pug died after pooping blood. my female pug passed away between 4:00A.M. & 8:00 A.m. yesterday. She had never... (54702 views)

Swollen ear. My cats right inner ear just started turning like bruised, black & blue. Inner ear,... (11689 views)

Trifexis overdose. My approx 4-5lb teacup Pomeranian ate HALF of the Trifexis meant for a 60-120lb dog... (4793 views)

Retrobulbar abscess My 3 year old, female border collie was treated late yesterday for a retrobulbar... (9839 views)

Spots on belly of Golden Retriever. my dog recently had dirty brown spots on her stomach when i touch them or wash them... (14382 views)

Puppy with crystals. our registered golden retriever,Ginger, had a litter of puppies a few months ago(no... (10492 views)

Cat with bump on skin. My 5 year old cat has a small bump on the back of his neck. It moves with the skin... (10900 views)

Cat is getting lazy. Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could... (11301 views)