Vomiting bile.

Breed: Pit Bull
My dog has been throwing up all day, and all though the night. The throw up is yellow/brown bile. I read somewhere is that he has to eat something,however he do not want to eat, and when he did eat he threw up the food. I am scared and worried. What should I do?

Sorry to hear that Patch'z is not doing well. (Cute name, I like it!)

There are a great number of things that can cause a dog to vomit including parvo virus (usually accompanied by diarrhea, and not common if the dog is vaccinated), pancreatitis (would be accompanied by a painful belly),a foreign object in his stomach or intestines, kidney or liver disease or more.

The most common reason for a dog to vomit is if he has eaten something that has disagreed with him or had a change in food.

If he is still fairly bright and alert then you can try fasting him for 24 hours and then offering him small meals of chicken and rice (which are foods that are easy on his stomach).

But, if the vomiting continues past 24 hours or if he really is not feeling well then he will need to see the vet to determine what is going on and how it can be fixed.

Cat fell from the balcony. HI,Please,i Know i Didnt paid you! But i dont have credit card,and i think my cat... (10415 views)

What kind of dog to get? My dog Toby died at the age of 14 2 moths ago.Me and my family r looking 4 a new... (7283 views)

How often to vaccinate for parvo. Hi How often should I get my dog vaccinated for Parvo? She was vaccinated May... (40509 views)

Ketoconazole, Heartgard, Comfortis. Good morning. Well this is kind of a follow-up question on Poppi. I wrote to you on... (6306 views)

Problems with Rimadyl? she seems to have paralysis of her front left paw. she can not stand on her own and... (22836 views)

Lump on ferret's face. My daughters feret has a lump on it's cheek. At first it did not grow fast , but now... (9335 views)

Can dogs get laryngitis? what is a home remedy for a laryngitis? My dog has had it... (13067 views)

Dog has bone cancer. My dog has been limping for some time now. His toe has been diagnosed with Bone... (11460 views)

Puppy doesn't want to eat. It has been over a week since my Sheltie has lost her appetite. She hardly touches... (10223 views)

Dog has liver cancer. Our 12 year old Golden/Lab mix has been diagnosed with liver cancer. What can we do... (24157 views)