Vomiting bile.

Breed: Pit Bull
My dog has been throwing up all day, and all though the night. The throw up is yellow/brown bile. I read somewhere is that he has to eat something,however he do not want to eat, and when he did eat he threw up the food. I am scared and worried. What should I do?

Sorry to hear that Patch'z is not doing well. (Cute name, I like it!)

There are a great number of things that can cause a dog to vomit including parvo virus (usually accompanied by diarrhea, and not common if the dog is vaccinated), pancreatitis (would be accompanied by a painful belly),a foreign object in his stomach or intestines, kidney or liver disease or more.

The most common reason for a dog to vomit is if he has eaten something that has disagreed with him or had a change in food.

If he is still fairly bright and alert then you can try fasting him for 24 hours and then offering him small meals of chicken and rice (which are foods that are easy on his stomach).

But, if the vomiting continues past 24 hours or if he really is not feeling well then he will need to see the vet to determine what is going on and how it can be fixed.

How much should a dog sleep? I am curious to know how much sleep is normal for an older dog. He is a small breed... (8024 views)

Diabetes and IBD. Hi Dr. Marie- This one is long and complicated, but hopefully it makes sense! I... (8954 views)

How to get cat to lose weight. I have an overweight cat - we have gotten him down by three pounds but needs to lose... (8586 views)

Bald spots on dog I have 2 staffordshire bullterriers which are brothers 1 of them has lost a spot of... (14907 views)

Allergic reaction and diarrhea. Dr, My 3 1/2 year old basset hound is having multiple issues that in my best... (10692 views)

Should dog have a liver biopsy? My dog, Zora, was adopted from a rescue group in CA so we don't know much about her... (11018 views)

Cipro problems? When I was on vacation, my dog borded at my vet. My dad visited and gave him a large... (12571 views)

Limping cat. Hi, My calico cat has been limping for over 6 months, Rt paw. About 3 yrs ago she... (16547 views)

Dog panting at night time. I would like to know if you can tell me why my dog is panting at night time. I have... (305642 views)

Only one testicle descended. I have a 7 month old male boxer who has only had one of his testicles drop. Can you... (59676 views)