Vomiting bile.

Breed: Pit Bull
My dog has been throwing up all day, and all though the night. The throw up is yellow/brown bile. I read somewhere is that he has to eat something,however he do not want to eat, and when he did eat he threw up the food. I am scared and worried. What should I do?

Sorry to hear that Patch'z is not doing well. (Cute name, I like it!)

There are a great number of things that can cause a dog to vomit including parvo virus (usually accompanied by diarrhea, and not common if the dog is vaccinated), pancreatitis (would be accompanied by a painful belly),a foreign object in his stomach or intestines, kidney or liver disease or more.

The most common reason for a dog to vomit is if he has eaten something that has disagreed with him or had a change in food.

If he is still fairly bright and alert then you can try fasting him for 24 hours and then offering him small meals of chicken and rice (which are foods that are easy on his stomach).

But, if the vomiting continues past 24 hours or if he really is not feeling well then he will need to see the vet to determine what is going on and how it can be fixed.

Puppy won't eat or drink. My puppy has not been feeling good for the past 2 days. She doesn't eat or drink... (110691 views)

Dog or cat pooping in house. Everyday – twice a day – morning and when I get home from work –... (22023 views)

Sore shoulder. My cat just came home yesterday with a mild limp (indoor-outdoor cat)He whines a... (18598 views)

Vomiting foamy yellow stuff. My Yorki 8 Lb and was throwing up yellow foamy and almost puss like stuff 3 days ago... (20370 views)

Quiet, sneezing dog. My Choc Lab is acting very listless, sneezing constantly, her nose is cold, is still... (24222 views)

Dog shedding. Why is our dog shedding so... (11004 views)

Bad breath in puppy. My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do? I'm worrying... (6505 views)

Possible asthma My 7 year old cat has always had frequent hairballs. I have always suspected he had... (15602 views)

Cat ate vitamin D3. I believe my cat accidentally ingested a 1000iu capsule of Vitamin D3 I read your... (36560 views)

Sick kitten is not eating. my kitten keeps being sick and hasnt eaten any thing in the last 3 days apart from a... (11108 views)