Cat is eating less and vomiting.

Breed: DSH
Bernie has been on Royal Canin wet Overweight Management food for awhile. Lately he has started not to finish his food (leaving a tablespoon or so) and once a week or so vomits after eating (even though he is eating slowly. I am quite worried as my last cat died from (I can't remember the term, something like stomach cancer) with the same type of symptoms. He seems to be acting normally otherwise and has normal bowel and bladder function.

Thank you.

Thanks for your question. This is a tough question to answer because it is hard to say whether or not you need to be worried.

Any time that a cat is eating less food than normal, I get a little bit concerned that something could be going on. But what that "something" is is hard to pin down. It could be that there is a dental problem, a kidney problem, a liver problem, or even an infection of some sort. Is the food a new batch? If so, it's possible that the company has changed their formula and he doesn't like the taste as much.

Does Bernie tend to eat things he shouldn't? Occasional vomiting and reduced appetite could be a sign of a foreign object in the stomach.

Vomiting once a week is not usually something I get too worried about. Most cats will vomit occasionally. If it was happening several times per day I would be more concerned. However, if Bernie never used to vomit and now he vomits once a week it could be a sign of a mild illness.

Ideally it would be a good idea to have your vet do a good physical exam on Bernie and some bloodwork to see if there is evidence of any sort of infection or organ condition.

I likely haven't answered your question fully as the symptoms are quite vague. But then that is the case with a lot of cat conditions! Please let me know if you have more questions.

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (12500 views)

Red dots on dog's abdomen. Hello. My dog Biscuit has been having red dots like skin under his abdominal. It... (4671 views)

Peeing on walls. Okay,I have a female spayed 2 year old cat and never sprayed walls and peed walls.... (12061 views)

Will one grape hurt my dog? (102657 views)

Grief after dog's death. I need your help, please... for peace of mind so I can sleep and live with myself. ... (9016 views)

Cat has vomiting and diarrhea. Hi my cat is about one year old and we feed him and give him water everday but he... (12186 views)

Tapeworm contagious? I have a 3-4 yr old Siamese cat named Vincent....I got him from a shelter as a... (27120 views)

Puppy has red weepy eyes. my puppies eyelids on the inside are very red and his eyes have been weeping a lot,... (9704 views)

Dog ate a dead bird. he ate a dead bird today,hes been sick once,he seems fine and hes eating,should i... (26386 views)

Constantly meowing for food. Two years ago, we adopted a stray cat that was living in the bushes outside our... (5200 views)