Proin for incontinence.

Breed: Yellow Lab
Our lab is 4 years old and has had a urinary problem since birth. When he sleeps or rests, he drips urine. He has gone for xrays and ultrasound and the vet says everything looks good. Would you be willing to subscripe Proin chewable tablets for him at a reasonable price? I have been out of work for two years and can't afford the expense of a local vet.

Thank you for your help.

Jack Gular

Hi there and thanks for your question. It does sound like Proin (propalin) tablets may be helpful for your boy.

However, I am unable to prescribe medication unless I have done a physical exam and started a file on an animal. No vet will be able to prescribe medication online.

You could try talking to your vet about whether he or she would be willing to write a prescription that you can fill online. You can sometimes get prescription medications for less expensive online.

However, if you haven't seen your vet recently they will need to do a physical exam on Tucker before being able to prescribe the medication.

I hope he does ok!

Cat sick after prednisone. Two weeks ago LittleMan had something like an infection in the corners of his mouth... (10821 views)

Recovery from FCE. Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some... (6790 views)

Toxoplasmosis and pregnancy. Hi there, Ive recently found out I am pregnant (6 weeks) and wanted some advice... (9976 views)

Fluid filled lumps on ear. My dog has many lumps on her ears that feel like they are fluid filled and sensitive... (8072 views)

Arthritis in elbow. My 10 year old German Shepherd mix has been limping on her front leg. It has... (11221 views)

How to get cat to lose weight? Cinder is about 16-18 lbs. She has a large frame for a Female, per the vet, but my... (2762 views)

Can't move back legs. My cat could not get up using its back legs. Her front legs were working but she... (22846 views)

Dog bite wound. Hello, My dog got bit by a Pit bull on Saturday 9/1. I was not able to take him to... (7600 views)

Feeding a cat with fatty liver. Hi Dr. Marie, I am in a bit of a muddy situation. My client changed vets for ONE of... (4626 views)

Lump on dog's chest. My dog has a lump on the right side of his chest. (I think it's his chest. It's an... (16148 views)