Proin for incontinence.

Breed: Yellow Lab
Our lab is 4 years old and has had a urinary problem since birth. When he sleeps or rests, he drips urine. He has gone for xrays and ultrasound and the vet says everything looks good. Would you be willing to subscripe Proin chewable tablets for him at a reasonable price? I have been out of work for two years and can't afford the expense of a local vet.

Thank you for your help.

Jack Gular

Hi there and thanks for your question. It does sound like Proin (propalin) tablets may be helpful for your boy.

However, I am unable to prescribe medication unless I have done a physical exam and started a file on an animal. No vet will be able to prescribe medication online.

You could try talking to your vet about whether he or she would be willing to write a prescription that you can fill online. You can sometimes get prescription medications for less expensive online.

However, if you haven't seen your vet recently they will need to do a physical exam on Tucker before being able to prescribe the medication.

I hope he does ok!

Puppies are dying after fire. We just got a couple of pit puppies, 2 weeks old - the mother dog died in a house... (7037 views)

Are tomatoes bad for cats? Hi, My ragdoll cat loves cherry tomatoes! - he goes mad crazy for the but I am... (38453 views)

Swollen nipple. I have a female dog that was fixed 6 years ago. She has 1 nipple that is swollen to... (25606 views)

Urinating in her sleep. my dog has urinated in her sleep 3 times in the past few days the first time she was... (8300 views)

Dachshund not feeling well. Dr, We have a new baby girl and Primo has slept in our bed since he was a puppy,... (9205 views)

Exercise induced collapse. I have a labrador retriever and she is about 4 years old, 60 lbs and she is a girl.... (6692 views)

Senior food for 7 year old dog? I have 2 black pugs. One (Mr. P) is 11 years old, and the other (Samson) is 7 years... (5023 views)

Wart on dog's paw. Hello Dr Marie, I'm hoping you can help me identify a lump that I have found on... (25866 views)

ibuprofen for arthritis? my dog seems to have problems sometimes when getting up from a short or long rest,... (9299 views)

1 month puppy can't poop. She has been constipated for 3 days. We have put half tsp. olive oil in food, giving... (14080 views)