Proin for incontinence.

Breed: Yellow Lab
Our lab is 4 years old and has had a urinary problem since birth. When he sleeps or rests, he drips urine. He has gone for xrays and ultrasound and the vet says everything looks good. Would you be willing to subscripe Proin chewable tablets for him at a reasonable price? I have been out of work for two years and can't afford the expense of a local vet.

Thank you for your help.

Jack Gular

Hi there and thanks for your question. It does sound like Proin (propalin) tablets may be helpful for your boy.

However, I am unable to prescribe medication unless I have done a physical exam and started a file on an animal. No vet will be able to prescribe medication online.

You could try talking to your vet about whether he or she would be willing to write a prescription that you can fill online. You can sometimes get prescription medications for less expensive online.

However, if you haven't seen your vet recently they will need to do a physical exam on Tucker before being able to prescribe the medication.

I hope he does ok!

Puppies with dandruff. We got 5 puppies from a friend of mine and the puppies have hair loss itching and it... (5330 views)

Swollen vulva. "I have a female Rat Terrier who is 6 months old and I was wondering if its normal... (21095 views)

Parvo recovery. I'M LOOKING AT A PUP THAT IS RECOVERING FROM PARVO. WHAT IS THE RECOVERY TIME AND... (15843 views)

When to neuter my dog. Hi, I have an 8 month old 63 lb male intact golden retriver. When should I neuter... (6108 views)

Can't close mouth. Hi! My cat is 21 years old. Just recently its like his lower jaw has shifted to the... (8576 views)

Ear margin dermatosis. Hello, I have a 5 year old over-weight beagle. He's had these small dry crusty... (36194 views)

Jaw cancer? Hello doctor. My question is about my 8-10 year old cat. He has had teeth removed do... (8727 views)

Bald spot on maltese. I just noticed a bald spot about the size of 2 half dollars on my Maltese right... (10044 views)

How much water does a puppy drink? My dog is almost 9 months old and he drinks water all the time i often find him... (10388 views)

Rapid breathing while sleeping. I own a white female boxer. She born in oct. 30,2009. I notice when she's sleeping... (10570 views)