Blood in urine.

Breed: all black med hair
I can not afford to take her to a vet...so here I am.
I have just noticed while cleaning out the litter that there was what looked like drops of blood on the urine.
She also has some loss of hair on her tail and backside.
PLEASE help. If there is an OTC medicine that may help her...like I said I can not afford to even take her in for a dx.

Thank you SO much!

Urinary tract problems in cats always do require vet care. Lily could have either interstitial cystitis, bladder stones, bladder crystals or a urinary tract infection.

Unfortunately there is no at home treatment for any of these conditions.

Having blood in the urine usually means that there is inflammation present. This is really uncomfortable for Lily.

If you are having trouble paying for vet bills, try some of the resources here: Help with veterinary bills.

Related article:FLUTD - Urinary Tract Blockage in Cats.

Bloated abdomen in hamster. Hi....our pet hamster buddy is extremely bloated. We have had him for a year and a... (80251 views)

Spaying an older dog. My dog is 10 years old and has had 2 litters of puppies. I would like to have her... (7539 views)

Rabbit not moving. this morning she was fine, now she is laying lifeless, her belly is flat like she... (6544 views)

Dog won't pee in the yard. Our shiba Jesse has always peed and pooped in our fenced in backyard. We recently... (31618 views)

3 week old kitten with diarrhea. i have a kitten that is 3 weeks old and she has diarrhea and also i wanted to know... (13104 views)

Benadryl for dogs How much Benadryl can I give my dog? I think he is having an allergic reaction to a... (13179 views)

Cut on ear. Hi Dr. Marie, My dog was attacked by a collie two days ago. They were just... (34924 views)

How much should a dog sleep? I am curious to know how much sleep is normal for an older dog. He is a small breed... (7552 views)

Are tomatoes bad for cats? Hi, My ragdoll cat loves cherry tomatoes! - he goes mad crazy for the but I am... (37797 views)

Vet lost the lump! My cat had surgery last Thursday to have a cyst on his toe removed to see if it was... (10183 views)