Blood in urine.

Breed: all black med hair
I can not afford to take her to a vet...so here I am.
I have just noticed while cleaning out the litter that there was what looked like drops of blood on the urine.
She also has some loss of hair on her tail and backside.
PLEASE help. If there is an OTC medicine that may help her...like I said I can not afford to even take her in for a dx.

Thank you SO much!

Urinary tract problems in cats always do require vet care. Lily could have either interstitial cystitis, bladder stones, bladder crystals or a urinary tract infection.

Unfortunately there is no at home treatment for any of these conditions.

Having blood in the urine usually means that there is inflammation present. This is really uncomfortable for Lily.

If you are having trouble paying for vet bills, try some of the resources here: Help with veterinary bills.

Related article:FLUTD - Urinary Tract Blockage in Cats.

Is Tropiclean safe? Dear Dr. Marie: Hello! I am writing to ask about giving a water additive to my... (21758 views)

White eye discharge in Guinea Pig. i have a guinea pig and she has lost alot of weight and shes not her self, she has... (15591 views)

My cat's eye is foggy. Hello, My cat Paisley is 10 months old and her eye is foggy, her ears and nose are... (10046 views)

Immodium overdose? I may have overdosed my chihuahua on immodium ad yesterday. I gave her a humans dose... (26604 views)

Upper respiratory infection. HI Dr. Marie, Ten days ago a neighborhood cat started hanging around my house. I... (11112 views)

Old dog vomiting. My dog has been throwing up food that she eats except soft stuff, she is old and she... (17268 views)

Urinating outside of box. Hi there, I have two cats, a male (Duke, long haired tabby) and female (Bella,... (9602 views)

Fleas, pale nose and sick. My cat Ava has lost alomot all of her hair and so much weight i can see her hip... (6256 views)

Sterile nodular panniculitis? Hi, My dog has a patch of nodules on his neck. I took him to our normal vet five... (38224 views)

Eye infection in feral cat I have a feral colony. A few of them had URI symptoms which were quite bad and... (10195 views)