Blood in urine.

Breed: all black med hair
I can not afford to take her to a vet...so here I am.
I have just noticed while cleaning out the litter that there was what looked like drops of blood on the urine.
She also has some loss of hair on her tail and backside.
PLEASE help. If there is an OTC medicine that may help her...like I said I can not afford to even take her in for a dx.

Thank you SO much!

Urinary tract problems in cats always do require vet care. Lily could have either interstitial cystitis, bladder stones, bladder crystals or a urinary tract infection.

Unfortunately there is no at home treatment for any of these conditions.

Having blood in the urine usually means that there is inflammation present. This is really uncomfortable for Lily.

If you are having trouble paying for vet bills, try some of the resources here: Help with veterinary bills.

Related article:FLUTD - Urinary Tract Blockage in Cats.

Is this fleas? Dear Dr. Marie, This is my 2nd time asking a question. Thank you for your great... (8458 views)

Restraint of dogs. Hi, I am currently filling out a university application for vet science at the... (10513 views)

Lump on dog's belly. Hi Dr. Marie I have a 5 year old Cocker Spaniel female - spayed when she was a... (18221 views)

Unneutered dog bit child. Hello Dr. Marie, Our 9 year old Border Collie has no history of aggression or... (11772 views)

Diarrhea question. My 10 year old malamute just got up off the living room floor, leaving behind a... (11128 views)

Chihuahua has back problem. Hi! One of my four chihuahuas, Ginger, has been having a back problem for a while... (13277 views)

Cat's stomach making noises My cat's stomach has been making noises today including gurgling and rumbling. This... (224004 views)

Older cat with problems. Hi there. I really hope that you can answer my question. My cat Derek is obviously... (55253 views)

Vomiting after eating. My cat will vomit after eating several times a week. She will also 'leak' or 'drip'... (32673 views)

Torn nail in cat. My cat snagged her nail on string and the string got stuck in the quick and cut it a... (15568 views)