Cat has an itchy head.

Breed: Domestic
Hello, my cat's head is very itchy. She has been wearing a e-collar for a year (otherwise she will tear her face apart). I have changed her food to hypoallergenic and I only use hypoallergenic products. Nothing seems to work I have tried, hypoallergenic food, hypoallergenic detergent, glass food dishes, amethystine and tested for mites. Recently, I noticed white bumps on her head that scabbed and the hair is falling out. I have taken her to numerous vets to no avail. Please help.

Oh, poor Sook. It sounds like she is so uncomfortable. It sounds like you have been trying all of the right things.

Has she ever had a skin biopsy done? A biopsy could tell us if this is a rare condition like pemphigus foliaceus. It could also be ringworm which is a fungal infection.

Is she a white cat? If so you might want to ask your vet about a type of skin cancer called squamous cell carcinoma.

Has she been on steroids (either by injection or pills such as prednisone)? If this is an allergy, sometimes this is the only thing that works.

In a cat like this I would also be doing a prescription strength flea product just in case (even if you are not seeing fleas.)

I would love to see pictures of your cat. If you would like to reply I can tell you which email address to send them to.

The other thing that you can consider is to ask your vet for a referral to a veterinary dermatologist. We will often do this if we are having difficulty treating a cat with skin problems.

It's not fair for her to live life with an e-collar. We need to find some way to get her comfortable!

Pain in front leg. She has been limping, crying out to us, and holding up her front right leg. It... (8358 views)

Submissive urination. I adopted this dog on Thursday. I took him to the vets on Friday and he was checked... (14372 views)

Cancer or infection? I recently had to put my dog to sleep after I found out he had cancer that had... (11464 views)

Cat is not eating. Our 6 year old male cat has not been eating or Drinking. He has not been using the... (19347 views)

Pink lump on dog's paw. I just noticed my Daschund has a small lump on one of her paws. It is pinkish in... (62143 views)

Swollen nose. My 9 yo Female Samoyed has a swollen nose - the black part of the nose, on the top.... (8810 views)

Does my cat have glaucoma? About 2 weeks ago, I started noticing that Mietzi's right pupil would always stay... (7029 views)

Type of clippers? I need to know what kind or brand of trimmer to use on my rough coat Collie. Tried... (11663 views)

Ear problems. Charlie has possibly caught ear mites. He his continuously scratching for minutes... (10224 views)

Dog is afraid of people. I have a shy dog and a trainer told me to densitize her to her fears. she is afraid... (7376 views)