Puppy vomiting and not eating.

Breed: chawawa & weenie dog
my do seems to be sick she will not really eat and she has lost most of her energy and occasionaly will try to throw up but she has noting that comes up because she has not eaten anything i hope that i can get help soon unfortanitlly i do not have a cc so that i can pay for a faster responce or a vet visit anything you can do will help. Thank you very much

I'm sorry to hear that little Lily is not feeling well. I get concerned when a puppy doesn't want to eat and is vomiting.

Here are some things that can cause a puppy to not eat and vomit:

• A virus such as parvo virus.

• A large number of parasites.

• Eating an object such as a toy or a cloth object.

• Eating something toxic to kidneys or liver.

• Eating a new food or treat (but this shouldn't make her this sick.

If she has not had a complete set of vaccinations then I would be worried about parvo virus. Unfortunately this virus is very serious and usually needs to be treated with a hospital stay for several days.

It really sounds like your dog needs to be seen by a vet as soon as possible. Puppies don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration.

Until you can get her there you can try offering her small amounts of an electrolyte solution or unsweetened pedialyte every few hours.

I wish I could give you more advice but it sounds like she is going to need to see the vet.

Black spots on belly and chest. Hello, About a month ago we noticed these black spots on Xander's belly. There were... (206465 views)

Floppy ear in German Shepherd. Hello my name is nick and i have a purebred west german shepherd from working lines.... (20900 views)

Can I give hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting? I gave my puppy a tablespoon and a half of hydrogen peroxide to help him throw up... (24018 views)

Bleeding after whelping. My female dog is now bleeding again 8 weeks after having her pups. Now I know she's... (74592 views)

Puppy stepped on. my 7 wk old pure staffie has just been accidently stood on by one foot of my 14-15... (37146 views)

Best cat foods. One cat is 13 pounds and 7 years old. He is heavy, but it doesn't look or feel like... (4236 views)

Submissive urination. Hey Dr.Marie my dog Mya is 1 year and a half but everytime someone picks her up she... (9302 views)

Renal lymphoma? my cat just had dental surgery. After about a week I noticed she was still listless... (23936 views)

Questions about cryptosporidium. Vet told me dog has cryptosporidium She had diarrehea and vomit but lasted 24 hours... (17632 views)

Did I cause my cat's brain injuries? hi ya i was playing with my cat and it scrap me bad so i slapped him on the head he... (17229 views)