Puppy vomiting and not eating.

Breed: chawawa & weenie dog
my do seems to be sick she will not really eat and she has lost most of her energy and occasionaly will try to throw up but she has noting that comes up because she has not eaten anything i hope that i can get help soon unfortanitlly i do not have a cc so that i can pay for a faster responce or a vet visit anything you can do will help. Thank you very much

I'm sorry to hear that little Lily is not feeling well. I get concerned when a puppy doesn't want to eat and is vomiting.

Here are some things that can cause a puppy to not eat and vomit:

• A virus such as parvo virus.

• A large number of parasites.

• Eating an object such as a toy or a cloth object.

• Eating something toxic to kidneys or liver.

• Eating a new food or treat (but this shouldn't make her this sick.

If she has not had a complete set of vaccinations then I would be worried about parvo virus. Unfortunately this virus is very serious and usually needs to be treated with a hospital stay for several days.

It really sounds like your dog needs to be seen by a vet as soon as possible. Puppies don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration.

Until you can get her there you can try offering her small amounts of an electrolyte solution or unsweetened pedialyte every few hours.

I wish I could give you more advice but it sounds like she is going to need to see the vet.

Shedding because of diet? My cat lives indoors, and he's got a shedding problem. I was wondering if he is... (10096 views)

Sneezing, vomiting, coughing. my cat is sneezing vomiting coughing breathing through his mouth and has hard... (23244 views)

In pain after spay. Our dog got spayed 2 days ago and she still cries in pain quite a bit. I was... (11505 views)

Min Pin won't eat. My 2 year old (obese) miniature pinscher has been displaying very odd behavior.... (12561 views)

Brown bugs over top of tail. Dear Dr. Marie: I HAVE A CAT, IT HAS BROWN BUG AND SCAB AT THE DORSAL ASPECT OF... (10929 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. We went up to Lake Tahoe for the weekend, both of our dogs receive home made food,... (14107 views)

Does my cat have a hernia? Hi, My cat was operated on Thursday. My vet suspected that there may have been a... (24985 views)

Teeth cleaning in cats. How important is it to clean your cats teeth and how would I go about it? My cat... (7776 views)

Saddle thrombus in a dog. In a dog, once a blood clot has broken off and is considered a saddle thrombus, how... (8252 views)

Red bumps on puppy's belly. Hi, our Border Collie puppy has these red bumps on her belly. They are real red and... (78515 views)