Puppy vomiting and not eating.

Breed: chawawa & weenie dog
my do seems to be sick she will not really eat and she has lost most of her energy and occasionaly will try to throw up but she has noting that comes up because she has not eaten anything i hope that i can get help soon unfortanitlly i do not have a cc so that i can pay for a faster responce or a vet visit anything you can do will help. Thank you very much

I'm sorry to hear that little Lily is not feeling well. I get concerned when a puppy doesn't want to eat and is vomiting.

Here are some things that can cause a puppy to not eat and vomit:

• A virus such as parvo virus.

• A large number of parasites.

• Eating an object such as a toy or a cloth object.

• Eating something toxic to kidneys or liver.

• Eating a new food or treat (but this shouldn't make her this sick.

If she has not had a complete set of vaccinations then I would be worried about parvo virus. Unfortunately this virus is very serious and usually needs to be treated with a hospital stay for several days.

It really sounds like your dog needs to be seen by a vet as soon as possible. Puppies don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration.

Until you can get her there you can try offering her small amounts of an electrolyte solution or unsweetened pedialyte every few hours.

I wish I could give you more advice but it sounds like she is going to need to see the vet.

Biting her paws. my dog is biting her paws why is she? she had fleas but we gave her a pill so when... (6685 views)

Feral cat with problems. There is a a trio of feral cats that we have been feeding, and over the last few... (12733 views)

My cat died. My cat was found dead by a neighbour on a grass verge about 10ft from the road on... (10972 views)

21 year old cat is dying. THIS IS URGENt, BUT I DON'T HAVE 15.00 RIGHT NOW!! i THINK MY 21 YEAR OLD CAT IS... (12259 views)

Swollen foot and death in a dog. I am seeking for an answer what could be the reason my dog can hardly breathe and... (18698 views)

Dog's eye blue and purple. hi my dog annebell has a giant blister in eye yesterday it was small so i didnt... (13320 views)

Infection in neuter incision? My dog got neutered 10 days ago (Aug 9th) and in a distracted moment he licked the... (58099 views)

Head tremors and clingy dog. For the first time in 12 years my dog has started following me around obsessively... (9017 views)

IVDD and swimming. My American Bulldog Lucille, age 11 years old, has Type 2 IVDD. She can walk... (5680 views)

Worn footpads. Hi, Dr. Marie: I'm writing to ask you how to treat sore, blistered paws. I pushed... (6283 views)