Puppy vomiting and not eating.

Breed: chawawa & weenie dog
my do seems to be sick she will not really eat and she has lost most of her energy and occasionaly will try to throw up but she has noting that comes up because she has not eaten anything i hope that i can get help soon unfortanitlly i do not have a cc so that i can pay for a faster responce or a vet visit anything you can do will help. Thank you very much

I'm sorry to hear that little Lily is not feeling well. I get concerned when a puppy doesn't want to eat and is vomiting.

Here are some things that can cause a puppy to not eat and vomit:

• A virus such as parvo virus.

• A large number of parasites.

• Eating an object such as a toy or a cloth object.

• Eating something toxic to kidneys or liver.

• Eating a new food or treat (but this shouldn't make her this sick.

If she has not had a complete set of vaccinations then I would be worried about parvo virus. Unfortunately this virus is very serious and usually needs to be treated with a hospital stay for several days.

It really sounds like your dog needs to be seen by a vet as soon as possible. Puppies don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration.

Until you can get her there you can try offering her small amounts of an electrolyte solution or unsweetened pedialyte every few hours.

I wish I could give you more advice but it sounds like she is going to need to see the vet.

Red sores in front of cat's ear. Hi Dr. Haynes Thank you for offering this service and reviewing my question. My... (56941 views)

White tongue in a kitten. Kitten 6weeks old looks like a 4 week old. Sootie has a white tongue? Is it... (17587 views)

Ovarian remnant Hi, We have a spayed cat that has been showing signs of being on heat on and off... (10895 views)

Bloody pee in dalmatian. what does it mean when his pee has blood in it? what should i do... (10214 views)

Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor Two years ago, Sheena was diagnosed with neurofibrosarcoma, or peripheral nerve... (13736 views)

Can't walk, dehydrated puppy. My puppy is 3 months old. She was left at home with her dogsitter but was obviously... (16788 views)

Infection in nose and eye. HI, My dog Bear is 10 yr old black Lab. He weighs 110lb he is overweight, but he is... (8804 views)

Vomiting yellow liquid. Maynard has been vomiting up yellowish urine colored liquid a few time in the last... (9427 views)

Dog doesn't drink much and burps. We recently adopted our boxer mix from a vet and she appears to be in very good... (22476 views)

Why did dog die? My dog, Runway, died suddenly early sunday morning, at about 1:00am. I am wondering... (15325 views)