Puppy vomiting and not eating.

Breed: chawawa & weenie dog
my do seems to be sick she will not really eat and she has lost most of her energy and occasionaly will try to throw up but she has noting that comes up because she has not eaten anything i hope that i can get help soon unfortanitlly i do not have a cc so that i can pay for a faster responce or a vet visit anything you can do will help. Thank you very much

I'm sorry to hear that little Lily is not feeling well. I get concerned when a puppy doesn't want to eat and is vomiting.

Here are some things that can cause a puppy to not eat and vomit:

• A virus such as parvo virus.

• A large number of parasites.

• Eating an object such as a toy or a cloth object.

• Eating something toxic to kidneys or liver.

• Eating a new food or treat (but this shouldn't make her this sick.

If she has not had a complete set of vaccinations then I would be worried about parvo virus. Unfortunately this virus is very serious and usually needs to be treated with a hospital stay for several days.

It really sounds like your dog needs to be seen by a vet as soon as possible. Puppies don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration.

Until you can get her there you can try offering her small amounts of an electrolyte solution or unsweetened pedialyte every few hours.

I wish I could give you more advice but it sounds like she is going to need to see the vet.

Scrubbing Bubbles toxic? My Toulouse is a male. I discovered one day that after I would exit the shower &... (20802 views)

Wart on dog's foot. Last Friday I was walking my dog and he suddenly pulled up his front right paw and... (25445 views)

Paralyzed chihuahua My dog is just laying here stiff in the rear but wont move anything but his head. He... (9933 views)

Repeated diarrhea and vomiting. Dr. Marie: Thank you for your input and warning -- this will be a bit lengthy. I... (10808 views)

Reduced appetite in kitten. Hello Dr. Marie, My 6 month old kitten has suddenly started eating less. She... (16464 views)

Crusty spots on hamsters. I recently got three baby dwarf hamsters from a friend. The smallest one Runt had a... (14049 views)

Chihuahua had a seizure. Hi , my daughter's dog is very tiny weighing just 3.8 lbs. Last night he was on my... (24518 views)

Puppy doesn't want to eat. It has been over a week since my Sheltie has lost her appetite. She hardly touches... (9850 views)

In pain after anal gland surgery. my pet just got an anal gland removed and he dosent want to get up to eat. he has... (7898 views)

Flea dirt around nipples? She is a 20 month old seemingly very healthy happy cat. There is a very good chance... (37746 views)