Guinea pig breathing problems.

Breed: Guinea Pig
I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast. The noise stopped but She's still breathing hard. I've tried to give Her water to see if She was dehydrated. What do I do?

Hmm...this is a tough question to answer without seeing your little piggie.

There are a few conditions that can cause breathing problems in Guinea Pigs. Sometimes they can get pneumonia which is quite serious. However, this is not something that is likely to come and go like this.

It is possible that there is a source of pain somewhere. Is Oreo still eating? If not, then a vet visit is a good idea.

Guinea pigs can make a neat squealing noise sometimes when they are happy. Is this possibly what you are hearing?

If she seems like she is quite distressed or if she is not eating or if the problem is continuing then you should take her to see a guinea pig vet.

Getting a second dog. We have allowed Kiba (our dog) to sleep in our room at night as when we first got... (8094 views)

Puppy breathing hard. Tucker is only 8 weeks old, I can't get his needles until this Tues. I think he has... (13834 views)

Thyroid cancer? Hello, about 10 months ago my dog started heavily panting while playing with her... (12087 views)

Regular anal gland expression. Hello, I am trying to get some answers about my puppy's anal gland problem. I... (7793 views)

Helicobacter in ferrets. HI! I read your response regarding the ferret who was not eating, vomiting, lying in... (15300 views)

Scratching ears and shaking head. We just started a road trip and my Isis has started scratching her ears and shaking... (7920 views)

Intranasal vaccine reaction. our kitten seams to have had a reaction to her nasal vacine it had been about four... (8476 views)

Bulldog death. I had American Bulldog. Behr would have been having his 6th birthday on May 24. He... (14984 views)

Health problems. WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD... (8425 views)

Vaccine squirted onto skin. OK... I have a Maltese and yorkie that I was giving their second vaccine 5 in 1, and... (23433 views)