Guinea pig breathing problems.

Breed: Guinea Pig
I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast. The noise stopped but She's still breathing hard. I've tried to give Her water to see if She was dehydrated. What do I do?

Hmm...this is a tough question to answer without seeing your little piggie.

There are a few conditions that can cause breathing problems in Guinea Pigs. Sometimes they can get pneumonia which is quite serious. However, this is not something that is likely to come and go like this.

It is possible that there is a source of pain somewhere. Is Oreo still eating? If not, then a vet visit is a good idea.

Guinea pigs can make a neat squealing noise sometimes when they are happy. Is this possibly what you are hearing?

If she seems like she is quite distressed or if she is not eating or if the problem is continuing then you should take her to see a guinea pig vet.

How often to bathe a dog? I have a black lab that just turned 4. She has relatively short hair, how often... (7899 views)

Paying for megacolon surgery. hello my cat has mega-colon my question is do you know of any place that might be... (7980 views)

Cat is shedding a lot. I have noticed a dramatic increase in the amount of hair Abby loses every time I... (6252 views)

Paralyzed Rottweiler. 10 yr old rottie mix 100 lbs suddenly became unable to move or walk 5 days ago. He... (12646 views)

Dog Won't Eat My dog won't eat at all,but he still drink(not much)..He wanna move but he can't... (23066 views)

Bladder cancer. Our almost 10 year old kitty has had three recurrent bouts of uti or cystitis in the... (5727 views)

Defecating out of her vagina. We found Clara abandoned next to our house a few days ago. Yesterday we found out... (8088 views)

Dog has bone cancer. My dog has been limping for some time now. His toe has been diagnosed with Bone... (10700 views)

Submissive urination. Hey Dr.Marie my dog Mya is 1 year and a half but everytime someone picks her up she... (9764 views)

Itchy dog. This is a follow on of a question past #2740. Choo Choo's itch has continued all... (6597 views)