Guinea pig breathing problems.

Breed: Guinea Pig
I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast. The noise stopped but She's still breathing hard. I've tried to give Her water to see if She was dehydrated. What do I do?

Hmm...this is a tough question to answer without seeing your little piggie.

There are a few conditions that can cause breathing problems in Guinea Pigs. Sometimes they can get pneumonia which is quite serious. However, this is not something that is likely to come and go like this.

It is possible that there is a source of pain somewhere. Is Oreo still eating? If not, then a vet visit is a good idea.

Guinea pigs can make a neat squealing noise sometimes when they are happy. Is this possibly what you are hearing?

If she seems like she is quite distressed or if she is not eating or if the problem is continuing then you should take her to see a guinea pig vet.

Vomiting and diarrhea every two weeks. I adopted my yorkiepoo from a local shelter in 12/2012. From that time until a few... (9315 views)

Treatment for kidney disease. My cat has recently been hospitalized for kidney failure. They have her on fluids... (4026 views)

Pitbull is itchy. I have a 4 year old pitbull/lab mix that has been scratching and biting at herself.... (47188 views)

Cat is despondent. My cat is despondent. I don't think she's sick. I'll try anything to get some life... (5285 views)

Handling newborn kittens. Hello, My cat has recently had kittens. I think they are a day old. She had... (8632 views)

Rest for cruciate tears. Is there any unequivical, clinical evidence of a positive effect of... (9848 views)

Antibiotics for pyometra? my dog has pyometra what are the chances with survival after antibotic injection... (8069 views)

Feline acne? Dr. Marie, About a week ago I noticed a small grayish black nodule on my cat's... (22224 views)

Worn footpads. Hi, Dr. Marie: I'm writing to ask you how to treat sore, blistered paws. I pushed... (5160 views)

Stop puppy from biting. How can I stop my puppy from biting me? I don't want to give her up but she is... (7773 views)