Guinea pig breathing problems.

Breed: Guinea Pig
I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast. The noise stopped but She's still breathing hard. I've tried to give Her water to see if She was dehydrated. What do I do?

Hmm...this is a tough question to answer without seeing your little piggie.

There are a few conditions that can cause breathing problems in Guinea Pigs. Sometimes they can get pneumonia which is quite serious. However, this is not something that is likely to come and go like this.

It is possible that there is a source of pain somewhere. Is Oreo still eating? If not, then a vet visit is a good idea.

Guinea pigs can make a neat squealing noise sometimes when they are happy. Is this possibly what you are hearing?

If she seems like she is quite distressed or if she is not eating or if the problem is continuing then you should take her to see a guinea pig vet.

Wheezing cat. My cat is wheezing. Because he is 15 now I was not suprised. But then it grew worse.... (14580 views)

Sore neck after blood draw. This afternoon, I took my dog for routine labwork and the tech took it from his... (14951 views)

Staffordshire terriers and children. I have two female staffies who are extremely close, but who will nip and snarl at... (7499 views)

Take temperature orally? My dog is recovering from pretty serious surgery. I am supposed to be taking his... (30761 views)

Where can I buy Tramadol? Steve has a degenerative disease.He is doing well.I give him steroids almost every... (52434 views)

Pregnancy test for dogs? How can I tell if my dog is pregnant? She was with a male dog yesterday and I think... (18819 views)

Red bubble in corner of eye. My dog has a red membrane sticking out from the corner of his eye - kind of like a... (22944 views)

Eating grass and vomiting. Bleu has always been a resilient dog with now health problems, but over the last... (19011 views)

Dog ate raisins. My 16lb. 10 month old beagle ate about 20-25 raisins yesterday at approx. 6pm and we... (136696 views)

Chronic cat diarrhea. I had emailed you several times regarding my cat Bandit in December and January.... (6848 views)