Guinea pig breathing problems.

Breed: Guinea Pig
I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast. The noise stopped but She's still breathing hard. I've tried to give Her water to see if She was dehydrated. What do I do?

Hmm...this is a tough question to answer without seeing your little piggie.

There are a few conditions that can cause breathing problems in Guinea Pigs. Sometimes they can get pneumonia which is quite serious. However, this is not something that is likely to come and go like this.

It is possible that there is a source of pain somewhere. Is Oreo still eating? If not, then a vet visit is a good idea.

Guinea pigs can make a neat squealing noise sometimes when they are happy. Is this possibly what you are hearing?

If she seems like she is quite distressed or if she is not eating or if the problem is continuing then you should take her to see a guinea pig vet.

Allergy treatment. I know Memphis has allergies. Within the last month he has started itching his eyes.... (6626 views)

Feline leukemia contagious? I'm feeding a neighbor's cat that has feline leukemia. I have cats of my own. Is it... (7174 views)

Sore chihuahua My dog Chevy has had some strange behavior for some time. For the past year or so he... (6052 views)

Puppy vomiting with blood. my puppy was born on december 18, she was born a normal pup but now she and her... (7222 views)

Bump on cat's ear. Hello, I have found a red bump inside of my cat's ear, it is semi-soft and feels... (19623 views)

Older cat problems. My cat is eating constantly. Every hour or two she cries at me to eat. And she's... (8874 views)

Strange cat behavior. I've looked a bit online and have not quite found everything my cat is doing. I have... (37781 views)

Genetics of lymphoma for Goldens. Its been a tough week. This question is looking hopefully many years down the... (4250 views)

Straining to urinate. I have an 8 year old yellow lab named Chloie. She was diagnosed with hypothyroidism... (3633 views)

Dog died after having diarrhea. My dog Dott is a small Aussie mix, weighing about 28 lbs. She is normally very... (22131 views)