Guinea pig breathing problems.

Breed: Guinea Pig
I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast. The noise stopped but She's still breathing hard. I've tried to give Her water to see if She was dehydrated. What do I do?

Hmm...this is a tough question to answer without seeing your little piggie.

There are a few conditions that can cause breathing problems in Guinea Pigs. Sometimes they can get pneumonia which is quite serious. However, this is not something that is likely to come and go like this.

It is possible that there is a source of pain somewhere. Is Oreo still eating? If not, then a vet visit is a good idea.

Guinea pigs can make a neat squealing noise sometimes when they are happy. Is this possibly what you are hearing?

If she seems like she is quite distressed or if she is not eating or if the problem is continuing then you should take her to see a guinea pig vet.

Should I breed my dog? I would like my dog to have puppies one time before I get her spayed. The puppies... (3541 views)

Dog limping. My dog just started having pain today. We took him on a particularly long walk... (8326 views)

Paraneoplastic syndrome? In 3/2013 after suffering 2 "seizures," Clark was diagnosed with insulinoma from... (4294 views)

Red spots under arms and legs. my dog has red spots under her arms and now on her legs what could it be... (11363 views)

Heart medication questions. My dog’s name is Yoda. He is 16 years old. But for his heart, he is in good... (3391 views)

Chattering jaw. my 2yr old lhasa apso could just be sitting and his jaw starts to shake non-stop for... (7199 views)

How long after flea treatment will my dog stop scratching? We adopted a female german shepherd husky mix. She is about 9 months old and 35... (68781 views)

How much exercise for a puppy? Hi Dr Marie, I'm pleased to report Max is doing well.. changing from Iams to p/d... (6640 views)

Rabies from my dog? my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned... (3617 views)

Red bugs on my dog. my dog has red bugs on him i have no idea what to do PLZ ANSWER THIS I LOVE MY DOG I... (11626 views)