Guinea pig breathing problems.

Breed: Guinea Pig
I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast. The noise stopped but She's still breathing hard. I've tried to give Her water to see if She was dehydrated. What do I do?

Hmm...this is a tough question to answer without seeing your little piggie.

There are a few conditions that can cause breathing problems in Guinea Pigs. Sometimes they can get pneumonia which is quite serious. However, this is not something that is likely to come and go like this.

It is possible that there is a source of pain somewhere. Is Oreo still eating? If not, then a vet visit is a good idea.

Guinea pigs can make a neat squealing noise sometimes when they are happy. Is this possibly what you are hearing?

If she seems like she is quite distressed or if she is not eating or if the problem is continuing then you should take her to see a guinea pig vet.

Flaky skin. Samson has flakey skin that is most obvious on his back toward the tail and under... (14111 views)

Milky urine in guinea pig. One of my guinea pigs urine is milky, this has never happened before. Their diet is... (7700 views)

Can I deworm a nursing female dog? BB is nursing 3 week old pups,can she be wormed while... (31280 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. I have a 8-year-old golden retriever that has been vomiting for the past 36 hours. ... (11493 views)

Wound on cat's leg. Sydney is an indoor/outdoor cat. Last week he got a cut on his front leg. I was... (15096 views)

Dog in heat a long time. i have a 7yr.old boxer who started a heat cycle in march and it is now august....she... (14304 views)

Retrobulbar abscess My 3 year old, female border collie was treated late yesterday for a retrobulbar... (7768 views)

Bruising on neck. My mini dachshund went in for a dental cleaning, which the vet said went as normal.... (7944 views)

Black widow spider bite. Hi, A good friend of mine woke up this morning and found her cat dead in her... (5675 views)

Pink spot on dog. I noticed on my dog about a month ago he had a small pink raised bump on his chest... (16684 views)