Guinea pig breathing problems.

Breed: Guinea Pig
I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast. The noise stopped but She's still breathing hard. I've tried to give Her water to see if She was dehydrated. What do I do?

Hmm...this is a tough question to answer without seeing your little piggie.

There are a few conditions that can cause breathing problems in Guinea Pigs. Sometimes they can get pneumonia which is quite serious. However, this is not something that is likely to come and go like this.

It is possible that there is a source of pain somewhere. Is Oreo still eating? If not, then a vet visit is a good idea.

Guinea pigs can make a neat squealing noise sometimes when they are happy. Is this possibly what you are hearing?

If she seems like she is quite distressed or if she is not eating or if the problem is continuing then you should take her to see a guinea pig vet.

Dog is paralyzed. How are you? I have been reading lots of articles at your site and they help me... (6724 views)

Vulva dermatitis. Good Morning Doctor: My 6 year old Golden(Honey) has an infection around her female... (28362 views)

Relapse of parvo? We recently bought a lab pup that turned up with parvo a few days after bringing it... (25524 views)

Not sure if first shots done. I just bought a 7 week old pomeranian from a local family. They told me he has had... (39749 views)

Sores on dog's nose. Dr. Marie- Our dog has been breaking out in sore/boil/blister type bumps on his... (86050 views)

Liver shunt or MVD Hello Dr. Maria. I have a 6 month old male Dachshund. He went in to get a neuter... (15622 views)

Connection between dandruff and diabetes? My pet has recently been diagnosed with Diabetes. She is on 5 units of insulin 2x... (19409 views)

Jaw cancer? Hello doctor. My question is about my 8-10 year old cat. He has had teeth removed do... (14629 views)

Biopsy? Dr, As you know Max has been having issues with vomiting and soft stools. 9... (10097 views)

deramaxx, Dasuquin and AdvantixIII Is it ok for Casey to be on deramaxx desaquin and k9advantix 2... (9684 views)