Guinea pig breathing problems.

Breed: Guinea Pig
I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast. The noise stopped but She's still breathing hard. I've tried to give Her water to see if She was dehydrated. What do I do?

Hmm...this is a tough question to answer without seeing your little piggie.

There are a few conditions that can cause breathing problems in Guinea Pigs. Sometimes they can get pneumonia which is quite serious. However, this is not something that is likely to come and go like this.

It is possible that there is a source of pain somewhere. Is Oreo still eating? If not, then a vet visit is a good idea.

Guinea pigs can make a neat squealing noise sometimes when they are happy. Is this possibly what you are hearing?

If she seems like she is quite distressed or if she is not eating or if the problem is continuing then you should take her to see a guinea pig vet.

Licking at foot. About 4 years ago we had one front dewclaw removed, after ruby caught it on... (11586 views)

Fontline and Advantix. My I treated my dog with Frontline Plus 2 weeks ago and it's not preventing ticks... (9033 views)

Dog died after surgery. On Saturday evening my daughters 6 month old dog swallowed a needle which got her... (14583 views)

Eyes rolled back in head. About 3 months ago, Bruce's eyes rolled back in his head and become very blood shot.... (47166 views)

Torn nail problem. my dog hooked her nail last saturday and broke the nail off very short and was... (12968 views)

Natural allergy remedies. Options for a dog allergic to grass? Not interested in doing drugs for the rest of... (10762 views)

Large scab on cat's neck Dear Dr. Marie, My cat has a scab on its back, it's L shaped and is uniformly... (14871 views)

Dog is walking funny, I have a 14 year old dog. About a year ago he lost most of his hearing. About 2... (48102 views)

Drinking a lot and collapse. My boxer, Tank, has recently began drinking water excessively and then pees all over... (23505 views)

Drooling and not eating. My female cat, Patches, has been with me since I was young. She has never been to a... (15756 views)