Bottom lip tremor.

Breed: tea cup poodle
my poodle has recently developed a bottom lip tremor. What would cause this?

Hmm..interesting question. There are a few things that could cause a dog to have tremors in her lip.

Does it happen all the time, or just occasionally? If it happens periodically it could be something called a focal seizure. This is a seizure that affects just one part of the body. These are not very common. One possible cause for this is if part of her brain had been injured by a virus such as distemper.

It is also possible that there is some pain in her mouth. Dogs will do all they can to hide dental pain. If you can't tell if there is pain it would be great to have your vet check her out.

Your vet can also have a really good look inside the mouth to see if there is something stuck in there. Common areas to have something stuck are across the roof of the mouth or to have something wrapped around a tooth.

In any case, it is not a normal behavior and it definitely be worthwhile to have your vet check it out.

Hope everything is ok!

Not eating or drinking because lonely? i have a puppy i've had her in the backyard now my sister had an inspection at her... (7741 views)

ECG for heart murmur? Hi, We have an 8 year old european shorthair cat who was recently diagnosed as... (9327 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. My pug has been vomiting over the last few days it started two nights ago I woke up... (34322 views)

Where is dog's vulva? My husband resqued a blue tick in the National Forest that was being chased by 2... (51577 views)

Trouble going to the bathroom. First off i want to say i really wish i could do the paid option so i could for sure... (8172 views)

Kittens died. My 9-10 month old cat had five kittens. No problem delivering. Kittens seemed... (11076 views)

Cat has fleas. My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a... (4971 views)

Scabs on cat's ear and neck. Hi. I adopted a cat and she was doing fine. I noticed that she was loosing hair in... (15994 views)

Snorted out vaccine. Hello Dr. Marie....Rianna had her booster for Bordatella first of October..she has... (9249 views)

Cat died after surgery. my 4yr old cat had a puncture wound to the abdomen. 2 vets evaluated him. Gave him... (8354 views)