Bottom lip tremor.

Breed: tea cup poodle
my poodle has recently developed a bottom lip tremor. What would cause this?

Hmm..interesting question. There are a few things that could cause a dog to have tremors in her lip.

Does it happen all the time, or just occasionally? If it happens periodically it could be something called a focal seizure. This is a seizure that affects just one part of the body. These are not very common. One possible cause for this is if part of her brain had been injured by a virus such as distemper.

It is also possible that there is some pain in her mouth. Dogs will do all they can to hide dental pain. If you can't tell if there is pain it would be great to have your vet check her out.

Your vet can also have a really good look inside the mouth to see if there is something stuck in there. Common areas to have something stuck are across the roof of the mouth or to have something wrapped around a tooth.

In any case, it is not a normal behavior and it definitely be worthwhile to have your vet check it out.

Hope everything is ok!

Aggressive cat My cat attacked me out of the blue today. This is very much out of character for... (25965 views)

Missed vaccines. My dog is approximatley 4 years old and hasnt had any injections since she was... (5998 views)

Palliative care vs. euthanasia? Hello. First let me say that this turned out to be long and probably rambling. ... (12719 views)

Expensive fecal exam. Hello Dr. Marie, My question is about a vet bill that I got yesterday and I... (41909 views)

Seizure and diarrhea. Hi. My dog had a seizure this morning. her legs started shaking but she still had... (31680 views)

Coughing after spay. My cat was spayed 6 days ago. At first she was great.Incision looked great and still... (15323 views)

Still paralyzed after back surgery. We need help and guidance please! We have an active family, 3 boys (13,9,8) and one... (34134 views)

Bald itchy spots on a dog. Hi, I've been noticing my dog is scratching his back regularly on different... (19845 views)

Itchy and meowing. Hi my female cat is 14 she has been very itchy lately she is a indoor cat only she's... (7457 views)

Breed dog on next heat? I am interested in breeding my dog when she comes in to heat. What do I need to... (10057 views)