Bottom lip tremor.

Breed: tea cup poodle
my poodle has recently developed a bottom lip tremor. What would cause this?

Hmm..interesting question. There are a few things that could cause a dog to have tremors in her lip.

Does it happen all the time, or just occasionally? If it happens periodically it could be something called a focal seizure. This is a seizure that affects just one part of the body. These are not very common. One possible cause for this is if part of her brain had been injured by a virus such as distemper.

It is also possible that there is some pain in her mouth. Dogs will do all they can to hide dental pain. If you can't tell if there is pain it would be great to have your vet check her out.

Your vet can also have a really good look inside the mouth to see if there is something stuck in there. Common areas to have something stuck are across the roof of the mouth or to have something wrapped around a tooth.

In any case, it is not a normal behavior and it definitely be worthwhile to have your vet check it out.

Hope everything is ok!

Cat died. Dear Doctor Haynes, I started looking after a stray young tomcat (who I presume... (4672 views)

Tumor in belly. I recently discovered my 13 year old cat has a probably cancerous mass growing in... (4509 views)

Dog won't go downstairs. He is 5 years old, not less than 3 months. My pop up blocker wouldn't let me change... (17891 views)

Straining to urinate. bella acts like she has to urinate all the time. when she squats very little comes... (6935 views)

High ALP in a pug. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 7yr old female Pug. She was getting "pyoderma" every few... (28060 views)

Cat peeing in house. Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too... (5609 views)

Is my dog pregnant? hi i have mated my yorkshire terrier last thursday she mated for 20 minutes and tied... (11624 views)

Sore dachshund My dog Mya has been shaking and is nervous and sensitive around her stomache area. I... (6209 views)

Is this Pemphigus? My cat Loki is a 4 yr old, neutered male. Over the past 2 years he has been getting... (6209 views)

Cat aggressive with dog. Our household has 2 dogs, 2 indoor cats, 3 parakeets and 3 kids :). The cats and... (3648 views)