Bottom lip tremor.

Breed: tea cup poodle
my poodle has recently developed a bottom lip tremor. What would cause this?

Hmm..interesting question. There are a few things that could cause a dog to have tremors in her lip.

Does it happen all the time, or just occasionally? If it happens periodically it could be something called a focal seizure. This is a seizure that affects just one part of the body. These are not very common. One possible cause for this is if part of her brain had been injured by a virus such as distemper.

It is also possible that there is some pain in her mouth. Dogs will do all they can to hide dental pain. If you can't tell if there is pain it would be great to have your vet check her out.

Your vet can also have a really good look inside the mouth to see if there is something stuck in there. Common areas to have something stuck are across the roof of the mouth or to have something wrapped around a tooth.

In any case, it is not a normal behavior and it definitely be worthwhile to have your vet check it out.

Hope everything is ok!

Is clostridium zoonotic? Clostridium Type A has been known to cause sudden death in healthy deer but it has... (9672 views)

Methamphetamine use by dog. "My dog has mental breakdown in which he acts like he is on drugs. he runs in... (17539 views)

Sick after eating Iams ProHealth. My cat has been eating IAMS PROHEALTH and this morning he threw up 4 times and now... (10761 views)

Brittle nails in a dog. My dog's nails seem to be chipping off and bleeding. He's not biting them. What is... (21158 views)

Older dog acting strange. I have had Dakota since he was 3 months old and he will be 12 in January. The... (12380 views)

Did raw food cause death? Hi, Dr. Marie, My sweet Shiva, who has been with me since an 8-wk old pup in 2002,... (8969 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (8394 views)

Breathing heavy. Is this Asthma? I have a question about asthma and heavy breathing General background: Okara... (8657 views)

Coughing dog. Hi, We have talked before. Trixie is 13 years old and has had kidney issues. I... (18778 views)

Dog losing weight. my king charles is losing weight, ive tried al different kinds of wet and dry food... (9179 views)