Bottom lip tremor.

Breed: tea cup poodle
my poodle has recently developed a bottom lip tremor. What would cause this?

Hmm..interesting question. There are a few things that could cause a dog to have tremors in her lip.

Does it happen all the time, or just occasionally? If it happens periodically it could be something called a focal seizure. This is a seizure that affects just one part of the body. These are not very common. One possible cause for this is if part of her brain had been injured by a virus such as distemper.

It is also possible that there is some pain in her mouth. Dogs will do all they can to hide dental pain. If you can't tell if there is pain it would be great to have your vet check her out.

Your vet can also have a really good look inside the mouth to see if there is something stuck in there. Common areas to have something stuck are across the roof of the mouth or to have something wrapped around a tooth.

In any case, it is not a normal behavior and it definitely be worthwhile to have your vet check it out.

Hope everything is ok!

Vet drained cyst. A few months back my dog developed a blocked sweat gland. My former vet basically... (8049 views)

Doesn't like s/d. My dog has bladder stones(a lot) and was put on Hills Prescription diet s/d Canine... (10620 views)

Behavior after having puppies My dog had puppies three weeks ago. She started acting funny and hid underneath the... (14635 views)

Peeing in house and throwing up. My dog has not woke us up to be let ouside since he has been house trained. A... (47111 views)

Male dog lost weight when female in heat. My American Bulldog male always loses weight when our female goes into heat because... (24184 views)

Nature's Deli Chicken Jerky. Has anyone had a problem with Nature’s Deli chicken Jerky Dog Treats (from Denver,... (7503 views)

Pregnancy symptoms in dogs. Hi Dr Marie My 2.5 yr old OES was bred last week with 1 AI and 5 natural ties. This... (15523 views)

Won't eat dog food. Inherited my Mom's 4 year old terrier mix - 14 to 15 pounds - who has always eaten... (7235 views)

Trim ferret's teeth? can you trim your ferrets teeth so that when they bite it wont hurt as much and if... (8718 views)

Brown near cat's vagina. Talia has brown in her fur around her vagina and I wiped it with a baby wipe and it... (18646 views)