Bottom lip tremor.

Breed: tea cup poodle
my poodle has recently developed a bottom lip tremor. What would cause this?

Hmm..interesting question. There are a few things that could cause a dog to have tremors in her lip.

Does it happen all the time, or just occasionally? If it happens periodically it could be something called a focal seizure. This is a seizure that affects just one part of the body. These are not very common. One possible cause for this is if part of her brain had been injured by a virus such as distemper.

It is also possible that there is some pain in her mouth. Dogs will do all they can to hide dental pain. If you can't tell if there is pain it would be great to have your vet check her out.

Your vet can also have a really good look inside the mouth to see if there is something stuck in there. Common areas to have something stuck are across the roof of the mouth or to have something wrapped around a tooth.

In any case, it is not a normal behavior and it definitely be worthwhile to have your vet check it out.

Hope everything is ok!

Vomiting, diarrhea and red eyes. Hi Dr. Marie, My cat Mercy is 6 years old and is an indoor cat (she is deaf). ... (12924 views)

Paying for megacolon surgery. hello my cat has mega-colon my question is do you know of any place that might be... (8416 views)

Vomiting and congested. Got a new kitten Older cat now is throwing up saliva in its mouth and has now... (19806 views)

viscious dogs Killer dogs next door! We live next door to 4 dogs, a female German Shepard, a... (12529 views)

Biting at cysts. I have a 13 yr old cocker who has a lot of fatty cysts, she has had them for several... (8598 views)

Torn nail in cat. My cat snagged her nail on string and the string got stuck in the quick and cut it a... (12321 views)

Pregnant cat is vomiting. My cat got out and didn't come home for about a month. When she got out she was in... (19016 views)

Should I neuter him? My male chihuahua follows my female Lhasa Apso all around the house. The Lhasa does... (6771 views)

Puppy not eating. why isn't my minature pincher puppy not eatting? i tried to feed him myself but he... (8702 views)

Bottom lip tremor. my poodle has recently developed a bottom lip tremor. What would cause... (31090 views)