Bottom lip tremor.

Breed: tea cup poodle
my poodle has recently developed a bottom lip tremor. What would cause this?

Hmm..interesting question. There are a few things that could cause a dog to have tremors in her lip.

Does it happen all the time, or just occasionally? If it happens periodically it could be something called a focal seizure. This is a seizure that affects just one part of the body. These are not very common. One possible cause for this is if part of her brain had been injured by a virus such as distemper.

It is also possible that there is some pain in her mouth. Dogs will do all they can to hide dental pain. If you can't tell if there is pain it would be great to have your vet check her out.

Your vet can also have a really good look inside the mouth to see if there is something stuck in there. Common areas to have something stuck are across the roof of the mouth or to have something wrapped around a tooth.

In any case, it is not a normal behavior and it definitely be worthwhile to have your vet check it out.

Hope everything is ok!

Vomiting undigested food. My cat primarily eats dry food. She frequently vomits undigested food.What can I do... (10725 views)

Puppy walking in circles. Cj ended. Up missing found him at the shelter his ears(normally lay down) are... (11534 views)

Unexplained fever in a dog. Hi Dr. Marie, My pit bull Indy has always been in pretty good health but has... (7251 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea with blood. Our family pet has been vomitting all day and there seemed to be blood in it and... (8664 views)

Feline acne? Dr. Marie, About a week ago I noticed a small grayish black nodule on my cat's... (20756 views)

When to neuter my dog. Hi, I have an 8 month old 63 lb male intact golden retriver. When should I neuter... (6984 views)

congested kitten Hi,i recently took in a stray kitten & a few days ago she started coughing on &... (9519 views)

Kitten won't eat. my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss... (16785 views)

Did I cause my cat's brain injuries? hi ya i was playing with my cat and it scrap me bad so i slapped him on the head he... (15587 views)

Not putting weight on leg. Our cat jumped off the fridge and did something to his back leg. He limps now. When... (10141 views)