Lumps on hips.

Breed: Golden/kab
My dog is five years old female golden/lab. Three weeks ago I noticed two bumps at the end of her hips(both side). I took her to the vet and she put her on antibiotics. cefpodixime proxetill 200 mg. tablets for 10 days, for few days she started feeling better, but after she finished ther medication she was again sick, could not stand in her legs, when she did she was shaking, she has been having fever and she was back in her antibiotics again.
Now everytime she start stretching it hurt. I've been doing some research but I cannot find anything in her condition. The vet also doesn't know what it is.

Please could you help me and give me ideas what could be. My daughters are very sad, they love her dog so much. Also I am very concerned about her.

Please help me......

Sincerely,

Alexandra

I'm really sorry but I don't really know what this could be.

It sounds like some tests are in order. I would likely be doing some blood tests to see if there are signs of infection, some xrays of the area and also a fine needle aspirate of the lumps.

If you'd like to reply I can see if I can help you more, but I'll need more information about her case.

Not eating and tired cat. My kitty is a very playful cat. Runs, jumps and cuddles all day long. He is looking... (50141 views)

White spot on eye. My cat has a greyish white spot on surface of her eye. It is not in the iris nor is... (29761 views)

Quiet after dentistry. Good morning...this may be lengthy...sorry. Despite my cats advanced age of 17,... (5306 views)

Occult blood in urine. Hi Dr. Marie This is in regard to Oreo, I dont know if you recall our situation... (10333 views)

Skinny 19 year old cat. Hi my cat is 19 years old! He is a little skinny but perfectly healthy! I also have... (10602 views)

Mark on dog's nose. Hello! My dog is a Toy Fox Terrier (5 years old). He is a typical hyperactive toy... (4240 views)

Good cat foods. Hi Dr.! I'm currently a new cat owner. I found peachie wandering near the new... (14513 views)

Abscess or Cancer? My 8 year old shih tzu had raptured disks surgery five months ago. He was on wheel... (8540 views)

Possible laryngeal paralysis? Repeat Customer: Hi Dr, I spoke to you last Friday (through email) week... (15767 views)

Bleach for parvo? My great pyrenees mix, which is almost a year was a stray before I got her a little... (18710 views)