Lumps on hips.

Breed: Golden/kab
My dog is five years old female golden/lab. Three weeks ago I noticed two bumps at the end of her hips(both side). I took her to the vet and she put her on antibiotics. cefpodixime proxetill 200 mg. tablets for 10 days, for few days she started feeling better, but after she finished ther medication she was again sick, could not stand in her legs, when she did she was shaking, she has been having fever and she was back in her antibiotics again.
Now everytime she start stretching it hurt. I've been doing some research but I cannot find anything in her condition. The vet also doesn't know what it is.

Please could you help me and give me ideas what could be. My daughters are very sad, they love her dog so much. Also I am very concerned about her.

Please help me......

Sincerely,

Alexandra

I'm really sorry but I don't really know what this could be.

It sounds like some tests are in order. I would likely be doing some blood tests to see if there are signs of infection, some xrays of the area and also a fine needle aspirate of the lumps.

If you'd like to reply I can see if I can help you more, but I'll need more information about her case.

Bumps near mouth and chin. My cat has some bumps near his mouth and they are red and itchy. Do you know what... (16271 views)

Are soy nuts bad for dogs? Are roasted soynuts safe for... (16543 views)

Is parvo contagious? I am sorry to have to ask this for free. I have been unemployed for over a year now.... (8626 views)

Dog has bone cancer. My dog has been limping for some time now. His toe has been diagnosed with Bone... (11023 views)

Blood in urine after bladder surgery Hello again Dr. Marie. My dog had bladder surgery on Monday. To make a long story... (19818 views)

Do dogs have panic attacks? In the past two weeks, Bambi has a kind of panic attack to me. She was panting and... (6987 views)

Pregnant dog has tick disease. my dog is pregnant and she is suffering from tick disease so can i give her... (11099 views)

One small testicle. I have a 25 week old male pup who had 2 normal testicles at 8 weeks old. At about 10... (21564 views)

Can we give benadryl for allergic reaction? My 9 month old boxer puppy has been stung by a bee or bees, we think in his mouth. ... (10239 views)

Questions from a student? I have a grade 6 student doing a research project on Veteranarians. Could she use... (7199 views)