Lumps on hips.

Breed: Golden/kab
My dog is five years old female golden/lab. Three weeks ago I noticed two bumps at the end of her hips(both side). I took her to the vet and she put her on antibiotics. cefpodixime proxetill 200 mg. tablets for 10 days, for few days she started feeling better, but after she finished ther medication she was again sick, could not stand in her legs, when she did she was shaking, she has been having fever and she was back in her antibiotics again.
Now everytime she start stretching it hurt. I've been doing some research but I cannot find anything in her condition. The vet also doesn't know what it is.

Please could you help me and give me ideas what could be. My daughters are very sad, they love her dog so much. Also I am very concerned about her.

Please help me......

Sincerely,

Alexandra

I'm really sorry but I don't really know what this could be.

It sounds like some tests are in order. I would likely be doing some blood tests to see if there are signs of infection, some xrays of the area and also a fine needle aspirate of the lumps.

If you'd like to reply I can see if I can help you more, but I'll need more information about her case.

Severe liver problems. I took Dillinger to vet on Friday, and after a blood test and urine analysis the vet... (7129 views)

Is this a flea problem? My small 3 year old in door cat very recently survived a bout with flea anemia. We... (9739 views)

Should cat have her teeth cleaned? My 13 year old cat recently went for a wellness vet visit at a new vet. The vet... (11713 views)

Did I do the right thing? Hello, I have been grieving because a few days ago I had my cat euthanized. I am... (29532 views)

Vomiting puppy. I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent... (9075 views)

Aggressive cat My cat attacked me out of the blue today. This is very much out of character for... (24240 views)

Yorkie with diarrhea. Hello, I have a yorkshire terrier that 1 year old and weighs 5.5 pounds. He is a... (11577 views)

Dog ate sanitary pad About a month ago my dog got into the trash and chewed up some sanitary napkins. He ... (5948 views)

Lump on Rottweiler's leg. Dear Dr Marie Recently, I notice my dog has a lump or growth(white round bumpy... (14473 views)

Dog has lost her voice. What could cause this? It's come on gradually for about 3 months. When she tries to... (15095 views)