Lumps on hips.

Breed: Golden/kab
My dog is five years old female golden/lab. Three weeks ago I noticed two bumps at the end of her hips(both side). I took her to the vet and she put her on antibiotics. cefpodixime proxetill 200 mg. tablets for 10 days, for few days she started feeling better, but after she finished ther medication she was again sick, could not stand in her legs, when she did she was shaking, she has been having fever and she was back in her antibiotics again.
Now everytime she start stretching it hurt. I've been doing some research but I cannot find anything in her condition. The vet also doesn't know what it is.

Please could you help me and give me ideas what could be. My daughters are very sad, they love her dog so much. Also I am very concerned about her.

Please help me......

Sincerely,

Alexandra

I'm really sorry but I don't really know what this could be.

It sounds like some tests are in order. I would likely be doing some blood tests to see if there are signs of infection, some xrays of the area and also a fine needle aspirate of the lumps.

If you'd like to reply I can see if I can help you more, but I'll need more information about her case.

Coughing and not eating. I recently adopted Bell (female) and Sid (6 month old male from a local animal... (4787 views)

Chin acne in a dog. My 1 year old cane corso keeps getting bumps on his chin similar to acne or zits. I... (11205 views)

Does my cat have asthma? Hello Dr. Marie, My cat is on Clindomycin for an allergy she was determined to... (10710 views)

Pale gums and seizure. Hi, 2 months ago buddy would go outside and if he would run/play hard he would come... (9363 views)

Puppy has diarrhea. i just aquired a 7 month old german shepard/lab mix (already 60 lbs) a week ago and... (15300 views)

Pit bull with rash. My dog has a bumpy red rash on her inner hip area,around her tail and her private... (7476 views)

Why use jugular vein? Why would my vet take blood out of the neck (jugler (?) vein)? In most cases I've... (16037 views)

Too young for euthanasia? Is there an age too young for... (4675 views)

Seizures Max is 14. Four nights ago he had a big seizure that lasted about 60-90 seconds. ... (86083 views)

Rat pees and poops on owner. I have a baby rat that poops and pies on me when she gets out of the... (9357 views)