Lumps on hips.

Breed: Golden/kab
My dog is five years old female golden/lab. Three weeks ago I noticed two bumps at the end of her hips(both side). I took her to the vet and she put her on antibiotics. cefpodixime proxetill 200 mg. tablets for 10 days, for few days she started feeling better, but after she finished ther medication she was again sick, could not stand in her legs, when she did she was shaking, she has been having fever and she was back in her antibiotics again.
Now everytime she start stretching it hurt. I've been doing some research but I cannot find anything in her condition. The vet also doesn't know what it is.

Please could you help me and give me ideas what could be. My daughters are very sad, they love her dog so much. Also I am very concerned about her.

Please help me......

Sincerely,

Alexandra

I'm really sorry but I don't really know what this could be.

It sounds like some tests are in order. I would likely be doing some blood tests to see if there are signs of infection, some xrays of the area and also a fine needle aspirate of the lumps.

If you'd like to reply I can see if I can help you more, but I'll need more information about her case.

Scabby rash on belly and back. My dog has a scabby rash that she has had for about a year. At first it was just on... (18280 views)

Overdose of drontal. My 9 week old kitten had an anti inflammatory injection, her first vaccine and we... (30482 views)

Dog's penis is stuck out of sheath. Hi, Ive noticed my 7 month male yorkie has started to lick himself a lot "down... (101274 views)

Dog ate chicken bones. PLese help me! My 8 year old American Golden just ate cooked chicken bones! What... (136340 views)

Crusty scab on cat. Last week I noticed a bare patch of skin on the back of my cat's neck about the size... (10039 views)

Trouble breathing when drinking cold water. My dog Valentino is 16 years old and many times when he drinks water or he is... (10854 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (11182 views)

IVDD in Basset Hound? Frank has had a very hard stomach for 2.5 days now and he is not drinking much... (37229 views)

My dog vomited. Max just threw up. Probably not serous but wanted to check. 30 min ago he was... (10538 views)

Chin acne in cats. He's been on a cleansing agent and anti-biotic/steroid for 5 of 7 days for his acne... (6472 views)