Drooling and twitching.

Breed: Mini American Eskimo
My 8 week old Mini American Eskimo has been drooling excessively all day. The breeder said it could be from being nervous, and we also took him in the car. He was asleep and began to twitch and shake a lot, and his eyes were also rolling back/twitching and I went over to wake him up but he did not respond until I physically picked him up, and he was very wet under his mouth from drool. Is this normal... for the sleep behaviour and the drooling? Or should I be worried?

Interesting question.

I'll start with the twitching while he was sleeping. This was most likely a dream. If it was a seizure you would find that he would not wake up, even when picked up.

There are lots of different reasons for a dog to drool. Is he eating ok? Drooling can be a sign that he is nauseous.

It's also possible that he ate something that has disagreed with him. If a dog has eaten something that really tastes bad then they can drool for quite a while.

Have you used any over the counter flea control products? If so, some of those can be toxic. Some flea products can cause twitching as well.

If there are more twitching episodes then it is possible that Milo is having seizures. This is really uncommon in a young puppy.

If the symptoms continue then a vet visit is the best idea.

I hope all is well!

Kittens nursing on cat's penis. i"m raising 4 abandoned kittens they are now eating food and I give them kitten... (19330 views)

Home treatment for abscess. My cat had an abscess I didnt know about until it blew 4 days ago. I have cut away... (10803 views)

Strange cat behavior. I've looked a bit online and have not quite found everything my cat is doing. I have... (83158 views)

Diaphragmatic hernia. Our 8-year-old neutered male cat has a history of various health issues:... (8682 views)

Vomiting foam and not eating. Hi, Pumpkin is an eleven year old male cat. He is usually a very good eater. For the... (52210 views)

Roundworm in cats. my kitten has round worm and i can't afford a trip to the vet can you please offer... (7858 views)

Is he really gone? My very elderly dog very sadly had to be put to sleep a few days ago. This was... (34993 views)

Cat is whiney when peeing my 12 yr old cat cherokee had a bladder infection about 2 months ago. i changed the... (9506 views)

Cat has fleas. My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a... (7498 views)

Puppy not gaining weight. my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating... (12247 views)