Peptobismol use in cats

Breed: American short hair
I gave pepto bismol to my cat will it be ok?

I don't recommend giving pepto bismol to a cat. Pepto contains salicylic acid which is aspirin which is toxic to cats.

With that being said, a single small dose is not likely to have caused harm.

If your cat received a large amount of pepto then the two main concerns would be for kidney problems and stomach ulceration. If you see that the cat is vomiting, lethargic, drinking excessively, or just not right then a vet visit is a good idea.

Dr. marie.

When to separate pups? Hello, My pet has just given babies and i need to give those babies for... (6162 views)

Cat won't use litter box. I have a 7 month old female cat, I have had her vet checked and she has no problems.... (7760 views)

53 days pregnant. My daughter got a dachshund from one of her inlaws about three months ago. Shortly... (43519 views)

Lump on cat's abdomen. My cat has a round, hard spot in her stomach. It has a red dot in the center It... (10248 views)

Cat limping and vomiting. Today I noticed that my cat was limping a bit. Later on in the day I noticed that... (14099 views)

Kitten won't get out of litter box. PLEASE HELP...MY RAGDOLL KITTEN 9 WKS OLD WONT GET OUT OF THE LITTERBOX HARDLY AT... (8269 views)

Tumor behind eye. hi dr marie,enjoy your website and read all the dog related problems! my girl... (8129 views)

Dog died after having diarrhea. My dog Dott is a small Aussie mix, weighing about 28 lbs. She is normally very... (22146 views)

Bump in dog's mouth. My dog was taken for a walk her ball went under a car, she retreived her ball... (6386 views)

Do male cats go into heat? Hi, I recived a new male cat and I would like to know if exist a "tablett" or... (6140 views)