Peptobismol use in cats

Breed: American short hair
I gave pepto bismol to my cat will it be ok?

I don't recommend giving pepto bismol to a cat. Pepto contains salicylic acid which is aspirin which is toxic to cats.

With that being said, a single small dose is not likely to have caused harm.

If your cat received a large amount of pepto then the two main concerns would be for kidney problems and stomach ulceration. If you see that the cat is vomiting, lethargic, drinking excessively, or just not right then a vet visit is a good idea.

Dr. marie.

Canine herpes on vulva. Hi there, One of my girls was bred on April 2, natural tie observed. This is her... (13978 views)

Tooth infection. i have an 8 year old pomerian i rescued a few years ago he has real bad teeth right... (3938 views)

Swelling by anus. King is a healthy, non-nutered male dog. He eats well and most people are shocked... (14975 views)

Gradual change of food? Hello, I reside in South Korea and I am the father of 3 cocker spaniels. Recently... (6184 views)

Rat with swollen eyes. my moms friend was watching my albino rat and she left him out side all day and now,... (6843 views)

Bruising on neck. My mini dachshund went in for a dental cleaning, which the vet said went as normal.... (7586 views)

Pancreatic enzymes. How do we handle a situation when we unexpectely temporaryly are without the... (6372 views)

Puppy vomiting at night. My 5 month old lab is crate trained and in his crate almost nightly he has begun to... (36954 views)

Vomiting and bloody stool. We just took a trip, and on the last day away our dog began throwing up. We have... (10624 views)

Low protein and leaking urine. A German Shepherd mix, approximately 4-6 years old, was dropped off and we started... (3741 views)