Peptobismol use in cats

Breed: American short hair
I gave pepto bismol to my cat will it be ok?

I don't recommend giving pepto bismol to a cat. Pepto contains salicylic acid which is aspirin which is toxic to cats.

With that being said, a single small dose is not likely to have caused harm.

If your cat received a large amount of pepto then the two main concerns would be for kidney problems and stomach ulceration. If you see that the cat is vomiting, lethargic, drinking excessively, or just not right then a vet visit is a good idea.

Dr. marie.

Bladder cancer and can't walk. I accidentally closed the window the first time I got directed here so think that I... (9128 views)

Cat losing hair in patches Our cat has started loosing hair in spots. HE is an orange tabby. White spots... (16032 views)

Should I spay my dog? Hello, I have an 8-year old Maltese which is not spayed. It was something we... (9985 views)

Hamster escaping out lid. hello, my hamster has a rody cage but i noticed the other day that he had biten... (6161 views)

Dog is leaking urine. We have a 4yr old female boxer/german shepherd mix who seems to be "leaking" a lot... (8463 views)

Infection after cherry eye surgery? Chewy had successful cherry eye surgery about 3 months ago. Vet has closed. I... (11240 views)

Nutritional supplement for repeated fractures. I have a chihuahua who has broken the same leg three times in the last year. The... (7997 views)

Cat losing hair. I have 4 cats and they are all indoors. I realize that cats can get fleas even when... (59641 views)

Symptoms of Lupus Help! owners have spent $1100 on test and everything comes back normal but Archie is... (8581 views)

Older cat with congestion. First, thank u for your input on my cami that past on previous question.my husband... (3628 views)