Time for euthanasia?

Breed: shi tzu/yorkie
I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and hasn't been for a couple years now. She is completely blind in one eye, almost blind in another eye, almost completely deaf, nose doesn't work right, I have to wake her up to go outside to go potty, if she does wake up on her own to potty she just goes where ever...doesn't go to the door anymore and she has urinated on herself a couple of times, she eats very little and doesn't play at all. I have been contemplating this for awhile and just want some reassurance that I am doing the right thing by putting her down. It is a very hard decision and I would appreciate your input.
Thank you for your time.

I'm so sorry you are having to make this tough decision.

From what you have described I think the time may be nearing.

Here are the criteria that I usually give my clients when they are trying to decide on euthanasia:

-How is the dog's appetite? If it is decreased this can be a sign of pain and suffering.
-Does the dog seem to be enjoying life?
-Are you enjoying having her?

Answering these questions can help us determine when it is time for euthanasia.

Another thing that can help is to ask your vet's opinion.

I know it is hard, but if Pepper is not enjoying life then the kindest thing may be to let her go.

Melanoma in mouth of dog. My dog has melanoma for the second time. She first got it in her mouth about two... (14415 views)

Rat with red tears and increased thirst. I have a pet rat, almost 1. Shes been healthy her whole life, just had this weird... (9282 views)

Dog limping. My dog just started having pain today. We took him on a particularly long walk... (9867 views)

Black spot on side of hamster. My hamster is about 2 years old and has always had a black spot on the right side of... (37240 views)

Cipro problems? When I was on vacation, my dog borded at my vet. My dad visited and gave him a large... (11735 views)

medicine for collapsing trachea We are leaving for a car trip with Skiggy. She has a collapsable larynx and gets... (9265 views)

Yellow liquid at tip of penis. Every once in a while (maybe twice a week) he will have a yellowish white dot of... (18439 views)

Should we euthanize? Hershey was diagnosed with lymphoma today. He has two large swollen nodes under his... (13935 views)

Milk coming out of squirrel's nose. I have an orphaned squirrel that doesn't have his eyes open yet. He has aspirated... (10434 views)

Trifexis overdose. My dog ate 4 tablets of Trifexis today. He seems a little quieter than usual. ... (62748 views)