Time for euthanasia?

Breed: shi tzu/yorkie
I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and hasn't been for a couple years now. She is completely blind in one eye, almost blind in another eye, almost completely deaf, nose doesn't work right, I have to wake her up to go outside to go potty, if she does wake up on her own to potty she just goes where ever...doesn't go to the door anymore and she has urinated on herself a couple of times, she eats very little and doesn't play at all. I have been contemplating this for awhile and just want some reassurance that I am doing the right thing by putting her down. It is a very hard decision and I would appreciate your input.
Thank you for your time.

I'm so sorry you are having to make this tough decision.

From what you have described I think the time may be nearing.

Here are the criteria that I usually give my clients when they are trying to decide on euthanasia:

-How is the dog's appetite? If it is decreased this can be a sign of pain and suffering.
-Does the dog seem to be enjoying life?
-Are you enjoying having her?

Answering these questions can help us determine when it is time for euthanasia.

Another thing that can help is to ask your vet's opinion.

I know it is hard, but if Pepper is not enjoying life then the kindest thing may be to let her go.

Guinea pig not eating. Hello, I have a 3 year old guinea pig who has stopped eating. Last week I... (6368 views)

Cat puffing its hair out. Is there other reasons besides a cat trying to make itself look big for a fight that... (14165 views)

Ear infection. Fred has been miserable. I have tried what i know to do. He has had a ear infection... (6871 views)

Allergic reaction. Harley is having the following symptoms. Shaking head regularly licking... (4631 views)

Euthanize biting dog? My name is Meghan and I am going through a super tough situation and thought maybe... (6246 views)

Are tomatoes bad for cats? Hi, My ragdoll cat loves cherry tomatoes! - he goes mad crazy for the but I am... (37213 views)

Dogs ate chocolate and sugar. I have an 85 pound lab, an 8 pound mini dachshund and a 12 pound mini dachshund. We... (19114 views)

Is my dog pregnant? We think my dog is pregnant.She keeps trying to make little areas for herself and... (4650 views)

Milky urine in guinea pig. One of my guinea pigs urine is milky, this has never happened before. Their diet is... (10183 views)

Red spots My dog has been developed having red spot (lots of round and red spot with hair loss... (34055 views)