Time for euthanasia?

Breed: shi tzu/yorkie
I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and hasn't been for a couple years now. She is completely blind in one eye, almost blind in another eye, almost completely deaf, nose doesn't work right, I have to wake her up to go outside to go potty, if she does wake up on her own to potty she just goes where ever...doesn't go to the door anymore and she has urinated on herself a couple of times, she eats very little and doesn't play at all. I have been contemplating this for awhile and just want some reassurance that I am doing the right thing by putting her down. It is a very hard decision and I would appreciate your input.
Thank you for your time.

I'm so sorry you are having to make this tough decision.

From what you have described I think the time may be nearing.

Here are the criteria that I usually give my clients when they are trying to decide on euthanasia:

-How is the dog's appetite? If it is decreased this can be a sign of pain and suffering.
-Does the dog seem to be enjoying life?
-Are you enjoying having her?

Answering these questions can help us determine when it is time for euthanasia.

Another thing that can help is to ask your vet's opinion.

I know it is hard, but if Pepper is not enjoying life then the kindest thing may be to let her go.

Rubs his nose in vomit. A couple of times in the last few weeks, Atka has gotten sick to his stomach and... (10501 views)

Cat with green patch on skin. first i would like to thank you for your time. When my cat was a kitten i thought... (15410 views)

Problems after enema. Hello. Our 2 year old cat has had two bouts with constipation that required a... (32911 views)

Dog ate fertilizer. Hi Dr. Marie, Jake, a 25 lb Border Collie mix ate a small amount of a grass... (45620 views)

Dog won't walk. my dog has almost stoped walkin and jus crawls around,unless it like to get food of... (14441 views)

Large blister on ear. MY DOG HAS WHAT LOOKS AND FEELS LIKE A LARGE WATER BLISTER ON HIS EAR WHAT COULD IT... (18032 views)

Worms in stool. My dogs stool has a lot of worms in it. My Mom's friends takes care of a lot of... (18172 views)

Itchy dog. Desirae was gave to us,she was dirty and i belive she was kept outside,when we got... (6004 views)

Brown spot on lip of dog. Greetings, I have noticed that my cat has problem with her mouth. On the lower... (11197 views)

Blood in stool. Hi, this is going to be a really long question so my apologies in advance, but we... (10950 views)