Time for euthanasia?

Breed: shi tzu/yorkie
I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and hasn't been for a couple years now. She is completely blind in one eye, almost blind in another eye, almost completely deaf, nose doesn't work right, I have to wake her up to go outside to go potty, if she does wake up on her own to potty she just goes where ever...doesn't go to the door anymore and she has urinated on herself a couple of times, she eats very little and doesn't play at all. I have been contemplating this for awhile and just want some reassurance that I am doing the right thing by putting her down. It is a very hard decision and I would appreciate your input.
Thank you for your time.

I'm so sorry you are having to make this tough decision.

From what you have described I think the time may be nearing.

Here are the criteria that I usually give my clients when they are trying to decide on euthanasia:

-How is the dog's appetite? If it is decreased this can be a sign of pain and suffering.
-Does the dog seem to be enjoying life?
-Are you enjoying having her?

Answering these questions can help us determine when it is time for euthanasia.

Another thing that can help is to ask your vet's opinion.

I know it is hard, but if Pepper is not enjoying life then the kindest thing may be to let her go.

Senior food for 7 year old dog? I have 2 black pugs. One (Mr. P) is 11 years old, and the other (Samson) is 7 years... (6109 views)

Lethargic shih tzu My dog came home from the cottage this weekend and is acting very odd. He walks a... (29823 views)

Vomiting bile. My dog has been throwing up all day, and all though the night. The throw up is... (43119 views)

deramaxx, Dasuquin and AdvantixIII Is it ok for Casey to be on deramaxx desaquin and k9advantix 2... (9805 views)

Dog pooping blood. My dog is pooping blood, but not pooping. Just blood coming out like she is... (16051 views)

Shaking and tucking tail. 3 days ago my dog, who was being taken on a walk in the morning, suddenly started... (198334 views)

Cerenia and buprenorphine My 18 year old cat was given a shot of cerenia and then 12 hours later I gave her... (13466 views)

Blood from bum. Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I... (20390 views)

Are soy nuts bad for dogs? Are roasted soynuts safe for... (19958 views)

Breeding big and small dogs. My little girl--weight 11 lbs-- got possibly impregnated (accicdentally--he broke... (78795 views)