Time for euthanasia?

Breed: shi tzu/yorkie
I am trying to make the decision on putting my dog down. She no long is herself and hasn't been for a couple years now. She is completely blind in one eye, almost blind in another eye, almost completely deaf, nose doesn't work right, I have to wake her up to go outside to go potty, if she does wake up on her own to potty she just goes where ever...doesn't go to the door anymore and she has urinated on herself a couple of times, she eats very little and doesn't play at all. I have been contemplating this for awhile and just want some reassurance that I am doing the right thing by putting her down. It is a very hard decision and I would appreciate your input.
Thank you for your time.

I'm so sorry you are having to make this tough decision.

From what you have described I think the time may be nearing.

Here are the criteria that I usually give my clients when they are trying to decide on euthanasia:

-How is the dog's appetite? If it is decreased this can be a sign of pain and suffering.
-Does the dog seem to be enjoying life?
-Are you enjoying having her?

Answering these questions can help us determine when it is time for euthanasia.

Another thing that can help is to ask your vet's opinion.

I know it is hard, but if Pepper is not enjoying life then the kindest thing may be to let her go.

Vomiting and diarrhea. I have a 4mo old kitten who has had diarrhea 2 days and threw up last night. No... (8276 views)

How to get cat to eat. I have a cat that developed anorexia. She lost so much weight that she developed... (7589 views)

Pale stool and orange urine. Last Saturday night, my dog's stool started looking strange. Pale and very soft,... (9597 views)

Died after grooming. Hi, my puppy recently died and was wondering if you could help me, she had a trip to... (10777 views)

Pit Bull won't eat. My 3 year old Pit Bull/Boxer mix isn't eating as normal. She was a rescued stray... (16026 views)

Chances of getting rabies from my dog? My wife was recently bit by my dog. My dog has battled allergies and likes to lick... (40215 views)

Healthy weight for a puppy. My papipoo recently had a haircut and I was shocked at how skinny he is. What is a... (12611 views)

Peeing on clothes. My old cat seems to be healthy, he eats well, is blind in one eye but that doesn't... (8258 views)

Why do dogs eat grass? I recently moved and walk my dog around the new neighborhood. Two times now he has... (18381 views)

Are tomatoes bad for dogs? I have a question about dogs and tomatoes. I accidentally fed my dog a few(maybe... (555915 views)