Swollen eyelid.

Breed: mix chichuachua
My dog had one lower eyelid swollen inside. I discover this after she had intercourse with another dog three days ago. Do you know what it is and any over the counter drug treatment for it?

Interesting. There really isn't any connection I can make directly between breeding and eye problems.

It is possible that she has scratched the eye? Was there a scuffle with the other dog at all? If the eye is not getting better then a vet visit is a very good idea. A scratched eye can be very serious.

I am wondering if what you are seeing is a cherry eye. This looks like a little bubble that is popping up on the inside corner of the eye. Sometimes these will go back in on their own but sometimes they need surgery in order to be repaired.

An allergic reaction to a bee sting can cause swelling on the eye as well.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine that I could recommend without actually seeing your dog. If the eye is not improved within 24 hours (or if you think something is seriously wrong) then a vet visit will be necessary.

Roundworms and hookworms. How often do you find roundworms /hookworms in dogs is it rare of fairly... (3241 views)

Beagle Pain Syndrome? My 10 year old beagle in November had an ear infection that caused him to develop... (11089 views)

My cat's fur is falling out. My cat's fur is falling out. Patchy and balding. I have 2 cats, the other is... (12566 views)

Possible pyometra. My dog I believe is in heat but this month instead of a thin red color the discharge... (6295 views)

Is this a liver shunt? Hello Dr. Marie, Murphy is 16 months old. For the first 6 months of her life, she... (3290 views)

Found bug in dog's ear. Hello, My name is Karroll I have a 4 year old Chihuahua. Lattly he has been... (7488 views)

Urinating in house. Bella has started urinating in places other than her litter box. She has not been... (3717 views)

Dog can't pee. I was outside today and I looked over at my dog. He bent over to pee but no pee... (13266 views)

Dog biting at tail. My dog Kita is biting her tail down to the skin and Im getting worried because our... (6832 views)

Penis comes out when poops. Our 13 weekd old sprocker spaniel's penis is popping out when he poos. This only... (18548 views)