Swollen eyelid.

Breed: mix chichuachua
My dog had one lower eyelid swollen inside. I discover this after she had intercourse with another dog three days ago. Do you know what it is and any over the counter drug treatment for it?

Interesting. There really isn't any connection I can make directly between breeding and eye problems.

It is possible that she has scratched the eye? Was there a scuffle with the other dog at all? If the eye is not getting better then a vet visit is a very good idea. A scratched eye can be very serious.

I am wondering if what you are seeing is a cherry eye. This looks like a little bubble that is popping up on the inside corner of the eye. Sometimes these will go back in on their own but sometimes they need surgery in order to be repaired.

An allergic reaction to a bee sting can cause swelling on the eye as well.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine that I could recommend without actually seeing your dog. If the eye is not improved within 24 hours (or if you think something is seriously wrong) then a vet visit will be necessary.

Bromonidine (like amitraz) toxicity. MY DOG SWALLOWED SOME BRIMONIDINE TARTRATE OPHTHALMIC 5 ML SHE IS VERY WEAK AND... (14926 views)

Hair loss around eyes. Recently my maltese is loosing hair around his eyes. I have been feeding him the... (15423 views)

Painful erection for dog. Help Dr Marie, My puppy is not neutered and three or four times I have found him... (18543 views)

Why did my kitten die? I came home last night to find my kitten laying dead in her kennel. We rescued her... (12765 views)

Black spot or scab on dog's nose. Hello I noticed a few days ago my beagle has a black bump above his snout, my sister... (43740 views)

Dog has smelly ears. hiya my puppy has a smell coming from his ears its not strong but when you come... (6955 views)

Should we continue with antibiotics? Dear Dr. Marie, I'm writing about my cat who had a skin allergy which started... (7528 views)

Pit bull with rash. My dog has a bumpy red rash on her inner hip area,around her tail and her private... (9004 views)

Cisapride to a cat that is not eating? My cat has mega colon and been on cisapride and lactulose for 2 1/2 years. She has... (10983 views)

Euthanasia question. Sad day! I had to put my beloved Angel to sleep. Still unnerved by what happened. ... (6281 views)