Swollen eyelid.

Breed: mix chichuachua
My dog had one lower eyelid swollen inside. I discover this after she had intercourse with another dog three days ago. Do you know what it is and any over the counter drug treatment for it?

Interesting. There really isn't any connection I can make directly between breeding and eye problems.

It is possible that she has scratched the eye? Was there a scuffle with the other dog at all? If the eye is not getting better then a vet visit is a very good idea. A scratched eye can be very serious.

I am wondering if what you are seeing is a cherry eye. This looks like a little bubble that is popping up on the inside corner of the eye. Sometimes these will go back in on their own but sometimes they need surgery in order to be repaired.

An allergic reaction to a bee sting can cause swelling on the eye as well.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine that I could recommend without actually seeing your dog. If the eye is not improved within 24 hours (or if you think something is seriously wrong) then a vet visit will be necessary.

Cat constantly in heat. Hi, I have a cat, she is little less than 2 years old. She is always in heat like 1... (25588 views)

Itchy mouth in a dog. For quite sometime now she has been experiencing something that is irritating her... (67867 views)

Becoming a veterinary assistant? I want to become a vet assistant. I have enrolled in an online course that teaches... (5039 views)

Drinking a lot and collapse. My boxer, Tank, has recently began drinking water excessively and then pees all over... (22002 views)

Clavamox drops out of fridge. Hey Doc...Sparky was put on Clavamox drops because he has an abscess. The vet... (51822 views)

Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cats. My cat is aged 9. She was recently diagnosed with Pseudomonas aeruginosa which is... (33527 views)

4 year old cat not eating. My 4 year old cat, who normally is a great eater, isn't eating much at all. She... (6646 views)

Male cat nipple problem. My male desexed cat has always had a enlarged nipple. It seems to be getting larger... (19051 views)

Heart disease or cancer? Lazarus is still fighting. I appreciated that you understood my humor on the last... (4847 views)

Cushing's and panting. I saw where you advised a person on dog breathing problems, that is could be... (40522 views)