Swollen eyelid.

Breed: mix chichuachua
My dog had one lower eyelid swollen inside. I discover this after she had intercourse with another dog three days ago. Do you know what it is and any over the counter drug treatment for it?

Interesting. There really isn't any connection I can make directly between breeding and eye problems.

It is possible that she has scratched the eye? Was there a scuffle with the other dog at all? If the eye is not getting better then a vet visit is a very good idea. A scratched eye can be very serious.

I am wondering if what you are seeing is a cherry eye. This looks like a little bubble that is popping up on the inside corner of the eye. Sometimes these will go back in on their own but sometimes they need surgery in order to be repaired.

An allergic reaction to a bee sting can cause swelling on the eye as well.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine that I could recommend without actually seeing your dog. If the eye is not improved within 24 hours (or if you think something is seriously wrong) then a vet visit will be necessary.

Ear infection in labradoodle. Hi Dr. Marie, I have an 8 month old Australian Labradoodle who has had a yeast... (14478 views)

Elderly cat not eating. my cat is elderly, arthritic and diabetic - but very lovely :) she was diagnosed... (4029 views)

Lump on my dog. Hello Dr. Marie, I sincerely hope that this is real, and that if it is and you... (30407 views)

Coughing cat. One of my cats has been hacking a lot the past few days. I have a video I would like... (4470 views)

Connection between dandruff and diabetes? My pet has recently been diagnosed with Diabetes. She is on 5 units of insulin 2x... (12707 views)

How long is FIP contagious? Hi Marie. Here's my situation. Adopted Charlie in August 2010. On March 1, this year... (13568 views)

Dog with FCE Dr. M, We have a 40 pound bulldog terrier mix. Eight days ago he was fighting with... (6501 views)

Itchy ears and bum. My dog keeps scratching at her ears and shakes her head a lot. I clean her ears and... (12773 views)

dead skin on wound My dog has a skin Lesion due to a cage injury. He tried to get out the cage under... (26480 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (8827 views)