Swollen eyelid.

Breed: mix chichuachua
My dog had one lower eyelid swollen inside. I discover this after she had intercourse with another dog three days ago. Do you know what it is and any over the counter drug treatment for it?

Interesting. There really isn't any connection I can make directly between breeding and eye problems.

It is possible that she has scratched the eye? Was there a scuffle with the other dog at all? If the eye is not getting better then a vet visit is a very good idea. A scratched eye can be very serious.

I am wondering if what you are seeing is a cherry eye. This looks like a little bubble that is popping up on the inside corner of the eye. Sometimes these will go back in on their own but sometimes they need surgery in order to be repaired.

An allergic reaction to a bee sting can cause swelling on the eye as well.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine that I could recommend without actually seeing your dog. If the eye is not improved within 24 hours (or if you think something is seriously wrong) then a vet visit will be necessary.

Hip Arthritis. Euthanasia? Hi Myself and my boyfriend have a complicated problem with no good answer. Our 9... (13991 views)

Dog not well after fighting. My dog was in a fight with the neighbors dog last night. When I there Captain was... (5295 views)

Antibiotics for pyometra? my dog has pyometra what are the chances with survival after antibotic injection... (8892 views)

Spots all over body. Hi My staffordshire bull terrier has little spots all over his body almost like... (12796 views)

Swollen foot because of bandage. Hi- My dog recently cut himself and had to get 4 stitches. The day he was to get... (75774 views)

Arthritis in elbow. My 10 year old German Shepherd mix has been limping on her front leg. It has... (15071 views)

Cat's stomach making noises My cat's stomach has been making noises today including gurgling and rumbling. This... (190435 views)

Hypoglycemia and food coming from nose. Walter began sneezing this morning. The sneezing became worse and he was soaked... (6953 views)

Drinking and urinating more. Approx. 6 yrs old or older, part Rodesian Ridgeback, 69 pounds. He was a stray and... (4310 views)

Accidently cut dog's skin i was giving my dog a hair cut with a small pair of sissors and was trimming around... (19512 views)