Swollen eyelid.

Breed: mix chichuachua
My dog had one lower eyelid swollen inside. I discover this after she had intercourse with another dog three days ago. Do you know what it is and any over the counter drug treatment for it?

Need help finding a veterinarian in your area? Click here for Dr. Marie's advice on
finding a good veterinarian near you.

Interesting. There really isn't any connection I can make directly between breeding and eye problems.

It is possible that she has scratched the eye? Was there a scuffle with the other dog at all? If the eye is not getting better then a vet visit is a very good idea. A scratched eye can be very serious.

I am wondering if what you are seeing is a cherry eye. This looks like a little bubble that is popping up on the inside corner of the eye. Sometimes these will go back in on their own but sometimes they need surgery in order to be repaired.

An allergic reaction to a bee sting can cause swelling on the eye as well.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine that I could recommend without actually seeing your dog. If the eye is not improved within 24 hours (or if you think something is seriously wrong) then a vet visit will be necessary.

QUIZ: Is your cat secretly planning to murder you?

Have you tried the Purr Pillow? This is one of Dr. Marie's top recommended pet products for 2016.

Rat with swollen eyes. my moms friend was watching my albino rat and she left him out side all day and now,... (5964 views)

Cat with asthma. My cat sam is 9 yrs old. he weighs about 16 pounds. He has coughing spells about 3... (3866 views)

Itchy dog. whats would be the best flea medication for a my dog?? hes been chewing for months... (6102 views)

Start thryoid medicine? Biscuit has been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (T4 > 7). He has lost 1 pound... (5772 views)

Yorkie having seizures. my dog has fits his back legs go stiff he then starts panting excessively his fur is... (6661 views)

Puppy vaccinations. I have a new puppy. I was given his vaccination record (number of... (2855 views)

Magnesium level of food. I have two cats. Casper has urinary tract issues. He is currently on a .085%... (8102 views)

Blood blisters on a cat My cat has developed what appear to be blood blisters, one just below her nose and... (11181 views)

Urinating in her sleep. my dog has urinated in her sleep 3 times in the past few days the first time she was... (5617 views)

Not eating, losing weight. My cat has lost a lot of weight in the past 3 weeks. She cries for food but then... (6495 views)