Swollen eyelid.

Breed: mix chichuachua
My dog had one lower eyelid swollen inside. I discover this after she had intercourse with another dog three days ago. Do you know what it is and any over the counter drug treatment for it?

Interesting. There really isn't any connection I can make directly between breeding and eye problems.

It is possible that she has scratched the eye? Was there a scuffle with the other dog at all? If the eye is not getting better then a vet visit is a very good idea. A scratched eye can be very serious.

I am wondering if what you are seeing is a cherry eye. This looks like a little bubble that is popping up on the inside corner of the eye. Sometimes these will go back in on their own but sometimes they need surgery in order to be repaired.

An allergic reaction to a bee sting can cause swelling on the eye as well.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine that I could recommend without actually seeing your dog. If the eye is not improved within 24 hours (or if you think something is seriously wrong) then a vet visit will be necessary.

Dropped puppy on head. I have a 5 week old puppy, one of 6, he weighs less than 1 pound. My 2 year old... (27694 views)

URTI in cats. Hi I have got 2 cats, Xena 1,6 years and Nemo, a kitten 12 weeks. When the Nemo... (9992 views)

Cat puffing its hair out. Is there other reasons besides a cat trying to make itself look big for a fight that... (10715 views)

Puppy has runny nose. Heavy clear drool vomited once this morning Oct 29th 2010 7am. Very wet nose no loss... (9171 views)

Boxer bleeding from mouth. Hello my dog has just started bleeding from his mouth its not alot alot but it is... (56767 views)

Bloated abdomen my dog has been severly bloated for five weeks, at first i thought he had just got... (9835 views)

Can't move back legs. My cat could not get up using its back legs. Her front legs were working but she... (24626 views)

Bleach got on dog's skin. Our child picked up some 2% bleach cleaning solution and sprayed it into our dog... (10634 views)

Possible coonhound paralysis? My dogs front right leg went out on him last night. He was on waiting list for ACL... (8273 views)

Restraint of dogs. Hi, I am currently filling out a university application for vet science at the... (6193 views)