Swollen eyelid.

Breed: mix chichuachua
My dog had one lower eyelid swollen inside. I discover this after she had intercourse with another dog three days ago. Do you know what it is and any over the counter drug treatment for it?

Interesting. There really isn't any connection I can make directly between breeding and eye problems.

It is possible that she has scratched the eye? Was there a scuffle with the other dog at all? If the eye is not getting better then a vet visit is a very good idea. A scratched eye can be very serious.

I am wondering if what you are seeing is a cherry eye. This looks like a little bubble that is popping up on the inside corner of the eye. Sometimes these will go back in on their own but sometimes they need surgery in order to be repaired.

An allergic reaction to a bee sting can cause swelling on the eye as well.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine that I could recommend without actually seeing your dog. If the eye is not improved within 24 hours (or if you think something is seriously wrong) then a vet visit will be necessary.

Blood behind dog's ears. I noticed a couple of days ago what looked like mud behind her ears, now it's bloody... (26571 views)

Pregnant cat question. Back in March approx. around the 9th my cat Faith went into heat. During this time... (24718 views)

Lymphangectasia in a dog Hi Dr, Sorry to bother you again. Max's biopsies came back. strong... (6828 views)

Shedding because of diet? My cat lives indoors, and he's got a shedding problem. I was wondering if he is... (7782 views)

Ectopic ureter or pelvic bladder? My dog ziggy is almost a year old. I got him at 6 months. He has a urination... (34230 views)

Lumps on dog's neck. My dog keeps getting small red lumps on his body especially over the back of his... (9476 views)

Lip fold pyoderma. I have suddenly noticed that Blue has an area of bright red, raw skin on both sides... (9140 views)

Leaking anal glands. My dog has anal leakage. I had her glands expressed but she is still leaking. I... (41082 views)

Heavy breathing in dog. My dog seems to be panting and breathing heavily quite often, almost all the time,... (12652 views)

Home cooked diet for dog. I cook Tater ground sirloin, white rice and then mix in some canned no salt green... (3702 views)