Can't walk, dehydrated puppy.

Breed: Mixed breed Chihuahu
My puppy is 3 months old. She was left at home with her dogsitter but was obviously never let out of the kennel. When I went to walk her and the others, she was like limp. She must've not had food or water for days. I gave her water and she drank it. She would later vomit. But I still continued with the water. She would not eat. Now she is barely walking when she must but she wont use her hind legs. Do you think she will be ok, is it just dehydration or is there something more to this?

Oh dear, this does sound serious.

There are a number of things that can cause a puppy to have these symptoms.

Yes, if she had been deprived of food and water she could have these symptoms. But, if she is this sick it may be that the lack of water has caused kidney failure. If this is the case she needs IV fluid therapy by your veterinarian.

There are a number of other possibilities. It is possible that she has a virus such as parvo virus. Usually dogs with this will have diarrhea as well as the vomiting.

It's also possible that she has eaten something toxic to her kidneys such as antifreeze or certain types of plants.

The lack of use of her legs has me concerned. It may just be that she is so weak that her muscles will not support her. But, it could also be that she has suffered an injury to her spine.

In any case, this is a case that needs to see the vet right away.

Do dogs get chicken pox? Hi my dog star has never had skin problems but recently my kids got chicken pox and... (48443 views)

Enlarged lymph nodes on chemo. My furry child was recently diagnosed Lymphoma, cells suggestive of T-cell. I do... (12738 views)

Stopped prednisolone suddenly. Hi Dr. Marie, My 2.5 year old cat, Pebbles, was diagnosed with pretty severe... (20283 views)

Cat died suddenly. Our cat just passed away suddenly last night. She was about 4 years old, and... (9621 views)

Bleach got on dog's skin. Our child picked up some 2% bleach cleaning solution and sprayed it into our dog... (16517 views)

Fleas, pale nose and sick. My cat Ava has lost alomot all of her hair and so much weight i can see her hip... (4999 views)

Painful after grooming. My dog, Codey (6 yr old rescue cockapoo) went to the groomer yesterday to get... (16559 views)

Paralyzed back legs. about a day ago,my dog stop using his bottom part of is body,like she paralyzed,and... (11269 views)

Dog is bleeding. My 13 year old Min Pin has arthritis and is very, very weary. He recently started... (54989 views)

Underweight dog. Dear Dr. Marie, I have three dogs, one of whom, Mushka (mixed breed), has been... (10879 views)