Can't walk, dehydrated puppy.

Breed: Mixed breed Chihuahu
My puppy is 3 months old. She was left at home with her dogsitter but was obviously never let out of the kennel. When I went to walk her and the others, she was like limp. She must've not had food or water for days. I gave her water and she drank it. She would later vomit. But I still continued with the water. She would not eat. Now she is barely walking when she must but she wont use her hind legs. Do you think she will be ok, is it just dehydration or is there something more to this?

Oh dear, this does sound serious.

There are a number of things that can cause a puppy to have these symptoms.

Yes, if she had been deprived of food and water she could have these symptoms. But, if she is this sick it may be that the lack of water has caused kidney failure. If this is the case she needs IV fluid therapy by your veterinarian.

There are a number of other possibilities. It is possible that she has a virus such as parvo virus. Usually dogs with this will have diarrhea as well as the vomiting.

It's also possible that she has eaten something toxic to her kidneys such as antifreeze or certain types of plants.

The lack of use of her legs has me concerned. It may just be that she is so weak that her muscles will not support her. But, it could also be that she has suffered an injury to her spine.

In any case, this is a case that needs to see the vet right away.

Vomiting after allergy injection My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching... (14001 views)

Steroid shot and NSAID? Hi Dr. Marie, Bare with me in my lengthy explanation :) I recently found out... (8523 views)

Can dogs get colds? Lady is currently still at a pet store but she is a sweet puppy and we've had our... (7130 views)

Incontinence and balance issues. We have a dog breed and age unknown is a stray all of a sudden she has started... (15778 views)

Cat with green patch on skin. first i would like to thank you for your time. When my cat was a kitten i thought... (13735 views)

Allergic reaction. Last night my dog went outside and came back in with a red, irritated mouth. ... (54420 views)

Cat has fleas. My poor cat has fleas, he is losing hair and is just miserable. I am looking for a... (4534 views)

Dog in heat. My female min pin seams to be in heat for last week. she has a little blood around... (9347 views)

Itchy hamster. What happens if my hamster is licking itself a lot of scratching itself? Also, what... (19997 views)

Itchy between anus and penis. My dog is licking/scratching a lot in the area between his anus and his penis. It's... (30620 views)