Can't walk, dehydrated puppy.

Breed: Mixed breed Chihuahu
My puppy is 3 months old. She was left at home with her dogsitter but was obviously never let out of the kennel. When I went to walk her and the others, she was like limp. She must've not had food or water for days. I gave her water and she drank it. She would later vomit. But I still continued with the water. She would not eat. Now she is barely walking when she must but she wont use her hind legs. Do you think she will be ok, is it just dehydration or is there something more to this?

Oh dear, this does sound serious.

There are a number of things that can cause a puppy to have these symptoms.

Yes, if she had been deprived of food and water she could have these symptoms. But, if she is this sick it may be that the lack of water has caused kidney failure. If this is the case she needs IV fluid therapy by your veterinarian.

There are a number of other possibilities. It is possible that she has a virus such as parvo virus. Usually dogs with this will have diarrhea as well as the vomiting.

It's also possible that she has eaten something toxic to her kidneys such as antifreeze or certain types of plants.

The lack of use of her legs has me concerned. It may just be that she is so weak that her muscles will not support her. But, it could also be that she has suffered an injury to her spine.

In any case, this is a case that needs to see the vet right away.

Kitten died after anesthetic. Dear Dr. Marie, We are heartbroken. Our 5 MONTH old spyhnx kitten passed away... (7525 views)

Limping kitten my kitten has started losing alot of weight and he is limping. his back left paw is... (9328 views)

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (10822 views)

Clavaseptin and diarrhea. My puppy recently had to spend a night at the vet, we are pretty sure he just ate... (14166 views)

Vomiting and not eating. Buster was throwing up for over two weeks. I had him to an emergency pet hospital,... (21760 views)

Neuter at 8 weeks? We are trying to decide when to get our male kitten spayed. He is around 2 months... (5918 views)

Does cat have cancer? Dear Dr Marie, I am sending this letter in order to ask your advice about the... (12143 views)

Diabetic cat diet. Hi, I am the owner of two siamese cats (female) from same litter - 11.5 years old.... (10937 views)

Liver shunt or exercise induced collapse? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 year old female lab named Harper. Harper loves to play... (5002 views)

Stuck together - pregnant? Please help, my two dogs were stuck together today,I think she's pregnant. I'm... (12761 views)