Cat urinating on bed.

Breed: Domestic
Good Morning

Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His litter box is clean. I have not changed his food or litter at all. We have moved, but have been in the new place for about 2mths now. There was another cat in the home we moved into but she passed just over 2 weeks ago. He never really bothered with the other cat at all. I'm perplexed as to why this would happen all of a sudden. He does not urinate anywhere else. Can you help?

Thanks
Susan

Hi and thanks for your question. I commonly get asked about why a cat would urinate in inappropriate places. Because I get asked this question so frequently, I have written an article that should help you understand why a cat would urinate on the bed.

Please read the article. It could very well be that the passing of your other cat is a source of stress even if they were not good buddies.

I hope that information helps.

Is my hamster dead? My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't... (13898 views)

Aggressive cat My cat attacked me out of the blue today. This is very much out of character for... (22556 views)

Ketoconazole for dogs. How safe is it to give my dog ketoconazole 200 mg tab fur a fungal infection? The... (26233 views)

How to get cat to eat. I have a cat that developed anorexia. She lost so much weight that she developed... (4908 views)

My kitten died. Hi Dr Marie, We came home on Sunday after a night away (less than 24 hours) to... (11299 views)

Rice grain like worms in poop. my dog has rice grain-like worms in her poop. can you tell me what kind they are.... (14270 views)

Dental cleaning extend dog's life? My Pug Chocko has a tooth that feels loose. I think it's his lower central incisor... (5907 views)

Puppy has diarrhea. i just aquired a 7 month old german shepard/lab mix (already 60 lbs) a week ago and... (15945 views)

Possible rabies. Hello, My dog bit me, on my arm, exactly 10 days ago. Today is the 10th day and he... (9124 views)

Diarrhea and not eating. My saluki started with a foul smelling yellow diarrhea. Then she slowly stopped... (4879 views)