Cat urinating on bed.

Breed: Domestic
Good Morning

Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His litter box is clean. I have not changed his food or litter at all. We have moved, but have been in the new place for about 2mths now. There was another cat in the home we moved into but she passed just over 2 weeks ago. He never really bothered with the other cat at all. I'm perplexed as to why this would happen all of a sudden. He does not urinate anywhere else. Can you help?

Thanks
Susan

Hi and thanks for your question. I commonly get asked about why a cat would urinate in inappropriate places. Because I get asked this question so frequently, I have written an article that should help you understand why a cat would urinate on the bed.

Please read the article. It could very well be that the passing of your other cat is a source of stress even if they were not good buddies.

I hope that information helps.

Dog's eye is closed. Hello, My dog was playing with his toy and shaking it around and when he was... (31565 views)

When to do shots? just wanted to know my dog got her parvovirus on 5/01/11 and her leptospirosis on... (7613 views)

Is mammary tumor cancerous? I'm wondering whether to remove a small tumor from my 7 yr old chihuahua/dachshund's... (5085 views)

Abscess on dog's neck. We have been keeping an eye on a hard lump on my boxers upper neck, by ear. It... (38863 views)

Anisocoria in 15 year old cat. Taz is 15 years old. For the past couple weeks I have noticed that her right eye is... (5962 views)

Scrubbing Bubbles toxic? My Toulouse is a male. I discovered one day that after I would exit the shower &... (20354 views)

Small dog ate large dog Trifexis. I gave my 3 dogs trifexis yesterday. My larger dog take the dose for 40.1 to 60... (22246 views)

Lump on dog. Hi Dr Marie, I realize your answer to this may be a best guess... But today I... (11958 views)

Tail fell off. My dog wrapped her tail up in a chain and the other day it fell off. She continues... (9956 views)

Won't eat kidney diet. My cat is 17 years old. She has kidney disease and has been on kidney food (both... (13489 views)