Cat urinating on bed.

Breed: Domestic
Good Morning

Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His litter box is clean. I have not changed his food or litter at all. We have moved, but have been in the new place for about 2mths now. There was another cat in the home we moved into but she passed just over 2 weeks ago. He never really bothered with the other cat at all. I'm perplexed as to why this would happen all of a sudden. He does not urinate anywhere else. Can you help?

Thanks
Susan

Hi and thanks for your question. I commonly get asked about why a cat would urinate in inappropriate places. Because I get asked this question so frequently, I have written an article that should help you understand why a cat would urinate on the bed.

Please read the article. It could very well be that the passing of your other cat is a source of stress even if they were not good buddies.

I hope that information helps.

Black scab on anus Good day Dr. Marie, I read one of your previous questions and answer about a dog... (47210 views)

Puppy not eating. why isn't my minature pincher puppy not eatting? i tried to feed him myself but he... (8942 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My cat seems to be ill. It's been a few days that starts sneezing. Now its... (5458 views)

Guinea Pig Pregnancy info. Hi, i bought a guinea pig from a pet store about a month ago and now, i think shes... (14945 views)

Can I get toxoplasmosis from my dog? I've caught my dog eating stray cat feces in my yard several times. I would then... (37995 views)

Dog pulling hair out of wrist. Well, Looks like there was an infection and he's on zeniquin 100 for 14d now.... (24228 views)

Calicivirus questions My cat has just had all of her teeth removed because of stomatitis. My vet said... (9251 views)

Repeated ear infections. Hi! My dog Opie is a five-and-a-half-year-old, male (neutered) red sable... (12697 views)

Dog eats grapes. Hi. I live in rural Peru and have three dogs. I am writing regarding the oldest who... (6070 views)

UTI in a kitten. Hi there, I have spoken to you in the past, and am looking for a little advice... (11972 views)