Cat urinating on bed.

Breed: Domestic
Good Morning

Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His litter box is clean. I have not changed his food or litter at all. We have moved, but have been in the new place for about 2mths now. There was another cat in the home we moved into but she passed just over 2 weeks ago. He never really bothered with the other cat at all. I'm perplexed as to why this would happen all of a sudden. He does not urinate anywhere else. Can you help?

Thanks
Susan

Hi and thanks for your question. I commonly get asked about why a cat would urinate in inappropriate places. Because I get asked this question so frequently, I have written an article that should help you understand why a cat would urinate on the bed.

Please read the article. It could very well be that the passing of your other cat is a source of stress even if they were not good buddies.

I hope that information helps.

Swollen carpal pad. Dear Dr. Marie: About 5 weeks ago, my wife and I noticed that the carpal pad on our... (28679 views)

Black poop and worms. my dog has worms, and we gave her medicine today but she wont eat anythingg and has... (11479 views)

Only one testicle descended. I have a 7 month old male boxer who has only had one of his testicles drop. Can you... (58511 views)

Accident in bed. Hi Dr. Marie, I am writing to you because Max (who normally sleeps in our bed at... (9583 views)

Tramadol not working. He is on Tramodol 50 mg 3x a day plus 80lbs of Metacam for Arthritis. He was put on... (15193 views)

Laryngeal paralysis. Hi Dr. I have an 11 year old lab that has had breathing problems for some time now.... (19356 views)

Crusty cat nipple. My 8 year old male cats nipple was hard and crusty. I pulled it and it came out and... (66672 views)

Broken leg - not eating. Last night my 7 week old puppy broke her leg , we took her to the emergency pet... (6713 views)

Sending dog to UK. My cats were given Killed Virus 3 year vaccine (Fort Dodge Rabvac 3TF) at 4 months... (7005 views)

Painful defecation. Hello again Dr. Marie I had contacted you just awhile ago about my cat Linus and... (5150 views)