Cat urinating on bed.

Breed: Domestic
Good Morning

Over the past two days my cat has decided to urinate on my bed. His litter box is clean. I have not changed his food or litter at all. We have moved, but have been in the new place for about 2mths now. There was another cat in the home we moved into but she passed just over 2 weeks ago. He never really bothered with the other cat at all. I'm perplexed as to why this would happen all of a sudden. He does not urinate anywhere else. Can you help?

Thanks
Susan

Hi and thanks for your question. I commonly get asked about why a cat would urinate in inappropriate places. Because I get asked this question so frequently, I have written an article that should help you understand why a cat would urinate on the bed.

Please read the article. It could very well be that the passing of your other cat is a source of stress even if they were not good buddies.

I hope that information helps.

Dog diarrhea problems. Hi Dr, This is an update to a previous question. Max is over 10 wks old now... (38569 views)

Seizures and not eating. Earlier in the week Cash had a pee/poop/vomit fest in the house, unusual for him. ... (9006 views)

Repeated diarrhea and vomiting. Dr. Marie: Thank you for your input and warning -- this will be a bit lengthy. I... (12055 views)

Will spay terminate pregnancy? It is a possibility my dog might be pregnant. But my mom wants to get her spayed... (15037 views)

Sick cat. HI. MY cat has been sick for the last two months or so. The last few weeks however,... (11953 views)

Has my cat been poisoned? I think my cat has been poisoned. We found him very unlike himself, just sitting a... (8828 views)

Lump between toes. I have noticed an irregular-shaped, red in colour, bumpy lump on the webbing in... (14548 views)

Dog jealous over owner. My female dog is 2 years old. She's a black lab. She had puppies and my boyfriend... (21885 views)

Did neutering affect dog's bladder? My dog is 10 months old and was neutered 3 weeks ago. He was on antibiotics prior to... (20133 views)

Dog with FCE Dr. M, We have a 40 pound bulldog terrier mix. Eight days ago he was fighting with... (8721 views)