Sore shoulder.

Breed: Maine Coon Cat
My cat just came home yesterday with a mild limp (indoor-outdoor cat)He whines a little when i touch his shoulder blade of the left front leg. He is normally a very tough cat and can take a couple hug leaps. It is not a problem with his paw i think nor his actual leg. im pretty sure it is the shoulder.
He is outside right now he can run but he limps when he walks.

Sorry to hear the Mr.Whiskers is having a problem. By far the most common reason for an outdoor cat to be limping is an infection as a result of a cat bite or scratch. If this is the case you may notice the limp getting worse. Most of the time if there is an infection the cat will need oral antibiotics prescribed by your veterinarian.

It is also possible that he has simply a soft tissue strain (like a pulled muscle). If this is the case then things should improve within 24-48 hours.

From what you have described, a fracture sounds unlikely, but if things are not improving within 24-48 hours then a vet visit will be necessary.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine that is safe to give to cats for pain.

I hope he is ok!

Dog can't pee. I was outside today and I looked over at my dog. He bent over to pee but no pee... (15895 views)

Start vaccines over? i just have had my dog for 3 months, not sure what shots have been given no record,... (4925 views)

Pig ears and diarrhea. Hi, My dog gets occasional diarrhea, like twice a week maybe, I had to take her... (13430 views)

Very sick kitty. just found you, wish we had found you earlier. maybe kitty will still be with us... (4733 views)

Why did my cat die? my 10-year-old cat died today, she had lost weight had yesterday something happened... (11056 views)

Good appetite in blind deaf cat. my cat is over 15 years old she is partially blind and deaf she misses her litterbox... (7449 views)

Dog's stool a little loose. Dr Marie, Examining that bump around Max's nipples it appears to be less solid.... (4293 views)

My dog is pooping blood. What does it mean when a dog poops blood? I woke up this morning and there was... (669760 views)

Eucalyptus for fleas. I was washing my 8week old puppy and pored a large amount of Eucalyptus Oil on him..... (14007 views)

Dog spinning and bothered My dog doesn't have flea's but acts like he is being bothered by something. He... (11563 views)