Sore shoulder.

Breed: Maine Coon Cat
My cat just came home yesterday with a mild limp (indoor-outdoor cat)He whines a little when i touch his shoulder blade of the left front leg. He is normally a very tough cat and can take a couple hug leaps. It is not a problem with his paw i think nor his actual leg. im pretty sure it is the shoulder.
He is outside right now he can run but he limps when he walks.

Sorry to hear the Mr.Whiskers is having a problem. By far the most common reason for an outdoor cat to be limping is an infection as a result of a cat bite or scratch. If this is the case you may notice the limp getting worse. Most of the time if there is an infection the cat will need oral antibiotics prescribed by your veterinarian.

It is also possible that he has simply a soft tissue strain (like a pulled muscle). If this is the case then things should improve within 24-48 hours.

From what you have described, a fracture sounds unlikely, but if things are not improving within 24-48 hours then a vet visit will be necessary.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine that is safe to give to cats for pain.

I hope he is ok!

Mascara for dogs? I have noticed eyelashes on my 11 month old bichon frise and i would love to put... (20096 views)

Dog has horrible breath. How can i stop my dogs horriable breath. like home things that i could do like... (10068 views)

Cat with bone cancer. When I came home on 4th of JUly Toesy (inside cat)was limping and not using front... (12000 views)

Very thirsty kitten. Hi there my 9 week old male kitten has been drinking water non stop from his bowl... (10559 views)

Is my dog in pain? Hi dr, Marie, I'm the one that asked about the papaya leaf for... (4698 views)

Swollen eye. Hello dr. Marie. I have had my male cat since he was 8 weeks old and i adopted him... (11354 views)

Can cats transmit viruses to people hello.. i wanted to ask that my kitten is not vaccinated and she bites and scratches... (6355 views)

IVDD and swimming. My American Bulldog Lucille, age 11 years old, has Type 2 IVDD. She can walk... (5092 views)

Repeated bouts of Giardia. Our 4 month old Boston terrier Gidget was diagnosed with giardia over 6 weeks ago.... (6328 views)

Backward sneezing and drooling. Firstly I am doing this om my iPhone . I can get email but can not send so please... (16296 views)