Sore shoulder.

Breed: Maine Coon Cat
My cat just came home yesterday with a mild limp (indoor-outdoor cat)He whines a little when i touch his shoulder blade of the left front leg. He is normally a very tough cat and can take a couple hug leaps. It is not a problem with his paw i think nor his actual leg. im pretty sure it is the shoulder.
He is outside right now he can run but he limps when he walks.

Sorry to hear the Mr.Whiskers is having a problem. By far the most common reason for an outdoor cat to be limping is an infection as a result of a cat bite or scratch. If this is the case you may notice the limp getting worse. Most of the time if there is an infection the cat will need oral antibiotics prescribed by your veterinarian.

It is also possible that he has simply a soft tissue strain (like a pulled muscle). If this is the case then things should improve within 24-48 hours.

From what you have described, a fracture sounds unlikely, but if things are not improving within 24-48 hours then a vet visit will be necessary.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine that is safe to give to cats for pain.

I hope he is ok!

Dog bite wound. Hello, My dog got bit by a Pit bull on Saturday 9/1. I was not able to take him to... (10953 views)

Patches of fur loss. My dog has small patches of fur coming out & he has a few bald spots around his neck... (9734 views)

Dripping blood. My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign... (25541 views)

Kitten strangled himself. My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not... (10624 views)

congested kitten Hi,i recently took in a stray kitten & a few days ago she started coughing on &... (9948 views)

Recovery from FCE. Our dog was diagnosed with FCE about two months ago, I have been noticing some... (8997 views)

13 year old cat losing weight. I have a 13 yr old male cat that has gradually started to lose weight. He has had... (8372 views)

hamster brain damage from chewing Hi, my 18 month old hamster started to bite her cage several months ago. i have... (12461 views)

Pain in stomatitis after extractions. 9 year old cat has stomatitis. She is NOT FIV positive. She has had all her teeth... (14146 views)

Dog leaking urine when sleeping. My dog is leaking urine when she is sleeping. She pees on the bed or on the couch. ... (114521 views)