Sore shoulder.

Breed: Maine Coon Cat
My cat just came home yesterday with a mild limp (indoor-outdoor cat)He whines a little when i touch his shoulder blade of the left front leg. He is normally a very tough cat and can take a couple hug leaps. It is not a problem with his paw i think nor his actual leg. im pretty sure it is the shoulder.
He is outside right now he can run but he limps when he walks.

Sorry to hear the Mr.Whiskers is having a problem. By far the most common reason for an outdoor cat to be limping is an infection as a result of a cat bite or scratch. If this is the case you may notice the limp getting worse. Most of the time if there is an infection the cat will need oral antibiotics prescribed by your veterinarian.

It is also possible that he has simply a soft tissue strain (like a pulled muscle). If this is the case then things should improve within 24-48 hours.

From what you have described, a fracture sounds unlikely, but if things are not improving within 24-48 hours then a vet visit will be necessary.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine that is safe to give to cats for pain.

I hope he is ok!

Fly bites on dog's ears. My dogs are having problems with fly, on their ears what should I do, to help them. ... (9634 views)

Needs anal glands done again. I just took Chloe to the vet last weekend because she was skooting and her vet... (8413 views)

Bloody diarrhea. Hi Marie its 630 and there is no open vet or petstore/grooming in site =( then i... (50822 views)

Can't move back legs. My cat could not get up using its back legs. Her front legs were working but she... (32003 views)

Bump after fight. My dog got attacked by another dog 4 days ago during a walk. The other dog was on a... (88326 views)

What are these little brown bugs. hi um my puppy named chesley is 6-8 months andi just got her recently i cant remeber... (22359 views)

Why is hamster quiet? what's wrong with my hamster... had her out for half an hour and she just lay on my... (19144 views)

Limping, stiff chihuahua. Hey my chiuahua dog hasn't been himself lately. He walks really stiff and can not... (13964 views)

Flea Allergy Hello Shelby has two to three spots that she has been licking and chewing on by... (12509 views)

Lymphangectasia in a dog Hi Dr, Sorry to bother you again. Max's biopsies came back. strong... (8794 views)