Sore shoulder.

Breed: Maine Coon Cat
My cat just came home yesterday with a mild limp (indoor-outdoor cat)He whines a little when i touch his shoulder blade of the left front leg. He is normally a very tough cat and can take a couple hug leaps. It is not a problem with his paw i think nor his actual leg. im pretty sure it is the shoulder.
He is outside right now he can run but he limps when he walks.

Sorry to hear the Mr.Whiskers is having a problem. By far the most common reason for an outdoor cat to be limping is an infection as a result of a cat bite or scratch. If this is the case you may notice the limp getting worse. Most of the time if there is an infection the cat will need oral antibiotics prescribed by your veterinarian.

It is also possible that he has simply a soft tissue strain (like a pulled muscle). If this is the case then things should improve within 24-48 hours.

From what you have described, a fracture sounds unlikely, but if things are not improving within 24-48 hours then a vet visit will be necessary.

Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine that is safe to give to cats for pain.

I hope he is ok!

Can rabbits carry rabies? I am wondering what the chances of a baby wild rabbit having rabies is. The baby is... (16142 views)

Puppy chewing legs and licking penis Harley chews on himself constantly. He likes his penis, he chews on his legs,... (14325 views)

Young cat died after sneezing. I run a very small rescue. I have about 10 cat cages that I utilize. I had four... (7758 views)

Swollen feet in older cat. My 13 year old female cat has had several odd problems for about 2 months. I have... (17532 views)

Green discharge post whelping. is it normal for my dog to have greenish pee and black clumps after she gave birth?... (19892 views)

Cat abscess not healing. About two weeks ago we took my cat to the vet, he has a abscess near his bottom, the... (11239 views)

Cat died suddenly. Our cat just passed away suddenly last night. She was about 4 years old, and... (9610 views)

Dog toe xray. I took my dog Cooper to the vet last week and he believed he had a bone... (21433 views)

Zodiac safe? Is Zodiac Spot Treatment safe to use on my small dog and... (9359 views)

What kind of food? I need a food recommendation for our two Aussies (one mini 5 yr old male at 32lbs... (6048 views)