Eucalyptus for fleas.

Breed: Bull Arab x Kelpie
I was washing my 8week old puppy and pored a large amount of Eucalyptus Oil on him.. "As I heard it Treats Flees" This morning I woke and there was Gastric all over the Ground, and still has it.. He is now Vommiting too.. I have given him Plenty of water, and he is still eating Dry Bits, now Resting.. Is he poisoned? Is there anything else I can do to help him?

The good news is that Eucalyptus oil is not toxic to dogs. If it is ingested, however, it can cause some significant stomach upset as you have seen. This is usually mild and temporary and you likely don't need to do anything about it. However, if Ceazer is still vomiting after 24 hours or if he seems really unwell then I would have your vet see him.

If he still has some of the oil on him you may be able to get it off by bathing him in Dawn Dish detergent.

There is no natural product that is going to work for fleas. If it was that easy, then we would be recommending it! You can get some good information on how to deal with fleas here:

How to treat fleas.

Dog ate a dead bird. he ate a dead bird today,hes been sick once,he seems fine and hes eating,should i... (30408 views)

Bald spot on maltese. I just noticed a bald spot about the size of 2 half dollars on my Maltese right... (25240 views)

Liver shunt surgery. Recently I found out that the kitten I adopted a few months ago has a Portosystemic... (9459 views)

Peeing in house. I have a 10 year old female cat that has never consistently used the litter box in... (6764 views)

Black spot on side of hamster. My hamster is about 2 years old and has always had a black spot on the right side of... (59221 views)

Introducing kittens. Hi Dr. Marie, My name is Lauren, and I'm from Australia - I hope I haven't woken... (8753 views)

Euthanized dog with megaesophagus. 3 days ago we had to put our dear dog Bailey to sleep:( he was diognosed with... (14584 views)

Bump in dog's mouth. My dog was taken for a walk her ball went under a car, she retreived her ball... (9505 views)

Getting a second guinea pig. So I have a male guinea pig and one of my friends can't keep hers so she is gonna... (10186 views)

Tumor in belly. I recently discovered my 13 year old cat has a probably cancerous mass growing in... (8479 views)