Eucalyptus for fleas.

Breed: Bull Arab x Kelpie
I was washing my 8week old puppy and pored a large amount of Eucalyptus Oil on him.. "As I heard it Treats Flees" This morning I woke and there was Gastric all over the Ground, and still has it.. He is now Vommiting too.. I have given him Plenty of water, and he is still eating Dry Bits, now Resting.. Is he poisoned? Is there anything else I can do to help him?

The good news is that Eucalyptus oil is not toxic to dogs. If it is ingested, however, it can cause some significant stomach upset as you have seen. This is usually mild and temporary and you likely don't need to do anything about it. However, if Ceazer is still vomiting after 24 hours or if he seems really unwell then I would have your vet see him.

If he still has some of the oil on him you may be able to get it off by bathing him in Dawn Dish detergent.

There is no natural product that is going to work for fleas. If it was that easy, then we would be recommending it! You can get some good information on how to deal with fleas here:

How to treat fleas.

Is ginger safe for dogs? I make dog biscuits to sell at craft shows and with xmas coming up sooner than we... (47202 views)

Sensitive at tail base. My cat is 7 years old. She is the only suvivor of her litteer. All of the kittens... (125609 views)

Dog is bleeding. My 13 year old Min Pin has arthritis and is very, very weary. He recently started... (61543 views)

Problems after anesthetic. My cat was put on anesthia for the blood draw, which was not approved by me. This... (26350 views)

Green and black teeth. My Basenji is 14 years old, has green/black teeth in the back. He has started... (16498 views)

Bad euthanasia Hello, I had to have my dog euthanized. After she got her first injection to be... (7691 views)

Lab gets into the garbage. Hi. I have a 75-lb. yellow lab. She was rescued from a breeder when she was a year... (11542 views)

Heart disease or cancer? Lazarus is still fighting. I appreciated that you understood my humor on the last... (6957 views)

Sugar is second ingredient. I ordered dog food online two days ago and just now realized the second ingredient... (6397 views)

Repair hernia now? My pitbull puppy has an umbilical hernia, about the size of a half dollar. She shows... (9735 views)