Eucalyptus for fleas.

Breed: Bull Arab x Kelpie
I was washing my 8week old puppy and pored a large amount of Eucalyptus Oil on him.. "As I heard it Treats Flees" This morning I woke and there was Gastric all over the Ground, and still has it.. He is now Vommiting too.. I have given him Plenty of water, and he is still eating Dry Bits, now Resting.. Is he poisoned? Is there anything else I can do to help him?

The good news is that Eucalyptus oil is not toxic to dogs. If it is ingested, however, it can cause some significant stomach upset as you have seen. This is usually mild and temporary and you likely don't need to do anything about it. However, if Ceazer is still vomiting after 24 hours or if he seems really unwell then I would have your vet see him.

If he still has some of the oil on him you may be able to get it off by bathing him in Dawn Dish detergent.

There is no natural product that is going to work for fleas. If it was that easy, then we would be recommending it! You can get some good information on how to deal with fleas here:

How to treat fleas.

Treat for fleas same day as spay? I just had my puppy spayed. She came home with fleas. How long do I have to wait... (14652 views)

Skin infection is back. Hello Doctor, My dog has had open sores on his ears, neck and back. They start as... (10454 views)

Suddenly jumps up. I have a dauschund and sheltie mix dog. He's about 3 years old. I've had him for 2... (85457 views)

White spot on eye. My cat has a greyish white spot on surface of her eye. It is not in the iris nor is... (53044 views)

Is my dog pregnant? i was woke up this morning mu my female pup crying and yelping. so i found her... (19260 views)

Lumps on mammary glands. Fraya is a rescue we have had for a month. We are not sure of her age, but we think... (29348 views)

Metronidazole and liver disease. My dog was diagnosed with sudden liver failure brought on by Interceptor. He got... (31864 views)

Weakness in back legs and twitching eye. Sophie had had problems with her balance since sunday. Her back legs are weak and... (12743 views)

Occult blood in urine. Hi Dr. Marie This is in regard to Oreo, I dont know if you recall our situation... (13766 views)

Kitten got head caught in door. The kitten got its head caught in the pantry door as it was closing. It seems to... (28097 views)