Painful erection

Breed: Border Collie
My 9 month old dog, Jack, has been getting erections that last up to about 10 minutes. When he gets them his penis is all the way out and it immobilizes him to where he can't even walk. I even ask if he wants a treat and all he can do is lie there and look at me. Sometimes when he does stand up you can see his pelvic muscled tightening like he is tensing his hindquarters. It worries me sometimes....is this normal?

This can be a normal erection. Is Jack neutered? If not, it's time to do so!

If his penis is not going back in after 20 minutes or so then this can be a serious emergency.

Blood in stools. My dog has bright red blood in his stools. He is in good form, jumping around and... (10587 views)

Dog pulling hair out of wrist. Well, Looks like there was an infection and he's on zeniquin 100 for 14d now.... (24232 views)

Strange behavior in cat. Hello. My cat got hit by a car four months ago and had to have his tail... (11473 views)

Big lymph nodes. My dog has swollen lymph nodes for about 15 days now and they are all over his body.... (22024 views)

Muscle atrophy in a cat. Its been two weeks since my 13 yr old cat, Sweety, has been unable to walk and the 4... (24663 views)

Lip fold pyoderma. I have suddenly noticed that Blue has an area of bright red, raw skin on both sides... (11916 views)

Sniffling, sneezing cat. For the past two days our cat has been constantly sniffling and sneezing and has... (57819 views)

Ear swollen like balloon. My dog has a large swelling on her ear that looks like a balloon. She is shaking... (27289 views)

How to get a guinea pig to lose weight Hi Dr. Marie: Recently I took my sow guinea pig Squeaky to have her nails trimmed.... (5355 views)

Recessed vulva I have a customer that claims the dog she bought from me has perivulvar pyoderma. ... (27697 views)