Painful erection

Breed: Border Collie
My 9 month old dog, Jack, has been getting erections that last up to about 10 minutes. When he gets them his penis is all the way out and it immobilizes him to where he can't even walk. I even ask if he wants a treat and all he can do is lie there and look at me. Sometimes when he does stand up you can see his pelvic muscled tightening like he is tensing his hindquarters. It worries me sometimes....is this normal?

This can be a normal erection. Is Jack neutered? If not, it's time to do so!

If his penis is not going back in after 20 minutes or so then this can be a serious emergency.

Trouble urinating. For about a week I have noticed my aging male neutered dog having a hard time... (48805 views)

Peeing on clothes. My old cat seems to be healthy, he eats well, is blind in one eye but that doesn't... (7239 views)

Bad breath in puppy. My two month maltese male puppy has really bad breath, what can I do? I'm worrying... (6197 views)

High liver enzymes. After vomiting, we took him to the vet, thinking it was a sinus or allergy... (13078 views)

Cat died suddenly. Our cat just passed away suddenly last night. She was about 4 years old, and... (11225 views)

Dog's baby teeth not out. Hi Dr Marie, Happy Holidays to you. I have a question. I don't think this is a... (14736 views)

Blood in stool. hi lucky just went poop outside and he did liquidy bright red blood iam not sure... (47306 views)

Why did my dog die? Hi, My dog died recently. She was 11 yr.s 9 mo.s old, about 55-60 lbs.,... (161831 views)

Dog pooping blood. My dog is pooping blood, but not pooping. Just blood coming out like she is... (15615 views)

Puppy walking in circles. Cj ended. Up missing found him at the shelter his ears(normally lay down) are... (14720 views)