Painful erection

Breed: Border Collie
My 9 month old dog, Jack, has been getting erections that last up to about 10 minutes. When he gets them his penis is all the way out and it immobilizes him to where he can't even walk. I even ask if he wants a treat and all he can do is lie there and look at me. Sometimes when he does stand up you can see his pelvic muscled tightening like he is tensing his hindquarters. It worries me sometimes....is this normal?

This can be a normal erection. Is Jack neutered? If not, it's time to do so!

If his penis is not going back in after 20 minutes or so then this can be a serious emergency.

Kitten's eye is sealed shut. My kitten got either calici virus or the herpes virus and it affected one eye. For... (19129 views)

Chaning cat's thyroid medication. Hi, my cat is 13 and 1/2 years old. He was diagnosted hyperthyorid 2 1/2 months ago.... (8507 views)

Something in throat? Husband won't let me take cat to vet..childrens pet. Cat stopped eating a few days... (34704 views)

Yorkie not eating much food. My yorkie-poo rarely eats. He is currently eating instinct. He eats about 1/2 cup... (7359 views)

Senior cat losing weight. Hello, My cat is 11 or 12 years old (he was a rescue kitty I inherited, so I'm... (6299 views)

Sugar is second ingredient. I ordered dog food online two days ago and just now realized the second ingredient... (5273 views)

Heartworm in a puppy? I recently sold an 11 week old pomeranian on January 24, 2010 due to allergies. I... (14052 views)

Cat licking his fur. Good evening, My 4 year old tuxedo cat has always been quite special (he meows... (14420 views)

Cat not eating much. Hi. My cat as some allergy problems since he is allergic to turkey and corn. For the... (12812 views)

Bad breath in dog. My dog is 12 yrs old and has very bad breath. I lost my husband 21/2 yrs ago and I... (18903 views)