Painful erection

Breed: Border Collie
My 9 month old dog, Jack, has been getting erections that last up to about 10 minutes. When he gets them his penis is all the way out and it immobilizes him to where he can't even walk. I even ask if he wants a treat and all he can do is lie there and look at me. Sometimes when he does stand up you can see his pelvic muscled tightening like he is tensing his hindquarters. It worries me sometimes....is this normal?

This can be a normal erection. Is Jack neutered? If not, it's time to do so!

If his penis is not going back in after 20 minutes or so then this can be a serious emergency.

Arthritis medicine for dogs. Zoey recently has been having trouble walking. I think it may be her hips? She does... (6343 views)

Eye out of socket. MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF... (10074 views)

Straining to urinate. bella acts like she has to urinate all the time. when she squats very little comes... (8526 views)

Swollen hip. I am so worried about my dog Holly. I think she may have hip dysplasia. Her hip is... (9953 views)

Chances of getting rabies from my dog? My wife was recently bit by my dog. My dog has battled allergies and likes to lick... (35883 views)

Anal sac problems. When I cane home form work I noticed that my dog was bleeding from her anus. I took... (66487 views)

Howling and very sick. My 13 year old male cat, since yesterday is sick, and I don't know why. Yesterday... (73520 views)

53 days pregnant. My daughter got a dachshund from one of her inlaws about three months ago. Shortly... (48897 views)

Shifting lameness and weight loss. In March, Grayson suddenly started limping on his front left paw. We took him to... (6481 views)

Eyes rolled back in head. About 3 months ago, Bruce's eyes rolled back in his head and become very blood shot.... (42418 views)