Painful erection

Breed: Border Collie
My 9 month old dog, Jack, has been getting erections that last up to about 10 minutes. When he gets them his penis is all the way out and it immobilizes him to where he can't even walk. I even ask if he wants a treat and all he can do is lie there and look at me. Sometimes when he does stand up you can see his pelvic muscled tightening like he is tensing his hindquarters. It worries me sometimes....is this normal?

This can be a normal erection. Is Jack neutered? If not, it's time to do so!

If his penis is not going back in after 20 minutes or so then this can be a serious emergency.

Pug died suddenly. My 8 year old female pug just died. My husband came home from work and she had... (24314 views)

Costco Kirkland flea product Hello We have 2 American Bulldogs. We have been using Frontline for a few years... (13116 views)

Cat with a cold. My cat has a cold, and i was wondering if there is anything i can do at home for her... (17673 views)

Swelling on neck. I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2... (4868 views)

Heart rate for a cat. Dear Dr.Marie I was just wondering THE TRUTH behind what a cats average heart... (11368 views)

Shedding Akita. my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse... (9025 views)

Puppy not eating. why isn't my minature pincher puppy not eatting? i tried to feed him myself but he... (8597 views)

Swelling inside leg. I got my beagle from a beagle rescue, so I don't know too much about her background... (23663 views)

Eye closed in hamster. My hamster has one eye closed all the time. There are no other hamsters living with... (30651 views)

Hill's k/d for bladder stones Nigel developed kidney stones and had surgery to removed them and re-route the... (8709 views)