Painful erection

Breed: Border Collie
My 9 month old dog, Jack, has been getting erections that last up to about 10 minutes. When he gets them his penis is all the way out and it immobilizes him to where he can't even walk. I even ask if he wants a treat and all he can do is lie there and look at me. Sometimes when he does stand up you can see his pelvic muscled tightening like he is tensing his hindquarters. It worries me sometimes....is this normal?

This can be a normal erection. Is Jack neutered? If not, it's time to do so!

If his penis is not going back in after 20 minutes or so then this can be a serious emergency.

Blood from bum. Her butt was bleeding bad (out of the hole), the blood was thick and bright red. I... (16693 views)

Pimples on dog's stomach. Your Question: Edit Question Our dog suddenly got little pimple-like lesions all... (35631 views)

Dog looks thin. I have a 9 1/2 year old Yorkshire Terrier. Recently she has begun to get thin. I... (13357 views)

Dog ate Zoloft. please answer this question, please.. my dog chloe has eaten my anti depressants i... (50057 views)

Sick cat. HI. MY cat has been sick for the last two months or so. The last few weeks however,... (10127 views)

Urinating in the house. I have a 6 y.o. Bichon Frisé who should be house trained by now. In fact, he is... (15231 views)

Puppy biting owners. My Pomeranian puppy is now four months old and last week i gave anti rabies... (10631 views)

Are chicken feces toxic? I've heard that chicken poop is bad for dogs, is this true? if so, what can i do... (83798 views)

Dog died suddenly. Please help me....My dog lucky (6) was found dead at the side of our house the other... (48122 views)

Large lump on back. hi. my dog has a large hump on the top of his back. it doesn't seem to hurt him at... (15691 views)