Kitten with yellow diarrhea.

Breed: unknown
Hi. My neighbor just called me about three days ago and asked if i would help nurse a kitten back to good health. Well my sisters and I have done this before so it was no biggy, so i thought. This kitten was dropped off so we dont know much about it. When i first got it, it had a terrible sounding meow, it had yellow diarrhea, and it doesnt want to eat. I have been trying to feed it warmed evaporated milk but the bottle has to be slightly forced into the mouth and i gently squeeze the bottle so a little bit of milk comes out. It does drink this milk in its mouth but it wants nothing to do with it at all..What can i do to help it? Is there a kinda of Formula i can give it to eat?? Thank You SO much!

Oh, I am sorry that little Chevy is not doing well. There are a few things that could cause the symptoms that you are describing.

First of all, there are better options to feed a kitten than evaporated milk. The best option is to buy a milk replacer.

It is also possible that the kitten has some intestinal parasites. It would be a great idea to have your vet examine a stool sample to determine if there are parasites present. Sometimes yellow diarrhea can be a sign of coccidia which needs prescription medication in order to be treated. It certainly doesn't hurt to treat with an over the counter dewormer as well.

It is also possible that he is fighting a virus.

Kittens don't have a lot of resources to fight dehydration so if things are not improving soon he may need to see the vet for some fluid treatment.

I hope he is feeling better soon!

Vomiting undigested food. I read in a magazine Woman's World about your service to give pet medical advice. My... (19771 views)

Cushings and cataracts. Our Little Jack Russell is 15 years old. He is blind from cataracts. And now the vet... (13710 views)

Dose of interceptor? I have a new puppy... he's 8 weeks old and weighs 4.6 lbs. I live in Florida which... (11850 views)

Cat fell off balcony. i was gone out of town for a couple of days and i live in the first floor up, i... (19303 views)

Shaking cat. My cat, Misty will be 14 in Aug. The only problems she’s had until recently have... (10942 views)

Sick kitten We recently found this kitten last week outside, when we found him we estimated that... (9027 views)

Oozing boil on dog's paw. My dog has a sort of woozing boil on her paw and all around it there is hair loss... (12558 views)

Young dog with loose stool. I fed my dog PURINA and switched quickly to ORIJEN 6 FISH. Dogs stool became... (12550 views)

Iverheart Plus and Max. i have been giving my dog Heartgard Plus for heartworm prevention; i recently... (27837 views)

Cat with renal lymphoma. I have a 7 year old female cat who, over the course of the past six months,... (9956 views)