Kitten with yellow diarrhea.

Breed: unknown
Hi. My neighbor just called me about three days ago and asked if i would help nurse a kitten back to good health. Well my sisters and I have done this before so it was no biggy, so i thought. This kitten was dropped off so we dont know much about it. When i first got it, it had a terrible sounding meow, it had yellow diarrhea, and it doesnt want to eat. I have been trying to feed it warmed evaporated milk but the bottle has to be slightly forced into the mouth and i gently squeeze the bottle so a little bit of milk comes out. It does drink this milk in its mouth but it wants nothing to do with it at all..What can i do to help it? Is there a kinda of Formula i can give it to eat?? Thank You SO much!

Oh, I am sorry that little Chevy is not doing well. There are a few things that could cause the symptoms that you are describing.

First of all, there are better options to feed a kitten than evaporated milk. The best option is to buy a milk replacer.

It is also possible that the kitten has some intestinal parasites. It would be a great idea to have your vet examine a stool sample to determine if there are parasites present. Sometimes yellow diarrhea can be a sign of coccidia which needs prescription medication in order to be treated. It certainly doesn't hurt to treat with an over the counter dewormer as well.

It is also possible that he is fighting a virus.

Kittens don't have a lot of resources to fight dehydration so if things are not improving soon he may need to see the vet for some fluid treatment.

I hope he is feeling better soon!

Toxoplasmosis questions. 1) My cat is an outdoor cat. I know he is at risk for getting the parasite that... (15128 views)

Swollen ear flap. i have a dog named shiloh and something is wrong with his ear and i just need to... (14341 views)

Bald on belly. My cat is around seven years old and recently started going bald on her stomach.... (13879 views)

Dog bite wound. Hello, My dog got bit by a Pit bull on Saturday 9/1. I was not able to take him to... (15068 views)

Different pupil sizes in older cat. I recently noticed that my cat's irises don't match... one is opened wide, the other... (30795 views)

Lump on neck. My dog has a history of hurting herself in her kennel, and a few days ago I noticed... (21014 views)

Scabs on cat's ears. Our cat has spots on her ears that look like bites or sores. We have had her to the... (10702 views)

Brain tumor or epilepsy? Hi Dr. Marie I have a yellow lab named Sam He experienced seizures twice... (13382 views)

Drooling and not eating. My female cat, Patches, has been with me since I was young. She has never been to a... (17149 views)

Test for Cushings? My dog is breathing rapidly, about 60 times per minute, night and day, but otherwise... (8497 views)