Kitten with yellow diarrhea.

Breed: unknown
Hi. My neighbor just called me about three days ago and asked if i would help nurse a kitten back to good health. Well my sisters and I have done this before so it was no biggy, so i thought. This kitten was dropped off so we dont know much about it. When i first got it, it had a terrible sounding meow, it had yellow diarrhea, and it doesnt want to eat. I have been trying to feed it warmed evaporated milk but the bottle has to be slightly forced into the mouth and i gently squeeze the bottle so a little bit of milk comes out. It does drink this milk in its mouth but it wants nothing to do with it at all..What can i do to help it? Is there a kinda of Formula i can give it to eat?? Thank You SO much!

Oh, I am sorry that little Chevy is not doing well. There are a few things that could cause the symptoms that you are describing.

First of all, there are better options to feed a kitten than evaporated milk. The best option is to buy a milk replacer.

It is also possible that the kitten has some intestinal parasites. It would be a great idea to have your vet examine a stool sample to determine if there are parasites present. Sometimes yellow diarrhea can be a sign of coccidia which needs prescription medication in order to be treated. It certainly doesn't hurt to treat with an over the counter dewormer as well.

It is also possible that he is fighting a virus.

Kittens don't have a lot of resources to fight dehydration so if things are not improving soon he may need to see the vet for some fluid treatment.

I hope he is feeling better soon!

Puppy ich on skin. why does my puppy have white ich on his skin?Is there any cure to it?Is there any... (14592 views)

Kitten had eye removed. My cat went blind in her good eye following removal of a bad eye in which she was... (6638 views)

Rat bleeding from eye. It started about 4-5 weeks ago when I noticed my girl was bleeding from her eye and... (19800 views)

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (11808 views)

Salivating dog. Seizures? My dog started to twist and chew on her tongue and stick it out on her right side... (11685 views)

Tick Borne Disease. I took my dog to the vet on both Friday and Saturday. He has a fever. He has a... (10179 views)

Cat not getting over URTI. Hi, My cat has suffered from flu from approx 8 mths old but these days never seems... (7136 views)

Trouble swallowing. My 6-year-old shepherd developed a major mucus production problem in the last month.... (14179 views)

Rabbit with maggots Our rabbit was not eating and was shaking this morning. We discovered there were... (10360 views)

Reversing neuter surgery. I made a mistake by neutering him, and i really want to breed him and i was... (23085 views)