Kitten with yellow diarrhea.

Breed: unknown
Hi. My neighbor just called me about three days ago and asked if i would help nurse a kitten back to good health. Well my sisters and I have done this before so it was no biggy, so i thought. This kitten was dropped off so we dont know much about it. When i first got it, it had a terrible sounding meow, it had yellow diarrhea, and it doesnt want to eat. I have been trying to feed it warmed evaporated milk but the bottle has to be slightly forced into the mouth and i gently squeeze the bottle so a little bit of milk comes out. It does drink this milk in its mouth but it wants nothing to do with it at all..What can i do to help it? Is there a kinda of Formula i can give it to eat?? Thank You SO much!

Oh, I am sorry that little Chevy is not doing well. There are a few things that could cause the symptoms that you are describing.

First of all, there are better options to feed a kitten than evaporated milk. The best option is to buy a milk replacer.

It is also possible that the kitten has some intestinal parasites. It would be a great idea to have your vet examine a stool sample to determine if there are parasites present. Sometimes yellow diarrhea can be a sign of coccidia which needs prescription medication in order to be treated. It certainly doesn't hurt to treat with an over the counter dewormer as well.

It is also possible that he is fighting a virus.

Kittens don't have a lot of resources to fight dehydration so if things are not improving soon he may need to see the vet for some fluid treatment.

I hope he is feeling better soon!

Vomiting and bloody stool. We just took a trip, and on the last day away our dog began throwing up. We have... (15166 views)

mycoplasma felis respiratory infection Hi. I asked you a question previously about Indigo and I'd really like your... (34499 views)

Flea dirt around nipples? She is a 20 month old seemingly very healthy happy cat. There is a very good chance... (39180 views)

Itchy and meowing. Hi my female cat is 14 she has been very itchy lately she is a indoor cat only she's... (6989 views)

Coughing shih tzu. Louie has always gagged after drinking water, often clear watery mucous comes up. ... (25172 views)

Dog leaking urine when sleeping. My dog is leaking urine when she is sleeping. She pees on the bed or on the couch. ... (121329 views)

Bengal leg weakness. Rebel has had some undiagnosed rear end lameness and weakness intermitantly since... (9282 views)

Dog ate sewing needle. I think my dog has swallowed a sewing needle. What should I... (37423 views)

Rat Lifespan? Sick rat. My 3 yr old rat is sick. His skin feels cold, breathing is rapid and labored, eyes... (10753 views)

Can an older cat be groomed? I have been getting Lily groomed twice a year since she was 1. She is getting older... (4971 views)