Kitten with yellow diarrhea.

Breed: unknown
Hi. My neighbor just called me about three days ago and asked if i would help nurse a kitten back to good health. Well my sisters and I have done this before so it was no biggy, so i thought. This kitten was dropped off so we dont know much about it. When i first got it, it had a terrible sounding meow, it had yellow diarrhea, and it doesnt want to eat. I have been trying to feed it warmed evaporated milk but the bottle has to be slightly forced into the mouth and i gently squeeze the bottle so a little bit of milk comes out. It does drink this milk in its mouth but it wants nothing to do with it at all..What can i do to help it? Is there a kinda of Formula i can give it to eat?? Thank You SO much!

Oh, I am sorry that little Chevy is not doing well. There are a few things that could cause the symptoms that you are describing.

First of all, there are better options to feed a kitten than evaporated milk. The best option is to buy a milk replacer.

It is also possible that the kitten has some intestinal parasites. It would be a great idea to have your vet examine a stool sample to determine if there are parasites present. Sometimes yellow diarrhea can be a sign of coccidia which needs prescription medication in order to be treated. It certainly doesn't hurt to treat with an over the counter dewormer as well.

It is also possible that he is fighting a virus.

Kittens don't have a lot of resources to fight dehydration so if things are not improving soon he may need to see the vet for some fluid treatment.

I hope he is feeling better soon!

Dog having seizures. Hi Dr. Marie, My regular vet left to go on holiday today and after calling the... (16616 views)

Unneutered dog bit child. Hello Dr. Marie, Our 9 year old Border Collie has no history of aggression or... (10560 views)

Vaccine FeLV positive cat? If my cat tested positive for FeLv should he still get vaccine boosters like fvrcp,... (8269 views)

Recipe for skunk odor. My cat got sprayed by a skunk. What do you recomend to get rid of the... (10917 views)

Guinea pig lifespan. Hi! Just wanna know, whats the life span of a guinea... (10757 views)

Coughing puppy. My 3 month old puppy is trying to hack/cough up as if she has something stuck in... (12915 views)

Disinfecting dishes. Hello Marie, I am contacting you again to ask a question about a part of my cat... (12494 views)

Heart murmur. In Emerg, as part of an exam in preparation for sedation, a level 2 heart murmur was... (17880 views)

Hibiscus toxic to dogs? Are Hibiscus flowers poisonous? I caught my pomeranian eating one this morning... (23700 views)

Still has roundworms. My 2-year-old cat, Oliver, has been having a problem with roundworms. He was born... (15441 views)