Eye out of socket.

Breed: basset hound
MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF SOCKET AND LARGE. ITS RED AND SLIGHTLY SWOLLEN, THE DOG SEEMS TO BE FINE, I TOUCHED IT AND HE DOES NOT CRY. THE VET IS CLOSED, WHAT CAN I DO.

Sorry to hear that this happened. This is an urgent situation and your dog needs to see a vet immediately. Hopefully there is an emergency vet in your area.

Your vet will likely anesthetize the dog and attempt to put the eye back in the socket. If there is too much damage they may need to do surgery to remove the eye.

Please don't wait on this. Even though he is not crying in pain, this has to be uncomfortable.

Sensitive at tail base. My cat is 7 years old. She is the only suvivor of her litteer. All of the kittens... (120318 views)

Coughing and sneezing dog. I have a three month old teacup Yorkie. He had a check up last week and got his... (29403 views)

German Shepherd not eating. I have a 13 year old female german shepherd. She is currently taking Proin and... (15073 views)

Cat straining and in pain. Last night, my cat began meowing as if she was about to vomit but was acting as if... (28808 views)

Peach stone or pancreatitis? My dog ate a peach stone. It appeared to give no problems, but two to three weeks... (7614 views)

One small testicle. I have a 25 week old male pup who had 2 normal testicles at 8 weeks old. At about 10... (24418 views)

Is Raid toxic to cats? My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months... (109006 views)

Does dog saliva heal a wound? Is there any truth to the old wive's tale that when your dog instinctlively licks a... (8666 views)

Will neutering stop a dog peeing on things? hi i my dog pisses on everything well getting him fixes stop that thanks... (11051 views)

Cat losing hair on neck and ears. My cat Bella is always throwing up hairballs. I also noticed that she has lost fur... (12201 views)