Eye out of socket.

Breed: basset hound
MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF SOCKET AND LARGE. ITS RED AND SLIGHTLY SWOLLEN, THE DOG SEEMS TO BE FINE, I TOUCHED IT AND HE DOES NOT CRY. THE VET IS CLOSED, WHAT CAN I DO.

Sorry to hear that this happened. This is an urgent situation and your dog needs to see a vet immediately. Hopefully there is an emergency vet in your area.

Your vet will likely anesthetize the dog and attempt to put the eye back in the socket. If there is too much damage they may need to do surgery to remove the eye.

Please don't wait on this. Even though he is not crying in pain, this has to be uncomfortable.

Infection on leg. My dog has been licking his inner thigh to the point where it is very red and there... (18757 views)

Sick after having puppies. I have an important question about my dog. She had puppies 2 weeks ago and suddenly... (9976 views)

Dog pooping and peeing in house. why does my dog poo or pee when i leeve her out in the house at night ??? when i... (8842 views)

Trifexis side effects I just read your article about Trifexis and was very disturbed. We have three... (7121 views)

Garlic or Vinegar for fleas? My little Lady has been to the vet and has received a flea treatment that went... (10544 views)

Alternative to fluid pills. What can be done about getting rid of fluid in my dog other than fluid pills?... (9651 views)

Chronic diarrhea. Hi, My 2 1/2 year old Siberian has had chronic diarrhea for the past 4 weeks.... (12224 views)

Cat is urinating on my bed. Hi Dr Marie, You may not remember me - I'm from Australia, my partner and I email... (7960 views)

Dog licks my nose. Hi, Luci was diagnosed with Lymphoma and also had 3 Mast Cell tumors removed back... (44814 views)

Possible coonhound paralysis? My dogs front right leg went out on him last night. He was on waiting list for ACL... (10478 views)