Eye out of socket.

Breed: basset hound
MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF SOCKET AND LARGE. ITS RED AND SLIGHTLY SWOLLEN, THE DOG SEEMS TO BE FINE, I TOUCHED IT AND HE DOES NOT CRY. THE VET IS CLOSED, WHAT CAN I DO.

Sorry to hear that this happened. This is an urgent situation and your dog needs to see a vet immediately. Hopefully there is an emergency vet in your area.

Your vet will likely anesthetize the dog and attempt to put the eye back in the socket. If there is too much damage they may need to do surgery to remove the eye.

Please don't wait on this. Even though he is not crying in pain, this has to be uncomfortable.

My dog won't eat. Hello i have a male 2 year old pitbull. He is an extremely picky eater when it comes... (10767 views)

Are these lymph nodes? I noticed about 2 days ago my 4yr old cat looked like a chipmunk. I felt around her... (7642 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (29113 views)

Sore pug. The first time we thought something was wrong was when we took him out for his usual... (3988 views)

Weight loss in cat. My cat use to be really overweight. About a year ago he started to get sick a lot... (5668 views)

Kittens have tapeworm. Hello, About 4-5 weeks ago I adopted 2 12 week old kittens. They are littermates... (28198 views)

Dog not urinating after neuter. Hi dr just wondering if you could help me. My 1year old American Akita diesel had... (27568 views)

Cat having back end problems. Hi Dr. Marie, It's Christmas Eve so the vet here is closed. I hope you're able to... (7558 views)

Possible rabies. Hello, My dog bit me, on my arm, exactly 10 days ago. Today is the 10th day and he... (7209 views)

When to do shots? just wanted to know my dog got her parvovirus on 5/01/11 and her leptospirosis on... (5770 views)