Eye out of socket.

Breed: basset hound
MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF SOCKET AND LARGE. ITS RED AND SLIGHTLY SWOLLEN, THE DOG SEEMS TO BE FINE, I TOUCHED IT AND HE DOES NOT CRY. THE VET IS CLOSED, WHAT CAN I DO.

Sorry to hear that this happened. This is an urgent situation and your dog needs to see a vet immediately. Hopefully there is an emergency vet in your area.

Your vet will likely anesthetize the dog and attempt to put the eye back in the socket. If there is too much damage they may need to do surgery to remove the eye.

Please don't wait on this. Even though he is not crying in pain, this has to be uncomfortable.

German Shepherd not eating. I have a 13 year old female german shepherd. She is currently taking Proin and... (16651 views)

Sentry Pro Flea and Tick Shampoo Hi Dr. Marie, Last night around 8 pm I gave my dog a bath with Sentry Pro flea... (29804 views)

Gerbil's head exploded. We have had two gerbils for a couple of years but last night one of there heads... (19475 views)

Infection on leg. My dog has been licking his inner thigh to the point where it is very red and there... (21276 views)

Dog gagging and coughing. My dog is gagging and coughing like there is something stuck in his throat. Does... (252422 views)

Red bumps on belly. My Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has a few red bumps on his belly(mostly around his... (15838 views)

Repair hernia now? My pitbull puppy has an umbilical hernia, about the size of a half dollar. She shows... (9774 views)

Risks of liver biopsy? Good morning Dr. Marie! Remember me? From last month with Oreo's bile acid test... (25220 views)

Dog ate battery fluid. My dog chewed up a AA battery. It doesn't appear that she ingested any pieces of it... (19597 views)

Trouble walking. On Wednesday evening we called our dogs for dinnertime, and our 10 year old Alaskan... (21750 views)