Eye out of socket.

Breed: basset hound
MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF SOCKET AND LARGE. ITS RED AND SLIGHTLY SWOLLEN, THE DOG SEEMS TO BE FINE, I TOUCHED IT AND HE DOES NOT CRY. THE VET IS CLOSED, WHAT CAN I DO.

Sorry to hear that this happened. This is an urgent situation and your dog needs to see a vet immediately. Hopefully there is an emergency vet in your area.

Your vet will likely anesthetize the dog and attempt to put the eye back in the socket. If there is too much damage they may need to do surgery to remove the eye.

Please don't wait on this. Even though he is not crying in pain, this has to be uncomfortable.

Pattern baldness in dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have noticed that over the last few months my dog seems to be... (8412 views)

Swollen vulva. "I have a female Rat Terrier who is 6 months old and I was wondering if its normal... (25575 views)

Black skin patches on dog. My dog started developing patches on his side a few months ago. His hair is falling... (12242 views)

No bowel movement? Hi & thank you for taking my question. I would like to know if it is normal for my... (12188 views)

Does Pet Calm Work? Dr. Marie My Bobbie has serious trembling normally during the evning and night.... (11067 views)

Rat with red tears and increased thirst. I have a pet rat, almost 1. Shes been healthy her whole life, just had this weird... (8111 views)

Bump on ribcage. Hello, I noticed today that the kitten has a hard bone like rounded bump right where... (13654 views)

Lump on hamster near leg. Hi, My hamster has a pink lump on her right side (Near the front right leg) She... (14044 views)

Feline leukemia questions. Hi-Recently we discovered that a stray cat had kittens in our garage. Only 2 in the... (8105 views)

Pregnant cat question. Back in March approx. around the 9th my cat Faith went into heat. During this time... (26590 views)