Eye out of socket.

Breed: basset hound
MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF SOCKET AND LARGE. ITS RED AND SLIGHTLY SWOLLEN, THE DOG SEEMS TO BE FINE, I TOUCHED IT AND HE DOES NOT CRY. THE VET IS CLOSED, WHAT CAN I DO.

Sorry to hear that this happened. This is an urgent situation and your dog needs to see a vet immediately. Hopefully there is an emergency vet in your area.

Your vet will likely anesthetize the dog and attempt to put the eye back in the socket. If there is too much damage they may need to do surgery to remove the eye.

Please don't wait on this. Even though he is not crying in pain, this has to be uncomfortable.

Dog has lost her voice. What could cause this? It's come on gradually for about 3 months. When she tries to... (11410 views)

Spay 7 year old dog? Shadow my "daughter" is 7 years old. She is NOT spayed. Recently, I noticed a... (11148 views)

hamster brain damage from chewing Hi, my 18 month old hamster started to bite her cage several months ago. i have... (10961 views)

Questions about anesthesia Hi my name is Jazmin. I'm currently in college now in vet tech school. i have a... (5050 views)

Sentry Pro Flea and Tick Shampoo Hi Dr. Marie, Last night around 8 pm I gave my dog a bath with Sentry Pro flea... (20734 views)

Swollen foot and death in a dog. I am seeking for an answer what could be the reason my dog can hardly breathe and... (14289 views)

Cat peeing in house. Previously my cat would urinate or defecate on clothes/rugs if the letterbox was too... (5252 views)

My dog eats too fast. My dog eats too fast. He occasionally gags a bit or throws up shortly after eating,... (21058 views)

Cat's foot is swollen. His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been... (5150 views)

Geodon (ziprasidone) ingestion. My morkie may have ate a GEODON pill found on the floor. It was 60 mg. And it is an... (12822 views)