Shedding Akita.

Breed: japenese akita
my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse hair under neath is this normal

This certainly can be normal. Akitas can go through a massive shed where they get rid of old hairs and generate new ones.

The only reasons that would prompt me to take this dog to a vet are:
  • If there was red, itchy skin anywhere

• If the dog was not feeling well

• If the new hair is not growing in properly after a month or so

• If there were any scabs or lesions anywhere

Sneezing and runny eyes. My cat seems to be ill. It's been a few days that starts sneezing. Now its... (5456 views)

Sick, limping puppy. Good Evening I know my puppy needs to go to the vet however the vet will not be... (8931 views)

Breed dog on next heat? I am interested in breeding my dog when she comes in to heat. What do I need to... (9259 views)

Dog ate sanitary pad About a month ago my dog got into the trash and chewed up some sanitary napkins. He ... (6165 views)

Thumping back legs. My cat started throwing up Sunday. Yesterday he started thumping his back feet and... (22169 views)

Coconut milk for dogs. Okay my dog has suffered colitis since he was a pup, numerous vets said his food was... (110871 views)

Vaccines in Nunavut. Hi, We live in the high arctic and don't have access to vet services and thus... (5916 views)

Kitten urinating in house. we adopted a 4 month old kitten 3 weeks ago. yesterday he urinated on my husbands... (6456 views)

Sentry Pro Flea and Tick Shampoo Hi Dr. Marie, Last night around 8 pm I gave my dog a bath with Sentry Pro flea... (25110 views)

Time to put dog to sleep? My dog is very old and has been Very skinny the past month, But yesterday he lost... (7427 views)