Shedding Akita.

Breed: japenese akita
my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse hair under neath is this normal

This certainly can be normal. Akitas can go through a massive shed where they get rid of old hairs and generate new ones.

The only reasons that would prompt me to take this dog to a vet are:
  • If there was red, itchy skin anywhere

• If the dog was not feeling well

• If the new hair is not growing in properly after a month or so

• If there were any scabs or lesions anywhere

Wobbly after ear cleaning. Hi, The last two times Tigger has been to the vet, they noted that she had a mass... (18513 views)

Pale stool and orange urine. Last Saturday night, my dog's stool started looking strange. Pale and very soft,... (7591 views)

Cat can't gain weight. My cat is underweight, I've tried feeding her more but it isn't working... How can I... (16623 views)

Should older dog be spayed? Hi, I have a 10 years old chihuahua, she has no obvious health issues other than... (10832 views)

Dose of interceptor? I have a new puppy... he's 8 weeks old and weighs 4.6 lbs. I live in Florida which... (11607 views)

Can I give hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting? I gave my puppy a tablespoon and a half of hydrogen peroxide to help him throw up... (25442 views)

Trouble breathing and died. my beloved cat mr whippy died recently and i am breaking my heart thinking i could... (9949 views)

Hip dysplasia and arthritis. Hello, My dog Jasmine is about 13 & 1/2 years old. We live in New York City. I... (13039 views)

Dog pooping and peeing in house. why does my dog poo or pee when i leeve her out in the house at night ??? when i... (9184 views)

Cat eating less than normal. My cat Noir hasn't been feeling well for about 5 days now. He is a 3 year old,... (76306 views)