Shedding Akita.

Breed: japenese akita
my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse hair under neath is this normal

This certainly can be normal. Akitas can go through a massive shed where they get rid of old hairs and generate new ones.

The only reasons that would prompt me to take this dog to a vet are:
  • If there was red, itchy skin anywhere

• If the dog was not feeling well

• If the new hair is not growing in properly after a month or so

• If there were any scabs or lesions anywhere

Male cat nipple problem. My male desexed cat has always had a enlarged nipple. It seems to be getting larger... (18940 views)

Howling and very sick. My 13 year old male cat, since yesterday is sick, and I don't know why. Yesterday... (74560 views)

Not eating and vomiting. Since saturday our terrior cross hasn't been eating her food,and drinking alot. We... (7646 views)

Itchy between anus and penis. My dog is licking/scratching a lot in the area between his anus and his penis. It's... (32078 views)

Accidents outside of box. Mt cat is litter box trained and has been since she was around 3 months old. We... (5996 views)

Bumps on bulldog. Dr. Marie, Rocky has been having a series of hives over the past few weeks, which... (16597 views)

Bad breath in dog. My dog is 12 yrs old and has very bad breath. I lost my husband 21/2 yrs ago and I... (17550 views)

4 year old cat not eating. My 4 year old cat, who normally is a great eater, isn't eating much at all. She... (6580 views)

Tresaderm causing seizure? Hi, I have a special-needs 6 year old cat that was born with a neurological... (6510 views)

Sudden death. My 3-yr old robust, healthy male house cat suddenly dropped dead in the middle of... (21176 views)