Shedding Akita.

Breed: japenese akita
my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse hair under neath is this normal

This certainly can be normal. Akitas can go through a massive shed where they get rid of old hairs and generate new ones.

The only reasons that would prompt me to take this dog to a vet are:
  • If there was red, itchy skin anywhere

• If the dog was not feeling well

• If the new hair is not growing in properly after a month or so

• If there were any scabs or lesions anywhere

Allergic reaction. Last night my dog went outside and came back in with a red, irritated mouth. ... (60352 views)

Clumsy,wobbly yorkiepoo. My son put my 11 month old yorkiepoo outside yesterday and he didn't let him back in... (17577 views)

Should I breed my dog? I would like my dog to have puppies one time before I get her spayed. The puppies... (6234 views)

Dripping blood. My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign... (37452 views)

Grunting pitbull I have two pit bulls, one is Maverick (female) and the other is Diezel (male). I... (14984 views)

Aggressive hamster. hello, i got a russian hamster yesterday and in the store and at home he was really... (12669 views)

Tail fell off. My dog wrapped her tail up in a chain and the other day it fell off. She continues... (13384 views)

Does fampridine help with spinal cord trauma? Has there been any success, or even attempt, at treating paralysis in cats using... (14356 views)

Balding on legs and belly. My cat is bald on the back of her legs and losing hair on her belly as... (15254 views)

Why did my cat die? Hi Dr. Marie, I know you are probably overwhelmed but I pray you give me some piece... (16339 views)