Shedding Akita.

Breed: japenese akita
my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse hair under neath is this normal

This certainly can be normal. Akitas can go through a massive shed where they get rid of old hairs and generate new ones.

The only reasons that would prompt me to take this dog to a vet are:
  • If there was red, itchy skin anywhere

• If the dog was not feeling well

• If the new hair is not growing in properly after a month or so

• If there were any scabs or lesions anywhere

Restraint of dogs. Hi, I am currently filling out a university application for vet science at the... (9175 views)

Quiet, sneezing dog. My Choc Lab is acting very listless, sneezing constantly, her nose is cold, is still... (23306 views)

Cat has a sore mouth. My cat does this thing with her mouth as if there's something stuck in her tooth but... (19929 views)

Dog is drooling. My dog is drooling non-stop! It just started this morning after I let him... (21435 views)

Cat with a cold. My cat has a cold, and i was wondering if there is anything i can do at home for her... (19285 views)

Sick after neuter. On March 26, 2012 I took my two dogs and my friend’s dog to get spayed and... (17541 views)

Constipated dog. We have a large, 45kg, dog, mixed breed.He's five and a half years old. He is... (9589 views)

Bloody diarrhea in small dog. I recently purchased a new Maltese puppy. When we brought him home he had some... (17138 views)

Walking on tip toes. my dog got hit with a car about 4 months ago she suffered no broken bones but when... (12558 views)

Brown near cat's vagina. Talia has brown in her fur around her vagina and I wiped it with a baby wipe and it... (20923 views)