Shedding Akita.

Breed: japenese akita
my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse hair under neath is this normal

This certainly can be normal. Akitas can go through a massive shed where they get rid of old hairs and generate new ones.

The only reasons that would prompt me to take this dog to a vet are:
  • If there was red, itchy skin anywhere

• If the dog was not feeling well

• If the new hair is not growing in properly after a month or so

• If there were any scabs or lesions anywhere

Mouth infection in cat. my cat has an infection in his mouth on his bottom lip. i think it is from bitting... (7396 views)

Dog ate mouldy treats. My labs get milkbone treats twice a day...I just noticed they have mold on them.... (9155 views)

Possible laryngeal Parlysis Rex is having breathing difficulties for the last few days primarily while eating or... (7580 views)

Is my dog pregnant? i think my dog is pregnet she has big nipples and she is getting lazy she was in... (4646 views)

White eye discharge in Guinea Pig. i have a guinea pig and she has lost alot of weight and shes not her self, she has... (12377 views)

Puppy walking in circles. Cj ended. Up missing found him at the shelter his ears(normally lay down) are... (12134 views)

Proin for incontinence. Our lab is 4 years old and has had a urinary problem since birth. When he sleeps or... (9054 views)

Enlarged lymph nodes on chemo. My furry child was recently diagnosed Lymphoma, cells suggestive of T-cell. I do... (11710 views)

Dog keeps licking butt. My dog keeps licking her butt. I took her 2 days ago to have her anal glands... (17754 views)

Weak legs on Coton deTulear. Hi! I have an 8 month old Coton de Tulear that I acquired through a very... (6020 views)