Shedding Akita.

Breed: japenese akita
my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse hair under neath is this normal

This certainly can be normal. Akitas can go through a massive shed where they get rid of old hairs and generate new ones.

The only reasons that would prompt me to take this dog to a vet are:
  • If there was red, itchy skin anywhere

• If the dog was not feeling well

• If the new hair is not growing in properly after a month or so

• If there were any scabs or lesions anywhere

Older cat not eating. Hi.I have had my cat for approximately. She has been sick and has lost a lot of... (25886 views)

Itchy hamster. What happens if my hamster is licking itself a lot of scratching itself? Also, what... (23603 views)

Soft yellow stools and weight loss Sorry that this is long, but I want to give ALL details in case it helps. I... (41466 views)

Why did my dog die? Hi, My dog died recently. She was 11 yr.s 9 mo.s old, about 55-60 lbs.,... (160090 views)

Stuffed up cat. I have a male cat named Tuna aged somewhere close to a year and a half. He is a... (12143 views)

Steroid shot and NSAID? Hi Dr. Marie, Bare with me in my lengthy explanation :) I recently found out... (10446 views)

Kitten has bad breath. I am having serious problems because my cat is having very smelly and bad breath... (34453 views)

Dog died at the vet's A couple weeks ago I noticed our dog Gauge was straining to urinate but couldnt. I... (9840 views)

Give half pill of Iverhart? I purchased Iverhart Plus heartworm pills for dogs up to 25 pounds. Since my two... (11203 views)

Dog doesn't like u/d For a dog that has once needed to have surgery to have bladder stones removed do you... (22442 views)