Shedding Akita.

Breed: japenese akita
my akita is 14 months old and is lossing massive clumps of fur. he has new curse hair under neath is this normal

This certainly can be normal. Akitas can go through a massive shed where they get rid of old hairs and generate new ones.

The only reasons that would prompt me to take this dog to a vet are:
  • If there was red, itchy skin anywhere

• If the dog was not feeling well

• If the new hair is not growing in properly after a month or so

• If there were any scabs or lesions anywhere

Cat pawing at mouth My cat has been like this for 2 days now, he looked like he was chokeing at first,... (31804 views)

In pain after spay. Our dog got spayed 2 days ago and she still cries in pain quite a bit. I was... (13525 views)

Can a dog get lice? Can my dog get lice... (7588 views)

How to remove stitches Hi Thanks for the feedback last week. Your advice saved our dogs life. Ok we... (29048 views)

Lump on my dog. Hello Dr. Marie, I sincerely hope that this is real, and that if it is and you... (38254 views)

Sneezing and runny eyes. My cat seems to be ill. It's been a few days that starts sneezing. Now its... (7082 views)

Black lump under cat's eye. Few months ago, there is a small tiny transparent bubble grow under the skin below... (21224 views)

Chihuahua had a seizure. Hi , my daughter's dog is very tiny weighing just 3.8 lbs. Last night he was on my... (29404 views)

How to calm down hyper dog. We adopted Samson a year ago from the local shelter. He has been a great pet, highly... (12969 views)

Cat vomits after eating wet food. My cat has been doing this strange thing, but only after she eats wet food. It... (17089 views)