Licking his penis.

Breed:
my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and licking himself and then going off to the loo again, usually he goes 2 or 3 times a day but not this often, is there anything wrong?

I am always concerned when a male cat wants to visit the litter box and is licking himself.

This is a sign of a pending urethral blockage which is VERY serious.

I know that by the time you have received this message you have likely already been to the vet about Kiwi, but I will post this reply for the benefit of others reading.

If your cat has these symptoms take him to the vet immediately. Sometimes if we treat this early enough we can treat a cat with medications and special food. But if there is a full blockage then this is an emergency that needs surgery and hospitalization and can be fatal.

Dog has split her nail. my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do... (8022 views)

Will neutering help my dog? my dog is constantly licking his genital area, my question is if i get my dog... (9828 views)

Old cat with lump on paw. Our family cat is 13 to 15 years old. within the last two weeks she has lost her... (6905 views)

Vomiting and congested. Got a new kitten Older cat now is throwing up saliva in its mouth and has now... (18704 views)

Atropine? I live in a tiny town in Nicaragua and there is no vet...just a veterinary food and... (6064 views)

Exercise induced collapse. I have a labrador retriever and she is about 4 years old, 60 lbs and she is a girl.... (6276 views)

Draining fluid for heart failure. My dog has Congestive Heart Failure. He is under the care of a veterinarian and... (16350 views)

Bite wound not healing. My dog was attacked on the weekend and had a puncture wound on her left shoulder.... (17610 views)

Kitten diarrhea. my cat is having diarrhea and is growing weak everyday. he's feces have mucus and he... (8961 views)

Vomiting after eating. my pet vomits after eating since 20 days with brownish in color,faeces is loose with... (8085 views)