Licking his penis.

Breed:
my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and licking himself and then going off to the loo again, usually he goes 2 or 3 times a day but not this often, is there anything wrong?

I am always concerned when a male cat wants to visit the litter box and is licking himself.

This is a sign of a pending urethral blockage which is VERY serious.

I know that by the time you have received this message you have likely already been to the vet about Kiwi, but I will post this reply for the benefit of others reading.

If your cat has these symptoms take him to the vet immediately. Sometimes if we treat this early enough we can treat a cat with medications and special food. But if there is a full blockage then this is an emergency that needs surgery and hospitalization and can be fatal.

Diarrhea with mucus. Dr, Are you familiar with those bullwinkle sticks. They are about 13" long, bull... (22852 views)

Luxating patella. hello....my boston terrier(chelsea) just turned 12 months...for the past week i... (15896 views)

Cancer in lung? Hello You answered already a questions with respect to my dog Mara (x rays: lots of... (30810 views)

Dog coughing again. Dear Dr. Marie Im concerned about my dog he started about a month ago sounding... (9028 views)

dead skin on wound My dog has a skin Lesion due to a cage injury. He tried to get out the cage under... (32739 views)

Vomiting and congested. Got a new kitten Older cat now is throwing up saliva in its mouth and has now... (24265 views)

Pass away at home? Potter is almost 13. About 4 months ago he was diagnosed with diabetes and we... (9786 views)

Possible seizures? Our cat, Teddy, started having episodes of rigid front legs, swaying, and staggering... (8579 views)

Ok for dog to eat cat food? My puppy gets annoyed and jealous of me interacting with my cat, especially when I... (6200 views)

Puppy stepped on. my 7 wk old pure staffie has just been accidently stood on by one foot of my 14-15... (47176 views)