Licking his penis.

Breed:
my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and licking himself and then going off to the loo again, usually he goes 2 or 3 times a day but not this often, is there anything wrong?

I am always concerned when a male cat wants to visit the litter box and is licking himself.

This is a sign of a pending urethral blockage which is VERY serious.

I know that by the time you have received this message you have likely already been to the vet about Kiwi, but I will post this reply for the benefit of others reading.

If your cat has these symptoms take him to the vet immediately. Sometimes if we treat this early enough we can treat a cat with medications and special food. But if there is a full blockage then this is an emergency that needs surgery and hospitalization and can be fatal.

Brown bugs over top of tail. Dear Dr. Marie: I HAVE A CAT, IT HAS BROWN BUG AND SCAB AT THE DORSAL ASPECT OF... (10250 views)

Big belly in stray cat. Hello, One day a stray cat showed up at our Home, We could tell she was expecting.... (22963 views)

Sore ears. 6 months ago my Scottish terrier came down with swelling and fluid on right side of... (6195 views)

Sneezing cat. We have adopted a feral cat off the back porch in November. We think she is about 2... (12682 views)

Did raw food cause death? Hi, Dr. Marie, My sweet Shiva, who has been with me since an 8-wk old pup in 2002,... (7124 views)

Rash on belly. My 15 month old pit bull/great dane mix has recently started developing a "bruise"... (49203 views)

Male rabbits mounting. i have just got two babay rabbits that should be both 10 weeks old male and... (41482 views)

Paralyzed chihuahua My dog is just laying here stiff in the rear but wont move anything but his head. He... (9666 views)

Best ringworm treatment. We adopted Milo (5 months) from a shelter 2 weeks ago. He has two patches where skin... (10836 views)

Grief after dog's death. I need your help, please... for peace of mind so I can sleep and live with myself. ... (9742 views)