Licking his penis.

Breed:
my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and licking himself and then going off to the loo again, usually he goes 2 or 3 times a day but not this often, is there anything wrong?

I am always concerned when a male cat wants to visit the litter box and is licking himself.

This is a sign of a pending urethral blockage which is VERY serious.

I know that by the time you have received this message you have likely already been to the vet about Kiwi, but I will post this reply for the benefit of others reading.

If your cat has these symptoms take him to the vet immediately. Sometimes if we treat this early enough we can treat a cat with medications and special food. But if there is a full blockage then this is an emergency that needs surgery and hospitalization and can be fatal.

Panting and shaking cat. Hi, My female cat is just over 15 years old. This morning she woke up... (15903 views)

Addison's disease. I had almost the same experience as the person who wrote you about losing their dog... (18271 views)

Leaking anal glands. My dog has anal leakage. I had her glands expressed but she is still leaking. I... (45091 views)

Hamster hair loss. Hello, My daughters hamster keeps loosing big patches of his fur and also his eyes... (10464 views)

Kitten has diarrhea my kitten is 8-10 weeks old...shes been on dry food now for about 3 weeks. was on... (5188 views)

Can I deworm a nursing female dog? BB is nursing 3 week old pups,can she be wormed while... (40903 views)

medicine for collapsing trachea We are leaving for a car trip with Skiggy. She has a collapsable larynx and gets... (9527 views)

Guinea pig jumping out of my arms. I have had my very young (baby/toddler equivalent)guinea pig for about three weeks.... (5694 views)

Whipworm treatment? I was looking into a preventative whip worm product as my vet keeps telling me that... (5170 views)

Multiple lumps on dog. hi, i have found a hard lump under the skin of my dog, it's by his ribs it does... (10035 views)