Licking his penis.

Breed:
my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and licking himself and then going off to the loo again, usually he goes 2 or 3 times a day but not this often, is there anything wrong?

I am always concerned when a male cat wants to visit the litter box and is licking himself.

This is a sign of a pending urethral blockage which is VERY serious.

I know that by the time you have received this message you have likely already been to the vet about Kiwi, but I will post this reply for the benefit of others reading.

If your cat has these symptoms take him to the vet immediately. Sometimes if we treat this early enough we can treat a cat with medications and special food. But if there is a full blockage then this is an emergency that needs surgery and hospitalization and can be fatal.

Growth near bum of cat. Hello: I noticed my outside male cat had a growth coming out of his back end. After... (14771 views)

Losing weight but lab tests normal. My cat is losing weight, vomiting, more vocal than normal, lethargic and hungry all... (10957 views)

Repeated diarrhea and vomiting. Dr. Marie: Thank you for your input and warning -- this will be a bit lengthy. I... (10987 views)

Cat losing weight. I have had my 10 year-old cat on Tapazole for about a year, but in the past couple... (8963 views)

Snapping noise in joints. Doctor, We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and... (13369 views)

Swollen muzzle in cat. Hello, I gave my cat food this morning and when she went to eat it, she made this... (9352 views)

Cat has a swelling with pus. Hi my name is Retief you see a couple of weeks ago a friend told me my cat fell out... (7447 views)

Cat bitten by dog. My cat recently got bit by a dog. he has a huge hole on his left leg kind of toward... (6482 views)

Dog ate twigs and stuffing. Dr Marie, On Tuesday, unfortunately I had to fire the pet sitter due to... (16267 views)

Gerbil's head exploded. We have had two gerbils for a couple of years but last night one of there heads... (15334 views)