Licking his penis.

Breed:
my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and licking himself and then going off to the loo again, usually he goes 2 or 3 times a day but not this often, is there anything wrong?

I am always concerned when a male cat wants to visit the litter box and is licking himself.

This is a sign of a pending urethral blockage which is VERY serious.

I know that by the time you have received this message you have likely already been to the vet about Kiwi, but I will post this reply for the benefit of others reading.

If your cat has these symptoms take him to the vet immediately. Sometimes if we treat this early enough we can treat a cat with medications and special food. But if there is a full blockage then this is an emergency that needs surgery and hospitalization and can be fatal.

Becoming a veterinary assistant? I want to become a vet assistant. I have enrolled in an online course that teaches... (6661 views)

Hungry and losing weight. hi our cat is scrounging for food 24hrs a day even if he has just eaten. we dont... (9677 views)

Vuvlar tumor in a cat. Hello, 2 weeks ago i had my russian blue sterilised cat (elderly not sure how old... (13037 views)

Cat is getting lazy. Not urgent. Snowy used to play with paper and bottle tops and whatever else he could... (14246 views)

Wobbly cavalier during pregnancy. Hi, we have a female 3 year old cavalier king charles spaniel. she is 5 weeks... (12174 views)

Large lymph nodes in a cat. My cat Miko seems to have swollen lymph nodes under her neck. They've been like that... (46837 views)

Is Raid toxic to cats? My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months... (131478 views)

Should I get an ultrasound? Dear Dr. Marie, My dog has a grade 3-4 heart murmur that she’s had her whole... (12459 views)

Rabbit thymoma? Okay. Hi. I'm very concerned about my bun. I have gone to the vet twice. The first... (25369 views)

Lump on my dog. Hello Dr. Marie, I sincerely hope that this is real, and that if it is and you... (38315 views)