Licking his penis.

Breed:
my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and licking himself and then going off to the loo again, usually he goes 2 or 3 times a day but not this often, is there anything wrong?

I am always concerned when a male cat wants to visit the litter box and is licking himself.

This is a sign of a pending urethral blockage which is VERY serious.

I know that by the time you have received this message you have likely already been to the vet about Kiwi, but I will post this reply for the benefit of others reading.

If your cat has these symptoms take him to the vet immediately. Sometimes if we treat this early enough we can treat a cat with medications and special food. But if there is a full blockage then this is an emergency that needs surgery and hospitalization and can be fatal.

Male rabbits mounting. i have just got two babay rabbits that should be both 10 weeks old male and... (42672 views)

Metronidazole and liver disease. My dog was diagnosed with sudden liver failure brought on by Interceptor. He got... (28026 views)

Lethargic after Trifexis. Hello, Thank you for your help. My beagle, Daisy (25 lbs), ate her dose of... (25897 views)

Coughing dog. I have two very healthy Min Pins. Well I had two healthy dogs. Last weekend we... (5033 views)

Pain meds after spay? Is it necessary to purchase antibiotics and pain meds after a dog has been... (20565 views)

Occult blood in urine. Hi Dr. Marie This is in regard to Oreo, I dont know if you recall our situation... (10934 views)

Diarrhea in chihuahua. Hello. I need some help in trying to diagnose my 4 month old chihuahua puppy. Let me... (8874 views)

Coconut milk for dogs. Okay my dog has suffered colitis since he was a pup, numerous vets said his food was... (110405 views)

Good chew toys for dogs. Hi Dr, I have a 9 month old dog who is part Golden and part Canadian beaver. He... (14960 views)

Metacam safety questions. Please can you advise regarding the use of Metacam injection with other drugs? I am... (14532 views)