Licking his penis.

Breed:
my indoor cat is constantly going to his litter box about every 10 mins or so and licking himself and then going off to the loo again, usually he goes 2 or 3 times a day but not this often, is there anything wrong?

I am always concerned when a male cat wants to visit the litter box and is licking himself.

This is a sign of a pending urethral blockage which is VERY serious.

I know that by the time you have received this message you have likely already been to the vet about Kiwi, but I will post this reply for the benefit of others reading.

If your cat has these symptoms take him to the vet immediately. Sometimes if we treat this early enough we can treat a cat with medications and special food. But if there is a full blockage then this is an emergency that needs surgery and hospitalization and can be fatal.

Peeing in the house. We have a problem with Storm (a male cat) weeing every where in the house we do have... (6912 views)

Parvo protection. Hi Dr, My Golden is 7 weeks now. I will be taking him home next week after he's... (63377 views)

Unexplained liver problems. Dr. Marie, I have a now 14 year old yorkie with some complex medical issues and... (6724 views)

Cerenia and FIP. Holly was diagnosed with the Corona Virus when she was only a few months old. It... (7644 views)

Front leg and neck pain. Hi, I noticed last Thursday my dog being uncomfortable and by Saturday he started... (12060 views)

Pancreatitis and HGE. I had my Cooper put to sleep 3 weeks ago today. On the Monday before, he vomited... (39238 views)

Are chicken bones bad for dogs? Bobby has a very sensitive stomach. He has been vomiting lately. We gave him some... (16223 views)

Lumps on dog's ear. Rocky has three very small bumps on the inside of the flap of his ear. They have... (28633 views)

Kidney disease and seizures. My cat is almost 18 years old and he has kidney disease. He is on a special diet my... (7657 views)

Cat is hungry and has swollen tummy. Our cat seems to be hungry all the time, she is spayed, but we have just moved... (25710 views)