Basset Hound whining.

Breed: basset hound
My basset has seemed to be more whiny latley than usual. I felt around his joints and didnt feel anything strange but he seems to have to most reaction when he is getting his bed ready to lay down. pawing at it and making it comfortable has always been normal but he just seems to whine a awful lot while doing it

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Roscoe. It is possible that he has some arthritis. Basset hounds can sometimes be prone to arthritis in their spine.

It would be a great idea to have your vet take a look at him. They will have a good feel of his back and all of his joints. They may want to take some xrays as well.

Then, they will likely prescribe some anti-inflammatory medication.

I hope he does ok!

Gray spot near a dog's penis. My dog has gray spot on the bottom by his penis is this normal? He never had them... (12940 views)

Still has roundworms. My 2-year-old cat, Oliver, has been having a problem with roundworms. He was born... (15085 views)

Herpes and sore mouth. My 2 year old short hair tabby was diagnosed with FHV quite early on.. he's been... (14036 views)

Dog is drooling. My dog is drooling non-stop! It just started this morning after I let him... (21261 views)

Is this lump cancer? I noticed yesterday that my babe has a lump about the size of a kiwi on her bottom... (16584 views)

Trouble moving. Firts, I am owner of 3 dogs~ Last Saturday we found a small tick on buddy. He... (12417 views)

Dog skin allergies. My 4 year old English Setter ( house dog and hunter) recently came down with ear... (9210 views)

Tums for calcium? Missy is pregnant with her second litter. She developed a calcium deficiency and... (19930 views)

No bowel movement after dentistry. Dear Dr Marie, Thank you for creating this website. I have a 12 year old male... (11874 views)

Beagle Pain Syndrome? My 10 year old beagle in November had an ear infection that caused him to develop... (20975 views)