Basset Hound whining.

Breed: basset hound
My basset has seemed to be more whiny latley than usual. I felt around his joints and didnt feel anything strange but he seems to have to most reaction when he is getting his bed ready to lay down. pawing at it and making it comfortable has always been normal but he just seems to whine a awful lot while doing it

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Roscoe. It is possible that he has some arthritis. Basset hounds can sometimes be prone to arthritis in their spine.

It would be a great idea to have your vet take a look at him. They will have a good feel of his back and all of his joints. They may want to take some xrays as well.

Then, they will likely prescribe some anti-inflammatory medication.

I hope he does ok!

Homeopathic seizure control. I have adopted a dog Jack aged 7. He has seizures which last about 3-5 minutes and... (9350 views)

Raw skin on nose. My dog has a dry and flaky nose. It is constantly running (clear liquid but from him... (7363 views)

Do I have rabies? Hiii m rakesh..i was bitten by a dog when i was 18 years old. I dnt know that dog... (11973 views)

Do you like being a vet? Hi Dr. Marie I have 2 cats and their names are simba and angel and they're very... (12508 views)

White spot on dog's nose. sadie has a white spot below her nose right in the middle of the muzzle i can't tell... (36728 views)

Why did my dog die? I have a query re. cause of death in older dog. She was a Yorkshire Terrier,... (32651 views)

Is this rabies? My dog is going crazy. He's been shaking and walking somewhere and walking back for... (9163 views)

Swollen ankle in my dog. My Labrador has the right back leg ankle joint bigger than his left one. 15 days ago... (12565 views)

Tug of war caused hernia? Can playing tug of war with a male dog cause a... (7353 views)

Senior cat not eating and losing weight. My male cat will not eat and when he does only small amounts. we are constantly... (12836 views)