Basset Hound whining.

Breed: basset hound
My basset has seemed to be more whiny latley than usual. I felt around his joints and didnt feel anything strange but he seems to have to most reaction when he is getting his bed ready to lay down. pawing at it and making it comfortable has always been normal but he just seems to whine a awful lot while doing it

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Roscoe. It is possible that he has some arthritis. Basset hounds can sometimes be prone to arthritis in their spine.

It would be a great idea to have your vet take a look at him. They will have a good feel of his back and all of his joints. They may want to take some xrays as well.

Then, they will likely prescribe some anti-inflammatory medication.

I hope he does ok!

Newborn puppy not eating. Well yesterday my presious had puppys she had two, and about two to three hours... (9130 views)

Is my dog in heat? my dog was really sick and she wouldnt eat. then after a few days she got better and... (32672 views)

Peeing on blankets. We adopted Ginger a year ago and it took some time to get her house trained. She now... (16582 views)

Cat sick after prednisone. Two weeks ago LittleMan had something like an infection in the corners of his mouth... (19295 views)

Bloody diarrhea in small dog. I recently purchased a new Maltese puppy. When we brought him home he had some... (15633 views)

Snapping noise in joints. Doctor, We have two labs (chocolate, and black). They love to run, fetch, play, and... (12988 views)

Kitten urinating in house. we adopted a 4 month old kitten 3 weeks ago. yesterday he urinated on my husbands... (5893 views)

Are chicken bones bad for dogs? Bobby has a very sensitive stomach. He has been vomiting lately. We gave him some... (16223 views)

Vet didn't ask my permission. I came home to find my beloved cat unable to stand (seemed drunken) and felt cooler... (8378 views)

Lump under arm of puppy. We have a 10 week old puppy. He got his first set of vaccinations one week ago. ... (15544 views)