Basset Hound whining.

Breed: basset hound
My basset has seemed to be more whiny latley than usual. I felt around his joints and didnt feel anything strange but he seems to have to most reaction when he is getting his bed ready to lay down. pawing at it and making it comfortable has always been normal but he just seems to whine a awful lot while doing it

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Roscoe. It is possible that he has some arthritis. Basset hounds can sometimes be prone to arthritis in their spine.

It would be a great idea to have your vet take a look at him. They will have a good feel of his back and all of his joints. They may want to take some xrays as well.

Then, they will likely prescribe some anti-inflammatory medication.

I hope he does ok!

Itchy dog. whats would be the best flea medication for a my dog?? hes been chewing for months... (8470 views)

Dog cowers and pees. my dog seems afraid of me when i call her over she cowers and pees when she walks... (12996 views)

Home treatment for abscess. My cat had an abscess I didnt know about until it blew 4 days ago. I have cut away... (8849 views)

Spay 7 year old dog? Shadow my "daughter" is 7 years old. She is NOT spayed. Recently, I noticed a... (17658 views)

Bassett hound freaks out Our dog is healthy and happy, usually. He's been to the vet once per year to get his... (7690 views)

Swollen nose. My 9 yo Female Samoyed has a swollen nose - the black part of the nose, on the top.... (7573 views)

Becoming a veterinary assistant? I want to become a vet assistant. I have enrolled in an online course that teaches... (4760 views)

Healthy weight for a puppy. My papipoo recently had a haircut and I was shocked at how skinny he is. What is a... (9793 views)

Bleeding from penis. My Siberian Husky has been bleeding from his penis for the last 2 days, It comes and... (14590 views)

Heart rate for a cat. Dear Dr.Marie I was just wondering THE TRUTH behind what a cats average heart... (11279 views)