Basset Hound whining.

Breed: basset hound
My basset has seemed to be more whiny latley than usual. I felt around his joints and didnt feel anything strange but he seems to have to most reaction when he is getting his bed ready to lay down. pawing at it and making it comfortable has always been normal but he just seems to whine a awful lot while doing it

This is a tough question to answer without seeing Roscoe. It is possible that he has some arthritis. Basset hounds can sometimes be prone to arthritis in their spine.

It would be a great idea to have your vet take a look at him. They will have a good feel of his back and all of his joints. They may want to take some xrays as well.

Then, they will likely prescribe some anti-inflammatory medication.

I hope he does ok!

Cat with only 4 teeth. We just discovered our cat, Chole, who is 11 years old, seem to have only 4... (11710 views)

Best flea preventive for cats. Bella is an indoor/outdoor cat; free to roam during the day, but we keep her in at... (5421 views)

Lab not eating. Dakota, my lab, has stopped eating over the last couple of weeks and is losing... (11671 views)

Are tomatoes bad for cats? Hi, My ragdoll cat loves cherry tomatoes! - he goes mad crazy for the but I am... (38796 views)

Frontline and bathing. Hi Dr. Marie, I applied Frontline Plus to my puppy the same day that he had a... (25175 views)

Cat with a cold. My cat has a cold, and i was wondering if there is anything i can do at home for her... (18026 views)

Puppy biting owners. My Pomeranian puppy is now four months old and last week i gave anti rabies... (11602 views)

old dog is peeing in the house. spot is 17 and has started weeing in house constantley even when we have doors open... (21222 views)

Dental care for older dog. I have an older dog with bad teeth but no way to afford doggy dental. I was... (21116 views)

Getting new pup after parvo. We rescued a puppy from the pound 6 month ago, we did not know when we get here that... (30507 views)