Best flea preventive for cats.

Breed: Russian Blue
Bella is an indoor/outdoor cat; free to roam during the day, but we keep her in at night. My question is, what type of flea/tick treatment do you recommend (i.e., spot treatment vs. collar) for preventative care, and what brand would you most recommend? Thank you for your time in advance.

Sincerely, Sabrina

Hi Sabrina. I get asked this question a lot, so I wrote a very comprehensive article on flea prevention. Hopefully you will find what you need there.

Sore pug. The first time we thought something was wrong was when we took him out for his usual... (6955 views)

What breed is my dog? Hello I Always Wanted To Know What Breed Or Type My Dog Is ? It's A Russian Small... (9151 views)

Is my cat diabetic? Ollie is consuming lots of water, and peeing a lot. There has been a marked increase... (6531 views)

Hyperthyroid older cat. Dear Dr. Marie: My cat is 25 years old and has been relatively healthy in the 10... (8826 views)

Papaya leaf extract for cancer? Hi, Jacob is 8 he just had his spleen removed due to a tumor about a week ago. ... (13335 views)

Cats pooping on the carpet. I have 2 beautiful, loving cats (male/female) 6 years old. They are siblings from... (18340 views)

Charcoal briquette My Yorkie, male-6 pounds, was in the garden where my husband threw burn,... (40700 views)

Dog's urine smells unusual. A few days ago I noticed that my dog's urine smells a bit strong. I can't really... (138310 views)

Patches of fur loss. My dog has small patches of fur coming out & he has a few bald spots around his neck... (11428 views)

Snorted out vaccine. Hello Dr. Marie....Rianna had her booster for Bordatella first of October..she has... (10168 views)