Best flea preventive for cats.

Breed: Russian Blue
Bella is an indoor/outdoor cat; free to roam during the day, but we keep her in at night. My question is, what type of flea/tick treatment do you recommend (i.e., spot treatment vs. collar) for preventative care, and what brand would you most recommend? Thank you for your time in advance.

Sincerely, Sabrina

Hi Sabrina. I get asked this question a lot, so I wrote a very comprehensive article on flea prevention. Hopefully you will find what you need there.

Pocket pets and cats. I have been considering adding a small pocket pet as a companion to my home. I... (5053 views)

Coughing dog. Hi, We have talked before. Trixie is 13 years old and has had kidney issues. I... (20572 views)

Trifexis side effects I just read your article about Trifexis and was very disturbed. We have three... (9533 views)

Allergic to greenies? My 11.5 year old pug/griffin mix dog has been having nasal/breathing issues for the... (12807 views)

older cat with itchy ears. Dear Dr Marie: For the last 3-4 weeks Emily has had itchy ears. She scratches... (13358 views)

Liver infections in cat. My 13 year old cat has had at least 3 serious, life threatening liver infections... (8667 views)

Died after grooming. Hi, my puppy recently died and was wondering if you could help me, she had a trip to... (10692 views)

Brown spots on dog's belly. In the last 5 weeks, I've noticed some skin spots on my 3 year old Yorkshire... (41394 views)

Vomiting lethargic puppy. my dog is not wanting to eat at all and is just laying around she has vomited a few... (46892 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog keeps shaking and isn't acting herself. Her whole body is shaking but it is... (26284 views)