Best flea preventive for cats.

Breed: Russian Blue
Bella is an indoor/outdoor cat; free to roam during the day, but we keep her in at night. My question is, what type of flea/tick treatment do you recommend (i.e., spot treatment vs. collar) for preventative care, and what brand would you most recommend? Thank you for your time in advance.

Sincerely, Sabrina

Hi Sabrina. I get asked this question a lot, so I wrote a very comprehensive article on flea prevention. Hopefully you will find what you need there.

Cat has an itchy head. Hello, my cat's head is very itchy. She has been wearing a e-collar for a year... (9971 views)

Cat losing weight Hello, I took my 15 year old neutered cat to the vet the other day because he was... (13035 views)

Accident in bed. Hi Dr. Marie, I am writing to you because Max (who normally sleeps in our bed at... (9678 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog keeps shaking and isn't acting herself. Her whole body is shaking but it is... (22356 views)

Is FHO a good idea? my 11 year old 35kg male dog suffers from severe hip displasia & pain relief... (13712 views)

Ear infection in labradoodle. Hi Dr. Marie, I have an 8 month old Australian Labradoodle who has had a yeast... (16833 views)

Did I do the right thing? Hello Dr. Marie, I am grieving today as I had my 12 year old cat put down yesterday... (10231 views)

Blood pressure for a bird. What is a normal Blood pressure for an AFrican Grey Parrot her wing pressure was... (8117 views)

My dog twisted her back. Dear Dr. Marie, Hope you are well. I was contacting you in hopes that you could... (35865 views)

Melanoma in mouth of dog. My dog has melanoma for the second time. She first got it in her mouth about two... (14885 views)