Best flea preventive for cats.

Breed: Russian Blue
Bella is an indoor/outdoor cat; free to roam during the day, but we keep her in at night. My question is, what type of flea/tick treatment do you recommend (i.e., spot treatment vs. collar) for preventative care, and what brand would you most recommend? Thank you for your time in advance.

Sincerely, Sabrina

Hi Sabrina. I get asked this question a lot, so I wrote a very comprehensive article on flea prevention. Hopefully you will find what you need there.

Dog walking sideways. Hello Dr. Here is my question, So my little shitzu is about 2 1/2 yrs old and... (42426 views)

Two kittens limping. Yesterday my two indoor 6 month old cats started limping and favoring their dominant... (6103 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea in pregnancy. My dog has had 1 or 2 ties and it's been about a week now and she's starting to have... (6370 views)

Cold paws and sore belly. My cat is in really bad shape, at first, she was really bloated and meowed in pain... (10845 views)

Blood pressure for a bird. What is a normal Blood pressure for an AFrican Grey Parrot her wing pressure was... (7861 views)

Howling when trying to pee. We took Ferna to the vet a few months ago for vomiting and they prescribed hairball... (9330 views)

Wounds not healing. My cat is mostly an indoor cat, but on occassion, he goes outside. Last time he went... (4794 views)

Cerebellar hypoplasia in kittens. hi, my cat recently had kittens, their are four kittens, two cant walk or barely... (18841 views)

Did I cause my cat's brain injuries? hi ya i was playing with my cat and it scrap me bad so i slapped him on the head he... (18774 views)

Dog limping. My dog just started having pain today. We took him on a particularly long walk... (10079 views)