Puppy has runny nose.

Breed: mix likea collie n c
Heavy clear drool vomited once this morning Oct 29th 2010 7am. Very wet nose no loss of appetite and still very playful. BUT did eat a small piece of a kitchen had towel can a dog get a cold?

Dogs don't really get colds, but there are some respiratory viruses that they can get.

A serious virus is distemper. This can cause a green discharge from the nose and can progress to be very serious.

Another possibility is kennel cough, but this is usually accompanied by a nasty cough that sounds like they are trying to vomit something up.

Eating a towel can definitely cause problems but should not cause a runny nose. However, a bowel or stomach obstruction could cause the drooling and vomiting.

Vomiting can also be caused by a serious virus called parvo virus.

It is good that Willy is still eating and playful. It is probably ok to wait for 24-48 hours. But, if there is any more vomiting or if he starts to not eat or be really quiet then a vet visit will be necessary.

Can a dog transmit HIV or hep c Hello, I know you've had a similar question before but I'm unsure about... (62342 views)

Lump on dog's anus. Dr Marie-- My dog had a lump on his behind just by his anus. It never seemed to get... (52146 views)

High liver enzymes. I had placed Archie in a board and care home while we were on vacation. After coming... (11741 views)

Scabs on cat's ear and neck. Hi. I adopted a cat and she was doing fine. I noticed that she was loosing hair in... (15752 views)

Broken leg - not eating. Last night my 7 week old puppy broke her leg , we took her to the emergency pet... (6285 views)

Trembling head - distemper? Hi there This is the issue with my little puppy. I picked him up alone from... (6289 views)

Rimady and kidney disease. I took my dog to the vet because she yelped when I rubbed her belly above her... (7391 views)

Parvo carrier? A dog by the name of Bo was pulled from the pound along with some puppies, the... (28623 views)

Does Dawn Dishsoap kill fleas? Hi, I recently bought cat shampoo, and through research found that it was... (21449 views)

Cat puffing its hair out. Is there other reasons besides a cat trying to make itself look big for a fight that... (14040 views)