Puppy has runny nose.

Breed: mix likea collie n c
Heavy clear drool vomited once this morning Oct 29th 2010 7am. Very wet nose no loss of appetite and still very playful. BUT did eat a small piece of a kitchen had towel can a dog get a cold?

Dogs don't really get colds, but there are some respiratory viruses that they can get.

A serious virus is distemper. This can cause a green discharge from the nose and can progress to be very serious.

Another possibility is kennel cough, but this is usually accompanied by a nasty cough that sounds like they are trying to vomit something up.

Eating a towel can definitely cause problems but should not cause a runny nose. However, a bowel or stomach obstruction could cause the drooling and vomiting.

Vomiting can also be caused by a serious virus called parvo virus.

It is good that Willy is still eating and playful. It is probably ok to wait for 24-48 hours. But, if there is any more vomiting or if he starts to not eat or be really quiet then a vet visit will be necessary.

Chattering jaw. my 2yr old lhasa apso could just be sitting and his jaw starts to shake non-stop for... (7072 views)

Golden retriever coughing. This weekend I was dog sitting for my dad's three dogs while he was out of town.... (7319 views)

Seizures and not eating. Earlier in the week Cash had a pee/poop/vomit fest in the house, unusual for him. ... (6163 views)

Dog ate a grape. Hi, My 2 year old miniature schnauzer ate a red seedless grape about 20 minutes... (8705 views)

Is this Pemphigus? My cat Loki is a 4 yr old, neutered male. Over the past 2 years he has been getting... (5879 views)

Biting her paws. my dog is biting her paws why is she? she had fleas but we gave her a pill so when... (4766 views)

Lungworm from slugs? My dog just licked a small slug. Is there a possibility of a... (8228 views)

Flea Allergy Hello Shelby has two to three spots that she has been licking and chewing on by... (9326 views)

Tumor in belly. I recently discovered my 13 year old cat has a probably cancerous mass growing in... (4299 views)

Kitten panting. My previous cats lived to be 18 yrs, so it's a long time since I had a young one. ... (3980 views)