Puppy has runny nose.

Breed: mix likea collie n c
Heavy clear drool vomited once this morning Oct 29th 2010 7am. Very wet nose no loss of appetite and still very playful. BUT did eat a small piece of a kitchen had towel can a dog get a cold?

Dogs don't really get colds, but there are some respiratory viruses that they can get.

A serious virus is distemper. This can cause a green discharge from the nose and can progress to be very serious.

Another possibility is kennel cough, but this is usually accompanied by a nasty cough that sounds like they are trying to vomit something up.

Eating a towel can definitely cause problems but should not cause a runny nose. However, a bowel or stomach obstruction could cause the drooling and vomiting.

Vomiting can also be caused by a serious virus called parvo virus.

It is good that Willy is still eating and playful. It is probably ok to wait for 24-48 hours. But, if there is any more vomiting or if he starts to not eat or be really quiet then a vet visit will be necessary.

Brown spots and hair loss. Hi again Dr. Marie, My 6 year old Golden Retriever is itchy. I noticed that she... (16455 views)

Cause of high ALP? mickey a male is 6 and 1/2 years old. he was prescribed on 8/12/11 rimadyl (1/2 75mg... (12590 views)

Black spots on belly and chest. Hello, About a month ago we noticed these black spots on Xander's belly. There were... (221201 views)

Lump on jaw. OK...my cat has a lump on her neck/jaw. One vet has told me it was an... (26631 views)

Are tomatoes bad for cats? Hi, My ragdoll cat loves cherry tomatoes! - he goes mad crazy for the but I am... (38228 views)

Cat pooping on floor. We have a male, neutered cat who is about 4 years old. He has been pooping on the... (11033 views)

Dog drank a mug of hot chocolate. what should i do my dog is 2,7 kg and she might die because she is SO small please... (30421 views)

Swollen eye. Hello dr. Marie. I have had my male cat since he was 8 weeks old and i adopted him... (11686 views)

Dog throws up 3-5 times per week. Max is active & playful. He's a picky eater but seems to eat enough and drinks... (15333 views)

Cisapride to a cat that is not eating? My cat has mega colon and been on cisapride and lactulose for 2 1/2 years. She has... (10119 views)