Puppy has runny nose.

Breed: mix likea collie n c
Heavy clear drool vomited once this morning Oct 29th 2010 7am. Very wet nose no loss of appetite and still very playful. BUT did eat a small piece of a kitchen had towel can a dog get a cold?

Dogs don't really get colds, but there are some respiratory viruses that they can get.

A serious virus is distemper. This can cause a green discharge from the nose and can progress to be very serious.

Another possibility is kennel cough, but this is usually accompanied by a nasty cough that sounds like they are trying to vomit something up.

Eating a towel can definitely cause problems but should not cause a runny nose. However, a bowel or stomach obstruction could cause the drooling and vomiting.

Vomiting can also be caused by a serious virus called parvo virus.

It is good that Willy is still eating and playful. It is probably ok to wait for 24-48 hours. But, if there is any more vomiting or if he starts to not eat or be really quiet then a vet visit will be necessary.

Ok for dog to eat cat food? My puppy gets annoyed and jealous of me interacting with my cat, especially when I... (6429 views)

Sore neck after blood draw. This afternoon, I took my dog for routine labwork and the tech took it from his... (17690 views)

Metronidazole and liver disease. My dog was diagnosed with sudden liver failure brought on by Interceptor. He got... (30475 views)

All cats in house getting sick. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a household of 6, normally healthy cats. Lately, we have... (6061 views)

Limping, trouble breathing and then dog died. Dr. Marie, My dog died this evening and am looking for possible causes. I did not... (23085 views)

viscious dogs Killer dogs next door! We live next door to 4 dogs, a female German Shepard, a... (13820 views)

How often is heat cycle? Bonnie is a pure chocolate labrador & was 6 in september (2011). I'm wondering how... (27790 views)

Cat died suddenly. Our cat just passed away suddenly last night. She was about 4 years old, and... (11287 views)

Stop dogs from fighting. I have 2 female doxies, one beats up the other all the time. How can i control this?... (6689 views)

Limping Maltipoo. My dog fell from trying to jump on my bed 2 days ago. (She is a maltipoo and weighs... (18569 views)