Are these tapeworms?

Breed: ?
My cat has little cream color things on the chair after she sits for a while. They are maybe 1cm with a little thing sticking out on one end. Is this a fluke?I'm living in Turkey and would like to know what I'm dealing with. Thank you for your help. I got one tablet of wormtal from an office today. Is this ok to give to cats too? She is 7lbs, the office person said to give her 1/3 of the tablet every 3months. Or should I give it to her again in 2 weeks.We went to 3 vets before I could get medicine for this. These thing started coming out after I gave her a Intercept pill I had left from the States. Is it ok to give this pill since it has only been two weeks since I gave the Interceptor heart worm pill? Thank you!

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Recommended Tapeworm Medications for Cats

Hi and thanks for your question. It sounds like you are describing tapeworms. They look like any of these pictures:

tapeworm

tapeworm

tapeworm

Unfortunately I can't legally advise you on medication doses. I would not recommend giving a product that is not meant for use in cats. You can get a safe tapeworm dewormer for cats online. But, I am not sure if they are able to ship products out of the US.

It is interesting that you noticed this after giving an interceptor pill because interceptor does not kill tapeworms. I am not aware of any other parasite that would look like this that is killed by interceptor though!

It would be a great idea to have your vet examine a stool sample from the cat and possibly also have a look at the cream colored things you are seeing.

Homeopathic seizure control. I have adopted a dog Jack aged 7. He has seizures which last about 3-5 minutes and... (7439 views)

Flea problems. I have a ragdoll cat who weighs 15 lbs. I have tried different types of flea control... (9309 views)

Dog has smelly ears. hiya my puppy has a smell coming from his ears its not strong but when you come... (6170 views)

Chronic ehrlichiosis treatment. I have a 7 year old Black Russian Terrier that was diagnosed 1 year ago with... (14656 views)

Puppy knuckling on back legs. Hi I have a pug who is 5 months old, he was fine until about 2 week ago. He started... (8034 views)

Dog limping. My dog just started having pain today. We took him on a particularly long walk... (10332 views)

Bladder cancer and can't walk. I accidentally closed the window the first time I got directed here so think that I... (11976 views)

Dog ate duck bones. Hi Dr. Marie, Poppy nipped one piece of cooked duck wing bone 2 days ago at lunch... (30731 views)

Anemic dog. Hi, I'm really worried about my dog Sammy. He was at the vet a couple of days ago... (9778 views)

Shaking after grooming. Millie is an otherwise healthy 8 year old Bijon Poo. Don't know if this is related,... (39954 views)