Are these tapeworms?

Breed: ?
My cat has little cream color things on the chair after she sits for a while. They are maybe 1cm with a little thing sticking out on one end. Is this a fluke?I'm living in Turkey and would like to know what I'm dealing with. Thank you for your help. I got one tablet of wormtal from an office today. Is this ok to give to cats too? She is 7lbs, the office person said to give her 1/3 of the tablet every 3months. Or should I give it to her again in 2 weeks.We went to 3 vets before I could get medicine for this. These thing started coming out after I gave her a Intercept pill I had left from the States. Is it ok to give this pill since it has only been two weeks since I gave the Interceptor heart worm pill? Thank you!

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Recommended Tapeworm Medications for Cats

Hi and thanks for your question. It sounds like you are describing tapeworms. They look like any of these pictures:

tapeworm

tapeworm

tapeworm

Unfortunately I can't legally advise you on medication doses. I would not recommend giving a product that is not meant for use in cats. You can get a safe tapeworm dewormer for cats online. But, I am not sure if they are able to ship products out of the US.

It is interesting that you noticed this after giving an interceptor pill because interceptor does not kill tapeworms. I am not aware of any other parasite that would look like this that is killed by interceptor though!

It would be a great idea to have your vet examine a stool sample from the cat and possibly also have a look at the cream colored things you are seeing.

Dog doesn't like u/d For a dog that has once needed to have surgery to have bladder stones removed do you... (19362 views)

Small pink lump on back. My dog has had a small light pink lump on his back for a little while now. I have... (11233 views)

Why does guinea pig have pink poop? Hi! I am a big fan! So my guinea pig yesterday at play time, I found like a pink... (12841 views)

Light colored diarrhea. Yesterday my husband and I purchased our new family addition and his brother. Last... (30182 views)

Brown staining around pee area. The area around her pee area is really brown and dirty I have cleaned it off but I... (112624 views)

Bad for dog to eat paper? iv had Lexi 4 almost 6 months now, and she just loves to chew paper. i know she is... (36154 views)

Dog's baby teeth not out. Hi Dr Marie, Happy Holidays to you. I have a question. I don't think this is a... (13123 views)

Kidney problems in ferret. Hi there, I am the owner of a ferret male, 2.5 years old, who in the last week,... (11985 views)

Rabies from my dog? my 70 days old cocker spaniel bit my toe and there ws little bleeding and i cleaned... (4864 views)

Dog playing with a bat - rabies? My new puppy 7 weeks old has just has a few of his early shots. He was just in the... (32814 views)