Are these tapeworms?

Breed: ?
My cat has little cream color things on the chair after she sits for a while. They are maybe 1cm with a little thing sticking out on one end. Is this a fluke?I'm living in Turkey and would like to know what I'm dealing with. Thank you for your help. I got one tablet of wormtal from an office today. Is this ok to give to cats too? She is 7lbs, the office person said to give her 1/3 of the tablet every 3months. Or should I give it to her again in 2 weeks.We went to 3 vets before I could get medicine for this. These thing started coming out after I gave her a Intercept pill I had left from the States. Is it ok to give this pill since it has only been two weeks since I gave the Interceptor heart worm pill? Thank you!

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Recommended Tapeworm Medications for Cats

Hi and thanks for your question. It sounds like you are describing tapeworms. They look like any of these pictures:

tapeworm

tapeworm

tapeworm

Unfortunately I can't legally advise you on medication doses. I would not recommend giving a product that is not meant for use in cats. You can get a safe tapeworm dewormer for cats online. But, I am not sure if they are able to ship products out of the US.

It is interesting that you noticed this after giving an interceptor pill because interceptor does not kill tapeworms. I am not aware of any other parasite that would look like this that is killed by interceptor though!

It would be a great idea to have your vet examine a stool sample from the cat and possibly also have a look at the cream colored things you are seeing.

Severe liver problems. I took Dillinger to vet on Friday, and after a blood test and urine analysis the vet... (7472 views)

Muscle tremors and distemper. I have an around 4 - 6 month old puppy who was a street dog in Dharamsala India. She... (12751 views)

Did I cause my cat's brain injuries? hi ya i was playing with my cat and it scrap me bad so i slapped him on the head he... (19794 views)

Does Hartz flea treatment work? My dogs have gotten fleas and I've been putting Hartz flea treatment on them but it... (16825 views)

Swelling near dogs penis My dog is currently at the Vet, but the vet doesn't seem to understand the symptom I... (92852 views)

Very sick kitty. just found you, wish we had found you earlier. maybe kitty will still be with us... (5679 views)

Cryptosporidium and clostridium. I am hoping for confirmation that we are on the right track with treating our two 11... (20122 views)

Puppy not gaining weight. my puppy is one month old and is not gaining any weight and is not active not eating... (9896 views)

Dog inhaled bleach. Our dog is having trouble breathing after inhaling Clorox. It was accidental my... (48604 views)

Testicle tumor and incontinence. my 11 year old dog has a swollen testicle, (a friend told me it may be a tumor), he... (8868 views)