Are these tapeworms?

Breed: ?
My cat has little cream color things on the chair after she sits for a while. They are maybe 1cm with a little thing sticking out on one end. Is this a fluke?I'm living in Turkey and would like to know what I'm dealing with. Thank you for your help. I got one tablet of wormtal from an office today. Is this ok to give to cats too? She is 7lbs, the office person said to give her 1/3 of the tablet every 3months. Or should I give it to her again in 2 weeks.We went to 3 vets before I could get medicine for this. These thing started coming out after I gave her a Intercept pill I had left from the States. Is it ok to give this pill since it has only been two weeks since I gave the Interceptor heart worm pill? Thank you!

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Recommended Tapeworm Medications for Cats

Hi and thanks for your question. It sounds like you are describing tapeworms. They look like any of these pictures:

tapeworm

tapeworm

tapeworm

Unfortunately I can't legally advise you on medication doses. I would not recommend giving a product that is not meant for use in cats. You can get a safe tapeworm dewormer for cats online. But, I am not sure if they are able to ship products out of the US.

It is interesting that you noticed this after giving an interceptor pill because interceptor does not kill tapeworms. I am not aware of any other parasite that would look like this that is killed by interceptor though!

It would be a great idea to have your vet examine a stool sample from the cat and possibly also have a look at the cream colored things you are seeing.

Retrobulbar abscess My 3 year old, female border collie was treated late yesterday for a retrobulbar... (10037 views)

Atropine? I live in a tiny town in Nicaragua and there is no vet...just a veterinary food and... (6383 views)

Why did my cat die? my 10-year-old cat died today, she had lost weight had yesterday something happened... (11366 views)

Dog skin allergies. My 4 year old English Setter ( house dog and hunter) recently came down with ear... (8070 views)

Prozac for submissive peeing? My Morkie is 2 1/2 years old. I rescued her at 6 mos. she is aggressive and also... (6427 views)

Cat keeps getting sick. Hi, I have a 4 month old kitten. I found her when she was about two months. I took... (5544 views)

Overdose of Xanax. Can forty .5 mg pills of Alprazolam Kill a 6 pound chihuahua? came home and found my... (78644 views)

Flea dirt around nipples? She is a 20 month old seemingly very healthy happy cat. There is a very good chance... (37347 views)

Epsom salt vs table salt. hi my cat keeps limping on his leg i have checked it and it isnt his leg thats the... (15254 views)

What kind of food? I need a food recommendation for our two Aussies (one mini 5 yr old male at 32lbs... (6080 views)