Are these tapeworms?

Breed: ?
My cat has little cream color things on the chair after she sits for a while. They are maybe 1cm with a little thing sticking out on one end. Is this a fluke?I'm living in Turkey and would like to know what I'm dealing with. Thank you for your help. I got one tablet of wormtal from an office today. Is this ok to give to cats too? She is 7lbs, the office person said to give her 1/3 of the tablet every 3months. Or should I give it to her again in 2 weeks.We went to 3 vets before I could get medicine for this. These thing started coming out after I gave her a Intercept pill I had left from the States. Is it ok to give this pill since it has only been two weeks since I gave the Interceptor heart worm pill? Thank you!

Related Articles written by Dr. Marie:

Recommended Tapeworm Medications for Cats

Hi and thanks for your question. It sounds like you are describing tapeworms. They look like any of these pictures:

tapeworm

tapeworm

tapeworm

Unfortunately I can't legally advise you on medication doses. I would not recommend giving a product that is not meant for use in cats. You can get a safe tapeworm dewormer for cats online. But, I am not sure if they are able to ship products out of the US.

It is interesting that you noticed this after giving an interceptor pill because interceptor does not kill tapeworms. I am not aware of any other parasite that would look like this that is killed by interceptor though!

It would be a great idea to have your vet examine a stool sample from the cat and possibly also have a look at the cream colored things you are seeing.

Leave light on for dog? Is it necessary to leave the lights on for your dog when you go out in the evening... (36171 views)

Can't walk, dehydrated puppy. My puppy is 3 months old. She was left at home with her dogsitter but was obviously... (16552 views)

Cat howls at night time. Hi - Rusty is almost 15 yrs. and meows and howls at night. Basically, he throws a... (21809 views)

Bump on dog's ear. I noticed that the flap of my dog's ear has this pimple like bump on it. you can't... (20508 views)

Cost to take mouse to vet? About how much would it cost to take a mouse in for a check... (17440 views)

Pain in stomatitis after extractions. 9 year old cat has stomatitis. She is NOT FIV positive. She has had all her teeth... (19764 views)

Orange urine in a dog. I have had Moe for two years. He is 17 years old now according to the vet. He... (8749 views)

Puppy ate vomit. my dog is crying and has a fever and is very sluggish my wife is pregnant and going... (11596 views)

GNRH implant I am asking about the GnRH implant to bring a dog into heat. MY FIRST MAIN... (13861 views)

Whipworm treatment? I was looking into a preventative whip worm product as my vet keeps telling me that... (5767 views)