Dog has a bald patch over eye.

Breed: Miniature Dashchund
Hello, I have a miniature Dashchund which is 5 mnths old and she is in perfect health condition. She has her first two needles but after her second needle she started to lose hair next/above her right eye. It is bald there now, and it is dry, although we have been told it is not just dry skin.The spot seems to be slowly spreading as well. Do you have any idea on what this is, or what the cause was? Also, if there is anything we can do about it? Our vet tested for mites, but she is clear of them, and the vet won't tell us what else it could be. She also won't give our puppy her third needle.

This will be a tough question to answer without actually seeing your dog, but I will see what I can do.

The first thing that I thought of was a parasite called demodex. Usually, though this can be found quite easily by doing a skin scraping which it sounds like your vet already did. I have had some cases though where I have had to do the scraping a couple of times before I found the mites.

Is the spot itchy or red at all? If so, it may be a localized area of skin infection.

It could also be ringworm which is a fungal infection. You may need to have your vet do a fungal culture to find out if this is what it is.

I'm not sure why your vet won't give the third needles. If they are suspecting an infection it may be that they want your dog to be totally healed from the infection first.

If you *really* wanted to know what is going on you could have your vet do a skin biopsy but this could be a little pricey.

Does Vick's Vapo rub help cat's breathing? My vet says my cat has a sinus tumor and a Iwas wondering if vicks would help him to... (39082 views)

Gunk in cat's eyes. hi my cat has had her vaccination today but now noticed there gunk coming out of her... (7274 views)

Older cat missing litter box. My 18 year old male cat is getting into the liter box and urinating on the floor... (15691 views)

PNST in a dog. My Jack Russell (8 years old) was just diagnosed with a PNST. Which was discovered... (12630 views)

Itchy dog. whats would be the best flea medication for a my dog?? hes been chewing for months... (8694 views)

Cat with bloody diarrhea iam also a vet from pakistan.i want to ask that if a cat has bloody diarrhoea;wat i... (7260 views)

Clear discharge from eye. Hi there, My one year old cat has had a slight watery discharge from her left eye... (11255 views)

Pregnant cat is vomiting. My cat got out and didn't come home for about a month. When she got out she was in... (19117 views)

Bleeding cat? my cat (female and she has has been neutered)appears to be dropping a red liquid in... (10590 views)

Vomiting puppy. I know this is a free answer but I love my puppy,dont have a credit card and spent... (9146 views)