Hamster too cold?

Breed: Camoels russian dwar
hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and alot during the night, but now shes sleeping most the day,and half the night, and the last night my mom was petting her, and my mom said that she felt a little cold. I just wanted to know that if the sleeping alot is just frim her being cold? thanks

This is a hard question to answer completely. But, yes, if the environment is too cold then she can be lethargic. Some hamsters can go into hibernation if they are too cold.

If you can increase the temperature in your room this will likely help. A space heater is a good idea.

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (12481 views)

Cat's heart rate question. Does the heart-rate depend on the age of the... (7588 views)

Lump on dog's neck. Hi Dr Marie We have a 4 year old female mixed breed dog. Two years ago she had a... (22399 views)

Cat is dying. I took in a stray that was living in a garage since his was little for years and was... (10510 views)

When to separate pups? Hello, My pet has just given babies and i need to give those babies for... (7551 views)

Non healing abscess I'm sorry I had to choose the free option, but I'm skint because of the ongoing vet... (7563 views)

Vaginal bleeding. Hi, my little desexed jack russell is bleeding slightly from her vagina when she... (94161 views)

Cerebellar hypoplasia? Hello Dr Marie, I recently found an abandoned feral kitten in the street who was... (9323 views)

Seizures in a Yorkie. This past Monday she had an episode where she went limp and wasn't responsive to her... (22656 views)

Tramadol not working. He is on Tramodol 50 mg 3x a day plus 80lbs of Metacam for Arthritis. He was put on... (15318 views)