Kitten with diarrhea.

Breed: Maine Coon
My cat is being lethargic her poop is runny she isnt eating much or drinking much she is having trouble moving what could be wrong?

Sorry to hear that Zena is not well.

You have checked off in your description of Zena that she is under 3 months old. I get really concerned when a young kitten doesn't want to eat. There are a number of possibilities for what could be going on.

Has she had any vaccinations? If she is not fully vaccinated then she could have a virus such as panleukopenia. This is a very serious virus that is the equivalent of parvo virus in dogs. (It is not contagious to dogs though.)

It's also possible that she has some parasites but they would have to be quite severe to cause her to be so unwell.

Another possibility is if she has eaten something that has caused a partial obstruction in her intestines. Again, this is very serious.

A change in food can cause some diarrhea in cats but generally it doesn't cause them to be not moving and very quiet.

Whatever the cause, I would highly recommend that you have your vet see Zena as soon as possible. Kittens are not good at fighting dehydration and can die if they are sick for too long.

Your vet will do a very good exam. They may determine that she is sick enough to need to stay in the hospital and need fluids. Or, they may possibly just give you medication to give her at home to help with the diarrhea and to improve her appetite. When you go, it's a good idea to bring a stool sample with you. The vet can do tests on this to determine if there are any parasites present, and if so, what medications are needed to treat them.

Unfortunately there is no at-home treatment that I can recommend for her.

I really hope that she is ok!

Only one bowel movement. My 2 month old shih tzu only poops in the morning. He eats dog food soaked in water... (9929 views)

Puppy ate grapes. My puppy ate 3 grapes. About 24 hours ago. What do I need to watch for? She is 9... (7849 views)

Toenail problems. We adopted Tiger (62lb what appears to be shepard/boxer mix) in May and about a... (7793 views)

Something in throat? Husband won't let me take cat to vet..childrens pet. Cat stopped eating a few days... (32004 views)

Black poop and worms. my dog has worms, and we gave her medicine today but she wont eat anythingg and has... (11309 views)

Cat attacked by dog. My can got attacked by a dog and she cant close her mouth all the way, but her tooth... (5182 views)

Dog has an upset stomach. Hi, (again) Dr. Marie: For the past week, Jammy has been having an upset stomach... (11566 views)

Bite wound not healing. My dog was attacked on the weekend and had a puncture wound on her left shoulder.... (18126 views)

Are tomatoes bad for dogs? I have a question about dogs and tomatoes. I accidentally fed my dog a few(maybe... (537094 views)

Hypothermic dog. Two days ago my black lab pup fell threw some ice, he was in the water for about 5... (9372 views)