Cat is despondent.

Breed: cat. that's all I kn
My cat is despondent. I don't think she's sick.
I'll try anything to get some life back into her. I, myself, tend to be holistic. But someone like you might have more experience with a despondent. Vitamins, maybe or something like that.
Thank you

I'm sorry to hear that Kitty is not doing well. It will be hard to give you a detailed answer without being able to examine her. But, I can tell you that almost every time we see a change in a cat's behavior there is a medical reason for it. So, if she is despondent, then there probably is either an illness or a pain issue.

You have listed that Kitty is more than 15 years of age. Kidney problems are very common in elderly cats. There are many other medical problems that could be an issue as well.

Is she eating ok? If not, then there definitely is a medical issue and she will likely need some blood tests to determine what it is.

Sometimes arthritis pain can be an issue with older cats and can cause them to just mope around. Unfortunately there is no over the counter medication that is safe and effective for cats with arthritis. There are prescription products that work well but you would need to see your vet to get them.

There really is no vitamin or supplement that is likely to perk her up. Hopefully you can have a vet see her soon and determine what the issue is.

Black sore near anus. Hello Dr.Marie (I am SO grateful for you!), I have had my two dogs (same breeder)... (46072 views)

Dripping blood. My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign... (27368 views)

Lentigo on a daschund. Dear Dr. Marie, I just recently discovered these black dots on my dogs chest when... (35429 views)

Torn nail problem. my dog hooked her nail last saturday and broke the nail off very short and was... (11469 views)

Milk coming out of squirrel's nose. I have an orphaned squirrel that doesn't have his eyes open yet. He has aspirated... (10429 views)

Still paralyzed after back surgery. We need help and guidance please! We have an active family, 3 boys (13,9,8) and one... (31849 views)

Cancer or pyometra? My lab who was quite healthy up and until August started to show a dulling coat and... (11410 views)

Crying after using litter box. After my cat eats, drinks, gets up or uses the cat box she cries this very strange... (25463 views)

Brian tumor? Two months ago, my dog had his first seizure ever. He was taking Gabapentin (disc... (5712 views)

Eating grass and vomiting. Bleu has always been a resilient dog with now health problems, but over the last... (18558 views)