Bloated stomach in Papillion.

Breed: papillion mixed with
my dog had a bloated stomach and had trouble going to the bathroom and the next day he went to the bathroom but now he is laying down on his stomach and wen anybody touches his stomach area he wnines in pain and he is just there wat should i do wats wrong with him plz help me

I'm sorry to hear that Hunter is not feeling well. It sounds like he is quite sick and likely needs to see a vet.

There are a number of things that could be causing his symptoms.

One possibility is a condition called bloat. However, this is not very common in little dogs (but can still happen). With bloat the stomach twists and fills up with air. It is very painful and if not treated will lead to death.

It's also possible that he has eaten something that has become lodged in his intestines. Again, this is a serious problem.

It could be that what we thought was difficulty in having a bowel movement actually was straining because of cramping. If he is really sore in his belly he may have a condition called pancreatitis. Pancreatitis is usually caused by eating something really fatty but often we don't find the cause. Pancreatitis is life threatening and needs to be treated in a veterinary hospital.

I wish I could tell you more, but the best advice I can give you is to see your vet right away.

intercat aggression We have four brothers that are 1 year old. They were wild cats when their mamma... (6847 views)

Red liquid in rats eyes. My rat has no energy and she has red liquid comimg out her eyes and she is shaking... (10958 views)

Itchy dog. My question is long because I have to give all the background data. On May 10, 2011... (20299 views)

Sore neck after blood draw. This afternoon, I took my dog for routine labwork and the tech took it from his... (14461 views)

Cancer in ear. Cat died. I recently put our beloved cat Benny to sleep after a tragic event that I am... (10765 views)

Dog has split her nail. my dog has a toe nail that is split. it is causing her alot of pain. what do we do... (8164 views)

Cat has an itchy head. Hello, my cat's head is very itchy. She has been wearing a e-collar for a year... (9560 views)

Blood in stools. My dog has bright red blood in his stools. He is in good form, jumping around and... (10031 views)

Swollen penis Charlie's penis is enlarged and pussing but the puss is not excessive. I really... (50889 views)

Tooth infection. i have an 8 year old pomerian i rescued a few years ago he has real bad teeth right... (5244 views)