Bloated stomach in Papillion.

Breed: papillion mixed with
my dog had a bloated stomach and had trouble going to the bathroom and the next day he went to the bathroom but now he is laying down on his stomach and wen anybody touches his stomach area he wnines in pain and he is just there wat should i do wats wrong with him plz help me

I'm sorry to hear that Hunter is not feeling well. It sounds like he is quite sick and likely needs to see a vet.

There are a number of things that could be causing his symptoms.

One possibility is a condition called bloat. However, this is not very common in little dogs (but can still happen). With bloat the stomach twists and fills up with air. It is very painful and if not treated will lead to death.

It's also possible that he has eaten something that has become lodged in his intestines. Again, this is a serious problem.

It could be that what we thought was difficulty in having a bowel movement actually was straining because of cramping. If he is really sore in his belly he may have a condition called pancreatitis. Pancreatitis is usually caused by eating something really fatty but often we don't find the cause. Pancreatitis is life threatening and needs to be treated in a veterinary hospital.

I wish I could tell you more, but the best advice I can give you is to see your vet right away.

My dog won't eat. Hello i have a male 2 year old pitbull. He is an extremely picky eater when it comes... (15204 views)

Cat not using box. My cat got attacked in a fight early Friday morning. She had to have an operation on... (11859 views)

Renal lymphoma? my cat just had dental surgery. After about a week I noticed she was still listless... (26489 views)

Patches of fur loss. My dog has small patches of fur coming out & he has a few bald spots around his neck... (11106 views)

Child and dog have a virus. My puppy that is 9 weeks old has had all shot. Today he has terrible diarrhea and... (7487 views)

Bleeding from penis. My Siberian Husky has been bleeding from his penis for the last 2 days, It comes and... (15337 views)

Sard Oxy Plus. My cat accidently stood in some Sard Oxy Plus stain remover then licked her paws and... (8627 views)

Can I use Trifexis now? The flea population is horrible in WV this year, like most of the eastern US. We... (14051 views)

Recurring ear infections in Golden. My dog is a 90 pound Golden Retriever. He has had a lot of problems with ear... (21164 views)

Licking at lump on leg. Hi! My name is Sachiyo Ono and I have a question about my pet. I am only 14 so I... (27092 views)