Bloated stomach in Papillion.

Breed: papillion mixed with
my dog had a bloated stomach and had trouble going to the bathroom and the next day he went to the bathroom but now he is laying down on his stomach and wen anybody touches his stomach area he wnines in pain and he is just there wat should i do wats wrong with him plz help me

I'm sorry to hear that Hunter is not feeling well. It sounds like he is quite sick and likely needs to see a vet.

There are a number of things that could be causing his symptoms.

One possibility is a condition called bloat. However, this is not very common in little dogs (but can still happen). With bloat the stomach twists and fills up with air. It is very painful and if not treated will lead to death.

It's also possible that he has eaten something that has become lodged in his intestines. Again, this is a serious problem.

It could be that what we thought was difficulty in having a bowel movement actually was straining because of cramping. If he is really sore in his belly he may have a condition called pancreatitis. Pancreatitis is usually caused by eating something really fatty but often we don't find the cause. Pancreatitis is life threatening and needs to be treated in a veterinary hospital.

I wish I could tell you more, but the best advice I can give you is to see your vet right away.

Dog has horrible breath. How can i stop my dogs horriable breath. like home things that i could do like... (10935 views)

Mercury levels in canned tuna cat food. My cat eats a lot of tuna flavored canned cat food. I have heard that mercury in... (17039 views)

Swollen feet in older cat. My 13 year old female cat has had several odd problems for about 2 months. I have... (18245 views)

Paralyzed dog now walking Emma's back legs have been paralyzed for almost 6 weeks. I took her to the vet and... (9340 views)

Kitten died after anesthetic. Dear Dr. Marie, We are heartbroken. Our 5 MONTH old spyhnx kitten passed away... (8189 views)

Kidney disease and seizures. My cat is almost 18 years old and he has kidney disease. He is on a special diet my... (8430 views)

What caused my cat to die? Hello Dr. Marie - I found my cat dead yesterday morning under my neighbors van,... (38555 views)

Rottweiler urinating frequently. my dog has getting let out all the time and and and recently she has been weeing... (8390 views)

Paralyzed chihuahua My dog is just laying here stiff in the rear but wont move anything but his head. He... (10285 views)

Getting new pup after parvo. We rescued a puppy from the pound 6 month ago, we did not know when we get here that... (30507 views)