Bloated stomach in Papillion.

Breed: papillion mixed with
my dog had a bloated stomach and had trouble going to the bathroom and the next day he went to the bathroom but now he is laying down on his stomach and wen anybody touches his stomach area he wnines in pain and he is just there wat should i do wats wrong with him plz help me

I'm sorry to hear that Hunter is not feeling well. It sounds like he is quite sick and likely needs to see a vet.

There are a number of things that could be causing his symptoms.

One possibility is a condition called bloat. However, this is not very common in little dogs (but can still happen). With bloat the stomach twists and fills up with air. It is very painful and if not treated will lead to death.

It's also possible that he has eaten something that has become lodged in his intestines. Again, this is a serious problem.

It could be that what we thought was difficulty in having a bowel movement actually was straining because of cramping. If he is really sore in his belly he may have a condition called pancreatitis. Pancreatitis is usually caused by eating something really fatty but often we don't find the cause. Pancreatitis is life threatening and needs to be treated in a veterinary hospital.

I wish I could tell you more, but the best advice I can give you is to see your vet right away.

Why did my dog die? I have a query re. cause of death in older dog. She was a Yorkshire Terrier,... (31223 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea every two weeks. I adopted my yorkiepoo from a local shelter in 12/2012. From that time until a few... (12938 views)

2 week old puppy won't nurse. 2 week puppy stopped eating from its mother. we are feeding him with a syringe with... (17409 views)

Is this a tick? So Badger has a strange growth on the edge of his ear...I will include two pictures... (33762 views)

Feline leukemia questions. Hi-Recently we discovered that a stray cat had kittens in our garage. Only 2 in the... (21113 views)

Beagle with neck pain. I have an 8-yr. old (9 in March) female beagle. Almost a month ago, one morning she... (15529 views)

Dog toe xray. I took my dog Cooper to the vet last week and he believed he had a bone... (26098 views)

How to help constipated cat. Our 10 year old cat is constipated. How can we help her? She tried to use the catbox... (6631 views)

Lentigo on a cat. Hi Dr. Marie... My 3.5 year old tortoiseshell cat has developed a black freckle... (22762 views)

Vomiting, diarrhea, sneezing. My 4 month old kitten has vomited twice this morning. He has also coughed and... (20264 views)