Bloated stomach in Papillion.

Breed: papillion mixed with
my dog had a bloated stomach and had trouble going to the bathroom and the next day he went to the bathroom but now he is laying down on his stomach and wen anybody touches his stomach area he wnines in pain and he is just there wat should i do wats wrong with him plz help me

I'm sorry to hear that Hunter is not feeling well. It sounds like he is quite sick and likely needs to see a vet.

There are a number of things that could be causing his symptoms.

One possibility is a condition called bloat. However, this is not very common in little dogs (but can still happen). With bloat the stomach twists and fills up with air. It is very painful and if not treated will lead to death.

It's also possible that he has eaten something that has become lodged in his intestines. Again, this is a serious problem.

It could be that what we thought was difficulty in having a bowel movement actually was straining because of cramping. If he is really sore in his belly he may have a condition called pancreatitis. Pancreatitis is usually caused by eating something really fatty but often we don't find the cause. Pancreatitis is life threatening and needs to be treated in a veterinary hospital.

I wish I could tell you more, but the best advice I can give you is to see your vet right away.

Lesion on cat's neck Hello, My cat had a lesion on his neck, it caused him no obvious pain. I... (7229 views)

Swollen ankle on dog. I have a 3 year old chocolate lab. He is very active. His right hind leg has a... (78464 views)

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (7639 views)

Best flea preventive for cats. Bella is an indoor/outdoor cat; free to roam during the day, but we keep her in at... (4321 views)

Metronidazole and liver disease. My dog was diagnosed with sudden liver failure brought on by Interceptor. He got... (24996 views)

Did kitten have heatstroke. the other day i tried to rescue a stray kitten who was suffering from heat stroke,... (8893 views)

Swelling on neck. I just noticed that when my dog barks the right side of her neck swells about 1-2... (4028 views)

Dog has horrible breath. How can i stop my dogs horriable breath. like home things that i could do like... (9203 views)

Is my hamster dead? My hamster isn't moving like he used too. His eyes are always opened and he isn't... (12878 views)

Wound on dog's ear. Hello, my puppy has a tiny hole underneath his ear flap. It's red and I worry its... (11430 views)