Bloated stomach in Papillion.

Breed: papillion mixed with
my dog had a bloated stomach and had trouble going to the bathroom and the next day he went to the bathroom but now he is laying down on his stomach and wen anybody touches his stomach area he wnines in pain and he is just there wat should i do wats wrong with him plz help me

I'm sorry to hear that Hunter is not feeling well. It sounds like he is quite sick and likely needs to see a vet.

There are a number of things that could be causing his symptoms.

One possibility is a condition called bloat. However, this is not very common in little dogs (but can still happen). With bloat the stomach twists and fills up with air. It is very painful and if not treated will lead to death.

It's also possible that he has eaten something that has become lodged in his intestines. Again, this is a serious problem.

It could be that what we thought was difficulty in having a bowel movement actually was straining because of cramping. If he is really sore in his belly he may have a condition called pancreatitis. Pancreatitis is usually caused by eating something really fatty but often we don't find the cause. Pancreatitis is life threatening and needs to be treated in a veterinary hospital.

I wish I could tell you more, but the best advice I can give you is to see your vet right away.

Coughing cat. i have a indoor cat - about 10 years old... she had been staying in our... (11634 views)

In heat and shaking her head. My dog has been vomiting and had diarrhea for the last 2-3 days. She has been in... (5275 views)

Epsom salt vs table salt. hi my cat keeps limping on his leg i have checked it and it isnt his leg thats the... (15721 views)

Milk coming out nose. Hi my dog has just had pups 5 weeks ago an since day one, one of the puppies has... (23910 views)

Dog ate toy. Yes, he's at it again. Last night, 9 pm, I bought him a toy penguine to chew on.... (112154 views)

Suddenly jumps up. I have a dauschund and sheltie mix dog. He's about 3 years old. I've had him for 2... (64324 views)

ACTH Stim my dog went for acht testing on friday to look for addisons disease te vet isnt in... (8581 views)

Peeing in house. We live in a 2 story 5 bedroom house. I have a male 14 year old pure bred Ragdoll... (8652 views)

Raw, sore nose. Hi there I have a 5 year old Malamute named Mika about a year ago she was attatcked... (8594 views)

Old deaf dog. my dog is 16 yrs old and since he's gone deaf he gets very agitated when left,... (8315 views)