Tramadol online.

Breed: Englisg Mastiff
My 8 year old English mastiff has pain due to hop problems. Her vet has prescribed tramadol which has worked very well. The issue is that I buy it from my vet and it is very expensive. A friend suggested buying it online. Can you recommend a legitimate site to buy tramadol online that might be less expensive than buying from the vet.

Thanks for your question. There are a number of places where you can buy tramadol online. However, you need to have a prescription from your vet in order to do this.

Most vets are probably ok with writing a prescription for you to fill online. However, many will charge a fee that is greater than their regular prescription fee in order to do this for you. On the surface it might look like they're just charging this to get you to purchase the medication with them. However, in my experience I have found that doing the work to get a client medication via an online pharmacy can be a lot more work for the vet than just writing a prescription, especially when the drug in question is a controlled substance. Often the pharmacy will request special paperwork or even request time on the phone with the vet and sometimes this work can take a significant amount of time.

With that being said, I believe that in some states there is legislation that the vet cannot charge more for a prescription to be filled at on online pharmacy than any other prescription. (I could be wrong on this though.)

The best advice that I can give you is to ask your veterinarian which online pharmacy they recommend. They may have had better results communicating with some pharmacies than others.

Unfortunately I can't really legally recommend an online pharmacy to use. Again, asking your vet for recommendations would be best.

Another option that you could ask your vet about is whether they could write a script for you to have filled at a local pharmacy. You may possibly be able to get medication for less expensive there as well.

Hope that helps,

Repeat of parvo? my 3 puppies got parvo last week (6/29/2010)they were only 3 months old and they all... (22059 views)

Problems after anesthetic. My cat was put on anesthia for the blood draw, which was not approved by me. This... (22628 views)

Brain and thyroid cancer. Hello Dr. Marie, I'm so sad to say I lost my boy cancer last week. We first... (14423 views)

Why do cats lick plastic? I have a 2 year old Himalayan Cat named Felix. He will be 3 in April. He drives me... (26606 views)

Cats pooping on the carpet. I have 2 beautiful, loving cats (male/female) 6 years old. They are siblings from... (17264 views)

Mom misses puppies. Our boxer had 2 pups both died, she has taken on a stuffed animal replacement but is... (8185 views)

Dog is balding. can any1 give advice i got a staff dog male hes 4yrs old over the last 5 days hes... (8977 views)

Neuter at 8 weeks? We are trying to decide when to get our male kitten spayed. He is around 2 months... (6375 views)

High ALP in a pug. Hi Dr. Marie, I have a 7yr old female Pug. She was getting "pyoderma" every few... (33056 views)

Cat is urinating on my bed. Hi Dr Marie, You may not remember me - I'm from Australia, my partner and I email... (8179 views)