Puppy throwing up 3 days.

Breed: chihuahua /datson mi
My kids brought home a new puppy I have no money she has been here for 2 weeks I know she has worms and I am getting the medication for that from a friend tomorrow but for the last 3 days she has been throwing up, she does not have fever and her activity is normal she eats and drinks as well the only symptom she has it the vomiting...do you know whats wrong with her or what I can do to help her until I have money for the clinic to see her?

I'm sorry to hear that your puppy is not doing well. I do not often say this, but I really think you should reconsider whether you can own a dog. I see so many animals that cannot be taken care of properly because of money concerns.

However, I understand that this could just be a short term time for you with money problems.

In either way though it sounds like this puppy needs to see a vet if the deworming medication does not do the trick. Sometimes worms can cause a puppy to vomit. But, often there are other reasons.

If the puppy starts to get lethargic, or doesn't want to eat then she must be seen right away. Puppies can get dehydrated really quickly.

Any time I see a puppy that is vomiting I get concerned about parvo virus which is really serious.

As long as she is still eating well you don't need to be giving any medications or supplements. If she is not eating you can try giving her some unsweetened pedialyte to help with dehydration until you can have a vet visit.

Older cat with vomiting and white nose. My cat is a 13y.o., outdoor (day) / indoor (night), mouser/birder, and has been a... (16746 views)

Coughing puppy. My 3 month old puppy is trying to hack/cough up as if she has something stuck in... (11469 views)

Anxious lab. He is over weight 16-17 years old male last sat myself(brian) and my wife and son... (5822 views)

Purple feces. Why is my dog's poop... (14330 views)

Meowing and growling cat. I am having problems with my 15 year old neutered cat. She has always been... (12886 views)

Dog ate a grape. Hi, My 2 year old miniature schnauzer ate a red seedless grape about 20 minutes... (11436 views)

Scabs on cat's ears. Our cat has spots on her ears that look like bites or sores. We have had her to the... (8846 views)

Housetraining advice for puppy. I need housetraining advice. I got my new puppy a week ago and she is peeing on the... (8651 views)

Swollen throat. over night my dogs thropat and cheeks have swallon really bad (looks like a hamster... (22950 views)

Dog can't move hind legs. What happens if your dog can't move her hind legs without them sliding out from... (14544 views)