Puppy throwing up 3 days.

Breed: chihuahua /datson mi
My kids brought home a new puppy I have no money she has been here for 2 weeks I know she has worms and I am getting the medication for that from a friend tomorrow but for the last 3 days she has been throwing up, she does not have fever and her activity is normal she eats and drinks as well the only symptom she has it the vomiting...do you know whats wrong with her or what I can do to help her until I have money for the clinic to see her?

I'm sorry to hear that your puppy is not doing well. I do not often say this, but I really think you should reconsider whether you can own a dog. I see so many animals that cannot be taken care of properly because of money concerns.

However, I understand that this could just be a short term time for you with money problems.

In either way though it sounds like this puppy needs to see a vet if the deworming medication does not do the trick. Sometimes worms can cause a puppy to vomit. But, often there are other reasons.

If the puppy starts to get lethargic, or doesn't want to eat then she must be seen right away. Puppies can get dehydrated really quickly.

Any time I see a puppy that is vomiting I get concerned about parvo virus which is really serious.

As long as she is still eating well you don't need to be giving any medications or supplements. If she is not eating you can try giving her some unsweetened pedialyte to help with dehydration until you can have a vet visit.

Incontinence and balance issues. We have a dog breed and age unknown is a stray all of a sudden she has started... (17381 views)

Dark sticky diarrhea. My 14yr old poodle has diarrhea and an upset stomach (he keeps eating grass in the... (14194 views)

Vaccines in Nunavut. Hi, We live in the high arctic and don't have access to vet services and thus... (5968 views)

Seizures due to brain tumor? Hello I have a 9 year old standard poodle (neutured) that has had a seizure episode... (18561 views)

Licking at private parts. I have a Indoor Male Maine Coon Cat 3 years 9mnths old, Eats 4 times a day Raw food... (11701 views)

Guinea Pig Pregnancy info. Hi, i bought a guinea pig from a pet store about a month ago and now, i think shes... (14988 views)

Hypothyroidism, diabetes and glaucoma. my 10 year old lab is hypo thyroid and diabetic 12 units twice a day. she has gone... (8939 views)

Licking feet. My cat has suddenly been licking her back paws consistently and thumping them... (9055 views)

High lipase and triglycerides. Hi Dr. Marie I am following up with you regarding Oreo's Vacuolar Hepatopathy... (7708 views)

Dog won't eat. HELP! Starting I think Thursday or Friday Max ate but was easily distracted. I'd... (26184 views)