Puppy throwing up 3 days.

Breed: chihuahua /datson mi
My kids brought home a new puppy I have no money she has been here for 2 weeks I know she has worms and I am getting the medication for that from a friend tomorrow but for the last 3 days she has been throwing up, she does not have fever and her activity is normal she eats and drinks as well the only symptom she has it the vomiting...do you know whats wrong with her or what I can do to help her until I have money for the clinic to see her?

I'm sorry to hear that your puppy is not doing well. I do not often say this, but I really think you should reconsider whether you can own a dog. I see so many animals that cannot be taken care of properly because of money concerns.

However, I understand that this could just be a short term time for you with money problems.

In either way though it sounds like this puppy needs to see a vet if the deworming medication does not do the trick. Sometimes worms can cause a puppy to vomit. But, often there are other reasons.

If the puppy starts to get lethargic, or doesn't want to eat then she must be seen right away. Puppies can get dehydrated really quickly.

Any time I see a puppy that is vomiting I get concerned about parvo virus which is really serious.

As long as she is still eating well you don't need to be giving any medications or supplements. If she is not eating you can try giving her some unsweetened pedialyte to help with dehydration until you can have a vet visit.

Toxoplasmosis questions. 1) My cat is an outdoor cat. I know he is at risk for getting the parasite that... (13979 views)

Cat's leg swollen. Hi there. I've spent an hour or more doing research about this online, and I'm at a... (9944 views)

Dog shedding like crazy. my dog is shedding like crazy year round what should i do? ... (12311 views)

Not eating or using litter box. about 4 or 5 days ago my cat stopped eating and using the bethroom for about 2 days.... (15788 views)

Dog eating dirt. My dog consumes grass and now wants to eat dirt when outside exercising despite a... (18241 views)

Tramadol not working. He is on Tramodol 50 mg 3x a day plus 80lbs of Metacam for Arthritis. He was put on... (16742 views)

Lymphangectasia in a dog Hi Dr, Sorry to bother you again. Max's biopsies came back. strong... (9694 views)

Phenobarbital and Zonisamide. Ziggy had cluster seizures as a puppy and we have been controlling them (averages... (9982 views)

Charcoal briquette My Yorkie, male-6 pounds, was in the garden where my husband threw burn,... (41628 views)

Cat pawing at mouth My cat has been like this for 2 days now, he looked like he was chokeing at first,... (30221 views)