Puppy throwing up 3 days.

Breed: chihuahua /datson mi
My kids brought home a new puppy I have no money she has been here for 2 weeks I know she has worms and I am getting the medication for that from a friend tomorrow but for the last 3 days she has been throwing up, she does not have fever and her activity is normal she eats and drinks as well the only symptom she has it the vomiting...do you know whats wrong with her or what I can do to help her until I have money for the clinic to see her?

I'm sorry to hear that your puppy is not doing well. I do not often say this, but I really think you should reconsider whether you can own a dog. I see so many animals that cannot be taken care of properly because of money concerns.

However, I understand that this could just be a short term time for you with money problems.

In either way though it sounds like this puppy needs to see a vet if the deworming medication does not do the trick. Sometimes worms can cause a puppy to vomit. But, often there are other reasons.

If the puppy starts to get lethargic, or doesn't want to eat then she must be seen right away. Puppies can get dehydrated really quickly.

Any time I see a puppy that is vomiting I get concerned about parvo virus which is really serious.

As long as she is still eating well you don't need to be giving any medications or supplements. If she is not eating you can try giving her some unsweetened pedialyte to help with dehydration until you can have a vet visit.

Possible degnerative myelopathy. My 12 year old Chesapeake Bay Retreiver has been diagnosed with degenerative disc... (7417 views)

Urinating in house. Bella has started urinating in places other than her litter box. She has not been... (4554 views)

Allergic to grass? My dog has a rash on his belly that has red whelps. Itches a lot. Licking and... (16472 views)

Kitten is walking funny. Recently I have noticed that our new addition to the family has been walking... (13028 views)

Dog with small pink lump. My dog has a smallish lump on her back which is sort of pinkish in colour but dosn't... (18854 views)

Tea Tree Oil Toxicity. Tea tree oil extract was put on the neck and spine of the dog for flea prevention. ... (15881 views)

Cat with bald belly. Our cat (6 years old) has bitten off the hair on her stomach. Our vet (in Latvia)... (11785 views)

Itchy lump on eyelid. I have a 2 year old Shepherd mix, and he has developed a pink mole/growth on his... (7007 views)

Dog can't jump. My dog keeps shaking and isn't acting herself. Her whole body is shaking but it is... (21618 views)

White vaginal discharge. Dr. Marie, My female unspayed GSD 4yrs old has a milky like discharge from her... (17410 views)