Puppy throwing up 3 days.

Breed: chihuahua /datson mi
My kids brought home a new puppy I have no money she has been here for 2 weeks I know she has worms and I am getting the medication for that from a friend tomorrow but for the last 3 days she has been throwing up, she does not have fever and her activity is normal she eats and drinks as well the only symptom she has it the vomiting...do you know whats wrong with her or what I can do to help her until I have money for the clinic to see her?

I'm sorry to hear that your puppy is not doing well. I do not often say this, but I really think you should reconsider whether you can own a dog. I see so many animals that cannot be taken care of properly because of money concerns.

However, I understand that this could just be a short term time for you with money problems.

In either way though it sounds like this puppy needs to see a vet if the deworming medication does not do the trick. Sometimes worms can cause a puppy to vomit. But, often there are other reasons.

If the puppy starts to get lethargic, or doesn't want to eat then she must be seen right away. Puppies can get dehydrated really quickly.

Any time I see a puppy that is vomiting I get concerned about parvo virus which is really serious.

As long as she is still eating well you don't need to be giving any medications or supplements. If she is not eating you can try giving her some unsweetened pedialyte to help with dehydration until you can have a vet visit.

Lump on hamster's toe. Hey! A week or 2 ago I noticed a tiny reddish pink bump on one of the toes on my... (20581 views)

Dog snaps when head touched. Dear Dr. Marie, Our 7 year old bichon frise has started new concerning behavior.... (9962 views)

Hair loss and hyperthyroidism. Dear Dr. Marie, I have had my cat Cody for five years. He was a stray cat who was... (21302 views)

Stop barking at other dogs. hello when my dog is in the yard, she will bark at other dogs passing. she is a... (7144 views)

Hydrocode side effect? My dog is a 16-1/2 year old Wheaten who has had two seizures at a groomers. I took... (10874 views)

Effects of tobacco on dogs. wat happens wen u feed ur dog a piece of levi garrett tabacco wit his... (13155 views)

Kittens not eating or nursing My cat had 5 kittens 5 weeks ago. Recently, she has stopped feeding them and taking... (15317 views)

Cat has a sore mouth. My cat does this thing with her mouth as if there's something stuck in her tooth but... (23663 views)

Seizures...brain tumor? Hello Dr. Marie, I have an interesting scenario for you. Our Aussie is 13 and as... (8511 views)

Boxer having seizures. Questions about seizures and MRI. Hello, My question is VERY similar to the... (9868 views)