Puppy throwing up 3 days.

Breed: chihuahua /datson mi
My kids brought home a new puppy I have no money she has been here for 2 weeks I know she has worms and I am getting the medication for that from a friend tomorrow but for the last 3 days she has been throwing up, she does not have fever and her activity is normal she eats and drinks as well the only symptom she has it the vomiting...do you know whats wrong with her or what I can do to help her until I have money for the clinic to see her?

I'm sorry to hear that your puppy is not doing well. I do not often say this, but I really think you should reconsider whether you can own a dog. I see so many animals that cannot be taken care of properly because of money concerns.

However, I understand that this could just be a short term time for you with money problems.

In either way though it sounds like this puppy needs to see a vet if the deworming medication does not do the trick. Sometimes worms can cause a puppy to vomit. But, often there are other reasons.

If the puppy starts to get lethargic, or doesn't want to eat then she must be seen right away. Puppies can get dehydrated really quickly.

Any time I see a puppy that is vomiting I get concerned about parvo virus which is really serious.

As long as she is still eating well you don't need to be giving any medications or supplements. If she is not eating you can try giving her some unsweetened pedialyte to help with dehydration until you can have a vet visit.

dog with bumps on head My dog has 2-3 little lumps on her head, She is smooothe coated, You can feel them... (26897 views)

Is rescue cat in pain? Hello I took in a stray female cat about 10 days ago. HER behaviour is odd. She... (8579 views)

Ate tag from pillow case. My dog ate a tag like the one on a pillow what should i... (10178 views)

Coughing kitten. I have a 6 wk old rescued kitten who in the past 2 days has developed a horrible... (14284 views)

Lots of problems. Dear Dr Marie, Here's the link to our ongoing... (10680 views)

Ear Cleaning. I'd like to know is a vinegar and water solution a good home remedy for my dogs... (25853 views)

Cat with crusty areas. Hello, I'd like some advice on diagnosis and treatment for my cat. She has had... (12999 views)

Puppy vomiting and not eating. my do seems to be sick she will not really eat and she has lost most of her energy... (13972 views)

Vulva dermatitis. Good Morning Doctor: My 6 year old Golden(Honey) has an infection around her female... (26011 views)

How to keep dogs from breeding. Hi there, I have a one year old female Beagle/Boxer mix and a Lab/pitt mix... (5957 views)