Bloody pee in dalmatian.

Breed: dalmation

what does it mean when his pee has blood in it? what should i do ?

Blood in urine is always an indication that it's time to see the vet.

For a Dalmatian, it's very possible that there are bladder stones or crystals present. Dalmatians can be prone to getting something called urate stones. Sometimes if we catch them early enough they can be treated with medication and possibly special food (like Hill's U/D). But sometimes, if left too long, they can form stones and make surgery a necessity.

Another possibility is a bladder infection. If this is the case then he will need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

There are other less likely possibilities such as a prostate infection (if he is not neutered) or a bladder tumor.

I'd advise a vet check as soon as you can!

Dog is afraid of people. I have a shy dog and a trainer told me to densitize her to her fears. she is afraid... (8105 views)

Lump between toes. I have noticed an irregular-shaped, red in colour, bumpy lump on the webbing in... (16149 views)

Allergic to grass? My dog has a rash on his belly that has red whelps. Itches a lot. Licking and... (19904 views)

Separation anxiety. Dear Dr. Marie, My family and I adopted Champ, who is a 2 1/2 year old... (9009 views)

Trifexis overdose. My approx 4-5lb teacup Pomeranian ate HALF of the Trifexis meant for a 60-120lb dog... (7471 views)

Red liquid in rats eyes. My rat has no energy and she has red liquid comimg out her eyes and she is shaking... (14403 views)

Dog ate Sentinel Shug got into the Sentinel package...pills are missing...what is the... (23408 views)

Mast cell tumors on penis. I have a healthy 11 yr old Chihuahua named Tyson who has mitotic cancer/mast cell... (19509 views)

Bumps on schnauzer. Hi Dr. Marie, Firstly, I'd like to thank you for this very valuable, yet... (40621 views)

8 month old kitten producing milk. Hi. My 5 month old kitten (Macy) has been trying to nurse from my 8 month old cat... (7751 views)