Bloody pee in dalmatian.

Breed: dalmation

what does it mean when his pee has blood in it? what should i do ?

Blood in urine is always an indication that it's time to see the vet.

For a Dalmatian, it's very possible that there are bladder stones or crystals present. Dalmatians can be prone to getting something called urate stones. Sometimes if we catch them early enough they can be treated with medication and possibly special food (like Hill's U/D). But sometimes, if left too long, they can form stones and make surgery a necessity.

Another possibility is a bladder infection. If this is the case then he will need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

There are other less likely possibilities such as a prostate infection (if he is not neutered) or a bladder tumor.

I'd advise a vet check as soon as you can!

Cat aggressive with new kitten. I just got a new kitten but one of the cats in my house is attacking him. Ever... (17145 views)

Dog can't poop. okay hi how r u doing? my little dog she is a puppy she is 8 months she cant booboo... (16720 views)

Shih Tzu is getting old. Edward is 14 years old We have noticed a couple of issues with him lately. About... (32217 views)

Blood in urine. I have taken my dog to 2 vets, and had numerous tests. I noticed she was peeing... (6553 views)

Hill's k/d for bladder stones Nigel developed kidney stones and had surgery to removed them and re-route the... (10486 views)

Tramadol and SAMe Hello Dr. Marie! I feel like Oreo and I have become somewhat of a regular here on... (16415 views)

Testicle tumor and incontinence. my 11 year old dog has a swollen testicle, (a friend told me it may be a tumor), he... (10754 views)

Dog afraid of dogs and people. hello i have a 7 month old puppy and every time she comes into cintact with another... (10041 views)

Questions about seizures and MRI. Dr., We are in a dilemma and don't know what to do. Our pet, BooBoo, our beatiful... (66206 views)

Unneutered dog bit child. Hello Dr. Marie, Our 9 year old Border Collie has no history of aggression or... (11261 views)