Bloody pee in dalmatian.

Breed: dalmation

what does it mean when his pee has blood in it? what should i do ?

Blood in urine is always an indication that it's time to see the vet.

For a Dalmatian, it's very possible that there are bladder stones or crystals present. Dalmatians can be prone to getting something called urate stones. Sometimes if we catch them early enough they can be treated with medication and possibly special food (like Hill's U/D). But sometimes, if left too long, they can form stones and make surgery a necessity.

Another possibility is a bladder infection. If this is the case then he will need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

There are other less likely possibilities such as a prostate infection (if he is not neutered) or a bladder tumor.

I'd advise a vet check as soon as you can!

Cisapride to a cat that is not eating? My cat has mega colon and been on cisapride and lactulose for 2 1/2 years. She has... (10006 views)

Diabetic cat diet. Hi, I am the owner of two siamese cats (female) from same litter - 11.5 years old.... (11439 views)

Heart disease or cancer? Lazarus is still fighting. I appreciated that you understood my humor on the last... (4682 views)

Cat vomiting and not eating. Hi Dr. Marie...I wonder if you could help me figure out if my cat is really sick. ... (29508 views)

Cat howling at night. Our 25 yo orange tiger stripe male developed kidney failure and we had to make the... (8700 views)

Can a neutered dog breed? Hi, I have a 2 year old chihuahua weighs 4 pounds named Frenchy Fry. I nuetered him... (26325 views)

Do cats prefer litter? My cat just started using the bathroom floor and areas on the carpet at litter... (7281 views)

Lump after vaccines. We took Max to the vet for shots. The vet gave them to him on his lower back and he... (33254 views)

Sick, limping puppy. Good Evening I know my puppy needs to go to the vet however the vet will not be... (8592 views)

Cat regurgitating fluid. We have a (female) calico cat who was regurgitating 4 - 5 times per day and not... (9245 views)