Bloody pee in dalmatian.

Breed: dalmation

what does it mean when his pee has blood in it? what should i do ?

Blood in urine is always an indication that it's time to see the vet.

For a Dalmatian, it's very possible that there are bladder stones or crystals present. Dalmatians can be prone to getting something called urate stones. Sometimes if we catch them early enough they can be treated with medication and possibly special food (like Hill's U/D). But sometimes, if left too long, they can form stones and make surgery a necessity.

Another possibility is a bladder infection. If this is the case then he will need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

There are other less likely possibilities such as a prostate infection (if he is not neutered) or a bladder tumor.

I'd advise a vet check as soon as you can!

Tracheal collapse. I was wondering if a mild case of collapse trachea in a 5 month old puppy will... (5620 views)

Trouble swallowing. My 6-year-old shepherd developed a major mucus production problem in the last month.... (13218 views)

Cancer in a cat's chest. Hi there, I hope this wont be too long, but I want to provide the history of the... (9490 views)

Repair hernia now? My pitbull puppy has an umbilical hernia, about the size of a half dollar. She shows... (6164 views)

Getting cat to lose weight. Dear Dr Marie, We have just adopted a fat cat, and are trying to reduce his weight.... (5407 views)

Atropine? I live in a tiny town in Nicaragua and there is no vet...just a veterinary food and... (6062 views)

Puppy leaking urine. My puppy seems to be going pee while he sleeps .. He's 7 weeks old. Is this normal?... (8818 views)

Recessed vulva I have a customer that claims the dog she bought from me has perivulvar pyoderma. ... (26343 views)

Swollen penis Charlie's penis is enlarged and pussing but the puss is not excessive. I really... (50162 views)

Full anal glands. full anal... (6389 views)