Bloody pee in dalmatian.

Breed: dalmation

what does it mean when his pee has blood in it? what should i do ?

Blood in urine is always an indication that it's time to see the vet.

For a Dalmatian, it's very possible that there are bladder stones or crystals present. Dalmatians can be prone to getting something called urate stones. Sometimes if we catch them early enough they can be treated with medication and possibly special food (like Hill's U/D). But sometimes, if left too long, they can form stones and make surgery a necessity.

Another possibility is a bladder infection. If this is the case then he will need antibiotics prescribed by the vet.

There are other less likely possibilities such as a prostate infection (if he is not neutered) or a bladder tumor.

I'd advise a vet check as soon as you can!

Seizures in sleep? My dog is 15 years old he has previously about 4 years ago had a tumor removed near... (6376 views)

Oozing boil on dog's paw. My dog has a sort of woozing boil on her paw and all around it there is hair loss... (12355 views)

Seizures and vomiting. Sunday 11 pm to midnight Klyde had his first gran mal seizure during which he... (43749 views)

Bruising on neck. My mini dachshund went in for a dental cleaning, which the vet said went as normal.... (11236 views)

Scrubbing Bubbles toxic? My Toulouse is a male. I discovered one day that after I would exit the shower &... (21599 views)

Infection on leg. My dog has been licking his inner thigh to the point where it is very red and there... (19212 views)

Charcoal briquette My Yorkie, male-6 pounds, was in the garden where my husband threw burn,... (38490 views)

Cat behavior problem. We got a 13 year old girl recently (just months ago, not even a year). And we have a... (10311 views)

Pattern baldness in dogs. Hi Dr. Marie, I have noticed that over the last few months my dog seems to be... (10584 views)

Large scab on cat's neck Dear Dr. Marie, My cat has a scab on its back, it's L shaped and is uniformly... (13873 views)