Do male cats go into heat?

Breed: not a breed cat
Hi, I recived a new male cat and I would like to know if exist a "tablett" or something to prevent "heat". I don't want to caste him actually.
Thank you,
Chantal

Only female cats go in and out of heat. A heat cycle is in response to ovaries producing eggs.

A male cat will have high levels of testosterone at all times if he is not castrated.

There is no solution to reducing this testosterone other than castrating him. Cats handle this procedure extremely well.

There really is no reason not to get him neutered!

Non itchy bald spots. She has 3 bald spots on her head and 2-3 more around her body. Took her to the vet... (18524 views)

Cat behavior problem. We got a 13 year old girl recently (just months ago, not even a year). And we have a... (12580 views)

Red dots on dog's abdomen. Hello. My dog Biscuit has been having red dots like skin under his abdominal. It... (7488 views)

Dog's eye is closed. Hello, My dog was playing with his toy and shaking it around and when he was... (42956 views)

Pregnant cat question. Back in March approx. around the 9th my cat Faith went into heat. During this time... (34663 views)

Dog bite wound. Hello, My dog got bit by a Pit bull on Saturday 9/1. I was not able to take him to... (14920 views)

Cat bitten by dog. My cat recently got bit by a dog. he has a huge hole on his left leg kind of toward... (9307 views)

Tumor behind eye. hi dr marie,enjoy your website and read all the dog related problems! my girl... (12767 views)

In pain after spay. Our dog got spayed 2 days ago and she still cries in pain quite a bit. I was... (13444 views)

Time for euthanasia? I am nearing the end with my 12-yr old rescued German Shepherd dog. He has been a... (29568 views)