Do male cats go into heat?

Breed: not a breed cat
Hi, I recived a new male cat and I would like to know if exist a "tablett" or something to prevent "heat". I don't want to caste him actually.
Thank you,
Chantal

Only female cats go in and out of heat. A heat cycle is in response to ovaries producing eggs.

A male cat will have high levels of testosterone at all times if he is not castrated.

There is no solution to reducing this testosterone other than castrating him. Cats handle this procedure extremely well.

There really is no reason not to get him neutered!

Older dog acting strange. I have had Dakota since he was 3 months old and he will be 12 in January. The... (10872 views)

Radiation danger to pets? I am currently undergoing radioactive iodine therapy and my doctor says that I need... (33477 views)

Limping cat. We have an outside cat who is about 12 years old. Up until recently she has looked... (7692 views)

Itchy mouth in a dog. For quite sometime now she has been experiencing something that is irritating her... (66157 views)

Dog was limping and death. My dog was favoring his left front leg and he is an outside dog with lots of energy,... (14070 views)

One puppy in litter died. I had five yookiepoo pups. One has died. Yesterday was the first day that it acted... (14894 views)

Dog licking his penis. My dog was groomed today and is licking his penis excessively (even stopping during... (47248 views)

Should I get a guinea pig? Dear Dr. Marie, I live in Seattle, Washington, USA. I'm interested in having two... (7807 views)

Poop caked on bum. I saw that my dog was acting stangely, so I examined him and saw that his bottom is... (21539 views)

Should I do these tests? I have two shih tzu's from the same litter. They were born on 1/29/09, so they are... (15277 views)