Cat with broken pelvis-not eating.

Breed: Domestic shorthair
My kitty has a broken left pelvis, which happened 8 days ago. Today she has changed, not eating, not drinking, stairing at things not there and hissing....what is wrong with her??!!! Im afraid she will die!!!!

Has this kitten seen a vet? If not, she needs to see one right away!

While some cats can heal from a broken pelvis with a period of a few weeks of rest some need to have surgery in order to get better.

If your vet feels that your cat can heal with rest, then it may be that she is having these symptoms because of pain. Your vet can prescribe a pain medication. Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine that is safe for cats for pain.

Is she urinating ok? Some cats with a pelvis fracture can develop serious bladder issues.

It's also possible that she has some infection developing if she had any wounds in her accident. If this is the case then she will need antibiotics prescribed by your vet.

It really sounds like she needs to see a vet right away!

Gradual change of food? Hello, I reside in South Korea and I am the father of 3 cocker spaniels. Recently... (8489 views)

Small puppy. Rnt? Hi, I just purchased a purebred BullMastiff puppy. He is very happy and seems to... (28713 views)

Orange urine and trouble walking. my dog is a rottweiler not sure if he is a cross or not and unsure off the age but... (8238 views)

ECG for heart murmur? Hi, We have an 8 year old european shorthair cat who was recently diagnosed as... (9595 views)

Dog ate battery fluid. My dog chewed up a AA battery. It doesn't appear that she ingested any pieces of it... (16517 views)

Recessed vulva I have a customer that claims the dog she bought from me has perivulvar pyoderma. ... (27185 views)

Freckles on a dog's belly. Francois has developed some brown spots on his belly and testicles. He licks in... (21780 views)

Vomiting kitten. My 4 week kitten was abandoned by his mom when he was a few days old. He is very... (5735 views)

Does my dog have mange? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a little 8 month old chihuahua. His name is chico and he has... (8391 views)

Cat with diarrhea but eating. My 12 year old tabby had watery diarrhea and vomited 1 night ago. I took food away... (24211 views)