Cat with broken pelvis-not eating.

Breed: Domestic shorthair
My kitty has a broken left pelvis, which happened 8 days ago. Today she has changed, not eating, not drinking, stairing at things not there and hissing....what is wrong with her??!!! Im afraid she will die!!!!

Has this kitten seen a vet? If not, she needs to see one right away!

While some cats can heal from a broken pelvis with a period of a few weeks of rest some need to have surgery in order to get better.

If your vet feels that your cat can heal with rest, then it may be that she is having these symptoms because of pain. Your vet can prescribe a pain medication. Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine that is safe for cats for pain.

Is she urinating ok? Some cats with a pelvis fracture can develop serious bladder issues.

It's also possible that she has some infection developing if she had any wounds in her accident. If this is the case then she will need antibiotics prescribed by your vet.

It really sounds like she needs to see a vet right away!

Seizure or heart problem? My sister is younger and home alone until tomorrow. She called me freaking out about... (13266 views)

Dog's eye is closed. Hello, My dog was playing with his toy and shaking it around and when he was... (33700 views)

Not chewing his food. I noticed he isn't chewing his dog food lately. He has always chewed before. I think... (5613 views)

Bladder stones and crystals. Hello Dr. Marie: Last fall and again in April of this year, Jazz got what was... (10978 views)

Xray for hip dysplasia? Hi Dr, I was just wondering as a rule whether I should have Max x-rayed to check... (6087 views)

Vomiting every time she eats. My cat is throwing up every time she eats, what is the... (19138 views)

Is parvo contagious? I am sorry to have to ask this for free. I have been unemployed for over a year now.... (8929 views)

Vet drained cyst. A few months back my dog developed a blocked sweat gland. My former vet basically... (7871 views)

Dog has warm ears. Is it normal for my dog to have warm ears? There is no discharge and the ears are... (86228 views)

Unneutered dog bit child. Hello Dr. Marie, Our 9 year old Border Collie has no history of aggression or... (9468 views)