Cat with broken pelvis-not eating.

Breed: Domestic shorthair
My kitty has a broken left pelvis, which happened 8 days ago. Today she has changed, not eating, not drinking, stairing at things not there and hissing....what is wrong with her??!!! Im afraid she will die!!!!

Has this kitten seen a vet? If not, she needs to see one right away!

While some cats can heal from a broken pelvis with a period of a few weeks of rest some need to have surgery in order to get better.

If your vet feels that your cat can heal with rest, then it may be that she is having these symptoms because of pain. Your vet can prescribe a pain medication. Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine that is safe for cats for pain.

Is she urinating ok? Some cats with a pelvis fracture can develop serious bladder issues.

It's also possible that she has some infection developing if she had any wounds in her accident. If this is the case then she will need antibiotics prescribed by your vet.

It really sounds like she needs to see a vet right away!

Splenic mastocytosis in a cat I was told for cats with splenic mastocytosis, the treatment of choice is... (14415 views)

Brian tumor? Two months ago, my dog had his first seizure ever. He was taking Gabapentin (disc... (7596 views)

Did I make the right decision? Hello, I guess my question isn't so much of a question but more of a plea for... (44805 views)

Seizures...brain tumor? Hello Dr. Marie, I have an interesting scenario for you. Our Aussie is 13 and as... (7754 views)

Yorkie having seizures. my dog has fits his back legs go stiff he then starts panting excessively his fur is... (10292 views)

Why is my hamster biting me? My hamster bites me only when I take him out of his ball or exercise wheel. Even on... (15075 views)

Very thirsty kitten. Hi there my 9 week old male kitten has been drinking water non stop from his bowl... (13437 views)

Chattering jaw. my 2yr old lhasa apso could just be sitting and his jaw starts to shake non-stop for... (11097 views)

Dog has heart murmur. Hello, Dr. Marie: When my dog was still a puppy, the vet told me that she had a 3... (39297 views)

Dog having seizures. Hi Dr. Marie, My regular vet left to go on holiday today and after calling the... (16872 views)