Cat with broken pelvis-not eating.

Breed: Domestic shorthair
My kitty has a broken left pelvis, which happened 8 days ago. Today she has changed, not eating, not drinking, stairing at things not there and hissing....what is wrong with her??!!! Im afraid she will die!!!!

Has this kitten seen a vet? If not, she needs to see one right away!

While some cats can heal from a broken pelvis with a period of a few weeks of rest some need to have surgery in order to get better.

If your vet feels that your cat can heal with rest, then it may be that she is having these symptoms because of pain. Your vet can prescribe a pain medication. Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine that is safe for cats for pain.

Is she urinating ok? Some cats with a pelvis fracture can develop serious bladder issues.

It's also possible that she has some infection developing if she had any wounds in her accident. If this is the case then she will need antibiotics prescribed by your vet.

It really sounds like she needs to see a vet right away!

Interview tips for veterinary technicians. I actually had a question not related to a pet, if that is okay. What advice would... (5945 views)

Cat's foot is swollen. His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been... (7133 views)

Is vet just trying to make money? I have 3 cats aged 3, 4 and 7. Lately every time I walk into my DVM's off ice I... (8245 views)

Repeated bouts of Giardia. Our 4 month old Boston terrier Gidget was diagnosed with giardia over 6 weeks ago.... (6445 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. Is my dog dying? My dog vomitted yesterday, then she had a very loose stool in my kitchen. She never... (32171 views)

Sick cat. HI. MY cat has been sick for the last two months or so. The last few weeks however,... (10557 views)

Is my cat losing weight? My 15 year old male cat looks and feels like he has lost weight. However, his weight... (5243 views)

Itchy by tail Dr. Marie, my dog always kind of chews/bites/scratches under the right side of his... (6687 views)

OTC sedation for cats. I just brought my two cats home from their dental cleaning and found out that they... (93619 views)

Pink growths on chest of dog. Sometime in the past 4 weeks my dog has developed small string like pink growths on... (14682 views)