Cat with broken pelvis-not eating.

Breed: Domestic shorthair
My kitty has a broken left pelvis, which happened 8 days ago. Today she has changed, not eating, not drinking, stairing at things not there and hissing....what is wrong with her??!!! Im afraid she will die!!!!

Has this kitten seen a vet? If not, she needs to see one right away!

While some cats can heal from a broken pelvis with a period of a few weeks of rest some need to have surgery in order to get better.

If your vet feels that your cat can heal with rest, then it may be that she is having these symptoms because of pain. Your vet can prescribe a pain medication. Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine that is safe for cats for pain.

Is she urinating ok? Some cats with a pelvis fracture can develop serious bladder issues.

It's also possible that she has some infection developing if she had any wounds in her accident. If this is the case then she will need antibiotics prescribed by your vet.

It really sounds like she needs to see a vet right away!

Fecal incontinence. My 11-year-old Pug was diagnosed with a luxating patella at 8 years of age. He was... (7313 views)

Itchy feet, belly, tail. I live in MA with my dog. We went to NY (an hour north of NYC) at the very beginning... (27790 views)

Paraneoplastic syndrome? In 3/2013 after suffering 2 "seizures," Clark was diagnosed with insulinoma from... (5384 views)

Border collie leg problems? Hi Doctor, from Surrey in The UK, We have a gorgeous Border Collie pup. We think... (12254 views)

Grade 4 heart murmur. I brought my cat to the vet because his ear was bothering him the other day. Now it... (15651 views)

Cat falling over. for the last while my cat is having a hard time walking and is falling over. When he... (17713 views)

Dog has itchy bum. Bella is 3 years old. She's been having some anal itching the past few days but... (112087 views)

Baby shampoo for a cat? My cat accidentally got pee on himself after we had to take him somewhere in his... (14287 views)

Is Raid toxic to cats? My fiance lives in Florida and sprays Raid insecticide to kill bugs. In a few months... (90329 views)

How to get cat to eat. I have a cat that developed anorexia. She lost so much weight that she developed... (4633 views)