Cat with broken pelvis-not eating.

Breed: Domestic shorthair
My kitty has a broken left pelvis, which happened 8 days ago. Today she has changed, not eating, not drinking, stairing at things not there and hissing....what is wrong with her??!!! Im afraid she will die!!!!

Has this kitten seen a vet? If not, she needs to see one right away!

While some cats can heal from a broken pelvis with a period of a few weeks of rest some need to have surgery in order to get better.

If your vet feels that your cat can heal with rest, then it may be that she is having these symptoms because of pain. Your vet can prescribe a pain medication. Unfortunately there is no over the counter medicine that is safe for cats for pain.

Is she urinating ok? Some cats with a pelvis fracture can develop serious bladder issues.

It's also possible that she has some infection developing if she had any wounds in her accident. If this is the case then she will need antibiotics prescribed by your vet.

It really sounds like she needs to see a vet right away!

Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam. My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very... (20448 views)

Puppy ate vomit. my dog is crying and has a fever and is very sluggish my wife is pregnant and going... (12194 views)

Vet was rough with my cat. I'm curious as to the process of applying anesthetic to a cat. Namely I witnessed my... (9897 views)

Dog ate a dead bird. he ate a dead bird today,hes been sick once,he seems fine and hes eating,should i... (29677 views)

Lump on boxer's neck. Hi, My six yr. old female boxer has a large AA egg size growth below the right tmj... (55094 views)

Dental problems and weight loss. i think she has a bad tooth,lost of weight,not eating her regular food,gave her rice... (17672 views)

Kitten strangled himself. My kitten just strangled himself and his tounge was blue,hanging out, limp,not... (12501 views)

Cat attacked by dogs. We have 5 dogs and 4 cats (mostly rescues) who have grown up together and have... (33358 views)

Drinking a lot and collapse. My boxer, Tank, has recently began drinking water excessively and then pees all over... (23091 views)

Puppy ate Imodium We think our 11-week-old puppy ate an Imodium. He weighs 6.5 pounds. Do we need to... (26462 views)