Dried blood in ferret's ears.

Breed:
My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that mean?

Some ferrets will have ear wax that is a reddish-brown color and can look like blood.

Are the ears itchy at all? Do you see him scratching? If you scratch the ear does he react by trying to scratch it some more himself? If so, then the most common reason for this would be ear mites.

The most common treatment that vets use to treat ear mites is Revolution.

While ferrets can get ear infections, usually infections are secondary to ear mites.

I hope this helps!

Dose of interceptor? I have a new puppy... he's 8 weeks old and weighs 4.6 lbs. I live in Florida which... (12528 views)

Goat's milk for puppies. Is goat's milk good to give nursing puppies? My puppies won't nurse and I was told... (8733 views)

Nursing cat has no milk. she has difficulty producing milk; one time losing milk early, the second she... (12193 views)

Male rabbits mounting. i have just got two babay rabbits that should be both 10 weeks old male and... (44831 views)

Vomiting undigested food. I read in a magazine Woman's World about your service to give pet medical advice. My... (20937 views)

Time for euthanasia? My 19 year old cat has been ill for some time. For many years I have had to help... (7515 views)

D-Con mice bait ingested. 75 to 80 lb dog ingested D-con mice bait, eliminated it all in bowel movement,... (22156 views)

Severe arthritis. Hi Dr. Marie, My sweet Murphys is displaying weakness in hind legs, (they... (8050 views)

Vet didn't ask my permission. I came home to find my beloved cat unable to stand (seemed drunken) and felt cooler... (9626 views)

Feline acne? Dr. Marie, About a week ago I noticed a small grayish black nodule on my cat's... (32922 views)