Dried blood in ferret's ears.

Breed:
My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that mean?

Some ferrets will have ear wax that is a reddish-brown color and can look like blood.

Are the ears itchy at all? Do you see him scratching? If you scratch the ear does he react by trying to scratch it some more himself? If so, then the most common reason for this would be ear mites.

The most common treatment that vets use to treat ear mites is Revolution.

While ferrets can get ear infections, usually infections are secondary to ear mites.

I hope this helps!

Dog looks depressed. Hello, Dr. My dog is pretty active but he usually looks "depressed" out of the... (8909 views)

Tumor or cystitis? I have a 17-year-old male cat (British short hair). He is in good health, eats and... (12967 views)

Sedative after heartworm treatment? Hello Dr. Marie, I have a 2 and a half year old boxer/lab that is being treated... (13914 views)

Cat is always hungry and stealing food. hi there my female cat tinkerbelle is about two years old and had kittens about 4... (14555 views)

Painful erection My 9 month old dog, Jack, has been getting erections that last up to about 10... (22746 views)

Did cat die from eating fertilizer? Hello, a couple of days ago I found one of my cats dead in the garden. Although he... (11265 views)

Pug died suddenly. Aloha, Our beloved Pug Tobi passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday and as much as I... (9183 views)

Itchy dog. This is a follow on of a question past #2740. Choo Choo's itch has continued all... (7378 views)

Puppy ate vomit. my dog is crying and has a fever and is very sluggish my wife is pregnant and going... (11331 views)

Puppy won't eat or drink. My puppy has not been feeling good for the past 2 days. She doesn't eat or drink... (104357 views)