Dried blood in ferret's ears.

Breed:
My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that mean?

Some ferrets will have ear wax that is a reddish-brown color and can look like blood.

Are the ears itchy at all? Do you see him scratching? If you scratch the ear does he react by trying to scratch it some more himself? If so, then the most common reason for this would be ear mites.

The most common treatment that vets use to treat ear mites is Revolution.

While ferrets can get ear infections, usually infections are secondary to ear mites.

I hope this helps!

Limping Boxer. My dog is a boxer about 2 yrs old. My son stepped on his paw about a week ago and... (15676 views)

Gunky eyes in kittens. Hello, We have four newborn kittens--19 days old. One died 2 days ago--we... (12385 views)

Penis comes out when poops. Our 13 weekd old sprocker spaniel's penis is popping out when he poos. This only... (60219 views)

Bald spots on dog I have 2 staffordshire bullterriers which are brothers 1 of them has lost a spot of... (17229 views)

How does a vet put a dog to sleep? i'm thinking about putting my dog to sleep and i was wondering if i could stay in... (19513 views)

Pregnant dog with a fever? My bitch is pregnant - 63 days from first breeding today. Reproduction specialist... (42120 views)

fleas from puppy We just got a new Puppy. We have had him for a month. Since about 2 weeks after we... (12197 views)

Dog vomiting and limping. as of this morning, Izzy threw up twice, within about 30 seconds, and then stopped.... (91396 views)

KBr Side Effects? I read your answer about seeing severe side effects of KBR and would like your... (13461 views)

High bile acids Hi Dr. Marie Over the course of the past 9 months, my dog Oreo's liver enzymes... (52489 views)