Dried blood in ferret's ears.

Breed:
My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that mean?

Some ferrets will have ear wax that is a reddish-brown color and can look like blood.

Are the ears itchy at all? Do you see him scratching? If you scratch the ear does he react by trying to scratch it some more himself? If so, then the most common reason for this would be ear mites.

The most common treatment that vets use to treat ear mites is Revolution.

While ferrets can get ear infections, usually infections are secondary to ear mites.

I hope this helps!

Give thyroid medicine? Hi there, I live in a remote northern community and we do not have a vet here. My... (7472 views)

Does Pet Calm Work? Dr. Marie My Bobbie has serious trembling normally during the evning and night.... (13607 views)

Cat has poop stuck to bum. My cat was a rescue from a pet hoarder and was taken too young from her mother. She... (10818 views)

Joint pain in a dog. Hello my dog Menew, is a Akita/husky he is 15 years old and has arthrities, some... (14863 views)

Papilloma Virus. My seven month old puppy developed papilloma virus warts on his lips and then his... (24390 views)

Loud noises from belly. I recently noticed loud noises coming from my 14 year old ragdolls tummy. She does... (9302 views)

Cat won't pee or poop. Hi there, I have a nine year old DLH female cat. For 5 years now she has had... (25907 views)

Very sick puppy. Hi there So we bought a puppy from this lady a few days ago. The puppy was fine... (8079 views)

Vomiting after eating. my pet vomits after eating since 20 days with brownish in color,faeces is loose with... (8691 views)

My dog ate goose poop. Dr, Max was walking in the park today and picked up what I believe was an old... (104574 views)