Dried blood in ferret's ears.

Breed:
My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that mean?

Some ferrets will have ear wax that is a reddish-brown color and can look like blood.

Are the ears itchy at all? Do you see him scratching? If you scratch the ear does he react by trying to scratch it some more himself? If so, then the most common reason for this would be ear mites.

The most common treatment that vets use to treat ear mites is Revolution.

While ferrets can get ear infections, usually infections are secondary to ear mites.

I hope this helps!

43 days pregnant and not eating. MY DOG IS 43 DAYS PREGNANT, SHE HAS LOW APETITE, DOCTOR PRESCRIBED PETPRO TABS 1... (9987 views)

Infected spay incision? Dear Dr.Marie, My cat Twiggy had spay surgery 2 days ago. She eats and sleeps... (20790 views)

Vomiting Golden Retriever. I have a 8-year-old golden retriever that has been vomiting for the past 36 hours. ... (17552 views)

Maltese has bald spot on head. We have a two year old Maltese that had a small bald spot on her head when we got... (15013 views)

Relapse of parvo? We recently bought a lab pup that turned up with parvo a few days after bringing it... (25524 views)

Dog pees on the furniture. Rusty is a reserve rescue dog we have had since this summer. He is an absolute joy... (8795 views)

Can a spayed cat get pregnant? OK its OK if you don't answer but be for you look away please im 12 and my cat is... (24408 views)

Cat urinating in the house. We recently switched from clay cat litter to corn. We love it, but one of our two... (8775 views)

Grove snail care. Dear Dr. Marie, Hi. My snail has been burying himself lately, so whenever I want... (14457 views)

Can't close mouth. Hi! My cat is 21 years old. Just recently its like his lower jaw has shifted to the... (12700 views)