Dried blood in ferret's ears.

Breed:
My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that mean?

Some ferrets will have ear wax that is a reddish-brown color and can look like blood.

Are the ears itchy at all? Do you see him scratching? If you scratch the ear does he react by trying to scratch it some more himself? If so, then the most common reason for this would be ear mites.

The most common treatment that vets use to treat ear mites is Revolution.

While ferrets can get ear infections, usually infections are secondary to ear mites.

I hope this helps!

Swelling by anus. King is a healthy, non-nutered male dog. He eats well and most people are shocked... (20799 views)

Hungry and losing weight. hi our cat is scrounging for food 24hrs a day even if he has just eaten. we dont... (7980 views)

Dog eating dirt. My dog consumes grass and now wants to eat dirt when outside exercising despite a... (17898 views)

Vomiting yorkie. Abby is 15 months old. She weighs 2.5-3.0 lbs. She is spayed. My question is that... (23545 views)

Blood in urine. I can not afford to take her to a vet...so here I am. I have just noticed while... (10654 views)

Swollen gums in dog. in end june of 2009 , gingivitus like symptoms appeared in my dog . the vet did... (20818 views)

Rabbit not moving. this morning she was fine, now she is laying lifeless, her belly is flat like she... (7494 views)

Bite wound not healing. My dog was attacked on the weekend and had a puncture wound on her left shoulder.... (20249 views)

Can a dog adapt to a new home? Hello, thanks for taking the time to review my question. Ok, here it goes...The... (8935 views)

Is kennel cough contagious to people? hi my 3 year old standard poodle went to the groomer on wed and today he was... (12078 views)