Dried blood in ferret's ears.

Breed:
My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that mean?

Some ferrets will have ear wax that is a reddish-brown color and can look like blood.

Are the ears itchy at all? Do you see him scratching? If you scratch the ear does he react by trying to scratch it some more himself? If so, then the most common reason for this would be ear mites.

The most common treatment that vets use to treat ear mites is Revolution.

While ferrets can get ear infections, usually infections are secondary to ear mites.

I hope this helps!

Dog is drooling. My dog is drooling non-stop! It just started this morning after I let him... (24125 views)

Good cat foods. Hi Dr.! I'm currently a new cat owner. I found peachie wandering near the new... (18741 views)

Should older dog be spayed? Hi, I have a 10 years old chihuahua, she has no obvious health issues other than... (13161 views)

Large abdomen in cat. We have an 18+ year old cat who is thin and bony, but has a 20" diameter potbelly... (15072 views)

Chronic ehrlichiosis treatment. I have a 7 year old Black Russian Terrier that was diagnosed 1 year ago with... (18264 views)

Dog licking his penis. My dog was groomed today and is licking his penis excessively (even stopping during... (71004 views)

Ear margin dermatosis. Hello, I have a 5 year old over-weight beagle. He's had these small dry crusty... (91667 views)

dog with strabismus Dr. , My Boxer Cooper has what I think is called strabismus or lazy eye. He has... (20423 views)

Cat's foot is swollen. His left back foot is swollen and his paw. Ever since it was swollen he has been... (9622 views)

Parvo recovery. I'M LOOKING AT A PUP THAT IS RECOVERING FROM PARVO. WHAT IS THE RECOVERY TIME AND... (28194 views)