Dog has horrible breath.

Breed: Austrilan shepard
How can i stop my dogs horriable breath. like home things that i could do like things that i might have at my house, i love my dog but i cant go to sleep at nite and i need to wake up early to go to middle school so could you please help me?

The most common reason for a dog to have bad breath is because of a buildup of tartar and plaque on the teeth. Think about how your mouth feels if you don't brush your teeth for a day. Now, imagine going 10 years without brushing your teeth. They would smell too!

At this point, the only thing that will help to get rid of the smell is to have your vet do a dental cleaning under an anesthetic.

It is also possible that he has a tooth infection. Again this would need to be treated by your vet.

If you can't afford a dental cleaning under an anesthetic your vet may be willing to prescribe some antibiotics which will help with the smell, but only for a short while.

Cat puts her paw on my face. Why does my cat Bruski always put her paw on my face when shes sleeping shell keep... (24990 views)

Human mouthwash for dog? Can I give my dog diluted mouthwash (regular people mouthwash) I want to mix a... (21019 views)

Boxer with distended stomach and pale gums ******Urgent Please******CAN NOT AFFORD UPGRADE [Editor's Note: Questions are... (18650 views)

Female dog leaking urine. Dr. Marie My 8yr old shepard mix is leaking urine more days than not she is a... (14027 views)

Coughing and liver problems. Hi there! We are hoping that you can lend us some advice with our baby. Our... (13451 views)

Puppy has diarrhea. i just aquired a 7 month old german shepard/lab mix (already 60 lbs) a week ago and... (17213 views)

Vaginal Discharge. Dr. Marie, I rescued a female unspayed german shepherd from a neighbor's yard a few... (15270 views)

Histolytica in cats. My cat has low levels of histolytica. I was informed it was common and not necessary... (4653 views)

Hamster escaping out lid. hello, my hamster has a rody cage but i noticed the other day that he had biten... (7907 views)

Old cat with lump on paw. Our family cat is 13 to 15 years old. within the last two weeks she has lost her... (7703 views)