Dog has horrible breath.

Breed: Austrilan shepard
How can i stop my dogs horriable breath. like home things that i could do like things that i might have at my house, i love my dog but i cant go to sleep at nite and i need to wake up early to go to middle school so could you please help me?

The most common reason for a dog to have bad breath is because of a buildup of tartar and plaque on the teeth. Think about how your mouth feels if you don't brush your teeth for a day. Now, imagine going 10 years without brushing your teeth. They would smell too!

At this point, the only thing that will help to get rid of the smell is to have your vet do a dental cleaning under an anesthetic.

It is also possible that he has a tooth infection. Again this would need to be treated by your vet.

If you can't afford a dental cleaning under an anesthetic your vet may be willing to prescribe some antibiotics which will help with the smell, but only for a short while.

Seizures due to brain tumor? Hello I have a 9 year old standard poodle (neutured) that has had a seizure episode... (17140 views)

Discharge from vulva. My cat Miss Fitzgibbons who is 3 years old has suddenly become quite weak. She is... (5933 views)

My dog is pooping blood. What does it mean when a dog poops blood? I woke up this morning and there was... (664671 views)

Dog ate Zoloft. please answer this question, please.. my dog chloe has eaten my anti depressants i... (49749 views)

Pimples on dog's stomach. Your Question: Edit Question Our dog suddenly got little pimple-like lesions all... (35500 views)

Sluggish Boxer My Boxer got sluggish on the 20th of March so we took him to the vets. They did... (7749 views)

Hard lump below ribs. My male puppy has a hard lump right below his rib cage (in the center)... is it... (15161 views)

Infected wound? Hi, my cat is indoor and outdoor (she has the face of an Egyptian Mau & its head... (2942 views)

Health problems. WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD... (7418 views)

Swollen paw in a cat. My year old cat's right paw is bloated , I tried to look more closely and the fur... (19123 views)