Dog has horrible breath.

Breed: Austrilan shepard
How can i stop my dogs horriable breath. like home things that i could do like things that i might have at my house, i love my dog but i cant go to sleep at nite and i need to wake up early to go to middle school so could you please help me?

The most common reason for a dog to have bad breath is because of a buildup of tartar and plaque on the teeth. Think about how your mouth feels if you don't brush your teeth for a day. Now, imagine going 10 years without brushing your teeth. They would smell too!

At this point, the only thing that will help to get rid of the smell is to have your vet do a dental cleaning under an anesthetic.

It is also possible that he has a tooth infection. Again this would need to be treated by your vet.

If you can't afford a dental cleaning under an anesthetic your vet may be willing to prescribe some antibiotics which will help with the smell, but only for a short while.

Polysporin on cats? My cat is 21 years old. I HAVE had her to the vet 3 times now with open sores on... (70533 views)

Health problems. WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD... (9537 views)

Swollen paw pad. Max has had a swollen pad(front paw...the one further up the leg) for about a week.... (16546 views)

Sore after shots. This past Sunday my husband gave our 2 dogs their yearly shots. Our 1 dog is now... (21811 views)

Dog barked during euthanasia. Hi Why most likley did my dog bark out when the vet put him to sleep. I thought... (14445 views)

Swollen paw in a cat. My year old cat's right paw is bloated , I tried to look more closely and the fur... (22459 views)

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (5819 views)

Possible degnerative myelopathy. My 12 year old Chesapeake Bay Retreiver has been diagnosed with degenerative disc... (8784 views)

Puppy with diarrhea. Hi, My puppy won't eat and has a soft mushy stool. I just got him Yesterday. Could... (9389 views)

Can I deworm a nursing female dog? BB is nursing 3 week old pups,can she be wormed while... (43241 views)