Dog has horrible breath.

Breed: Austrilan shepard
How can i stop my dogs horriable breath. like home things that i could do like things that i might have at my house, i love my dog but i cant go to sleep at nite and i need to wake up early to go to middle school so could you please help me?

The most common reason for a dog to have bad breath is because of a buildup of tartar and plaque on the teeth. Think about how your mouth feels if you don't brush your teeth for a day. Now, imagine going 10 years without brushing your teeth. They would smell too!

At this point, the only thing that will help to get rid of the smell is to have your vet do a dental cleaning under an anesthetic.

It is also possible that he has a tooth infection. Again this would need to be treated by your vet.

If you can't afford a dental cleaning under an anesthetic your vet may be willing to prescribe some antibiotics which will help with the smell, but only for a short while.

Lethargic kitten after spay. My kitten is around five minths old. She was spayed on July 23rd ish. Since her... (14719 views)

Licking feet. My cat has suddenly been licking her back paws consistently and thumping them... (8295 views)

Best cloth bedding for guinea pigs. I wanted to make a new bed for my guinea pig's house (her "nest"). Are there any... (8061 views)

Is coconut oil good for dogs? Hello, I'm writing to find out if coconut oil is safe and beneficial to feed my... (7872 views)

Occult blood in urine. Hi Dr. Marie This is in regard to Oreo, I dont know if you recall our situation... (10490 views)

Why use jugular vein? Why would my vet take blood out of the neck (jugler (?) vein)? In most cases I've... (17616 views)

White spot on eye. My cat has a greyish white spot on surface of her eye. It is not in the iris nor is... (30189 views)

Cat's tail fell off. My cat is a male, seven year old, siamese crossed with ginger named Skittles. Around... (42286 views)

Heart enlargement? Hi I have a female terrier dog, Fido and she is 9 years old. Couple of months ago my... (5691 views)

Is my cat pregnant? we just opened our home to a female stray cat. i estimated her to be a year old or... (9449 views)