Dog has horrible breath.

Breed: Austrilan shepard
How can i stop my dogs horriable breath. like home things that i could do like things that i might have at my house, i love my dog but i cant go to sleep at nite and i need to wake up early to go to middle school so could you please help me?

The most common reason for a dog to have bad breath is because of a buildup of tartar and plaque on the teeth. Think about how your mouth feels if you don't brush your teeth for a day. Now, imagine going 10 years without brushing your teeth. They would smell too!

At this point, the only thing that will help to get rid of the smell is to have your vet do a dental cleaning under an anesthetic.

It is also possible that he has a tooth infection. Again this would need to be treated by your vet.

If you can't afford a dental cleaning under an anesthetic your vet may be willing to prescribe some antibiotics which will help with the smell, but only for a short while.

Health problems. WE DO NEED A QUICK ANSWER, BUT IN CASE DOG WILL HANG ON, HERE GOES: 10 YRS OLD... (7671 views)

Euthanasia question. Sad day! I had to put my beloved Angel to sleep. Still unnerved by what happened. ... (5018 views)

Possible cherry eye? My dog has red bags coming up from under his lower eye lids and covering half his... (6717 views)

Wheezing then died. We adopted a cat from a family that could not keep him any longer because they just... (7303 views)

Kitten got head caught in door. The kitten got its head caught in the pantry door as it was closing. It seems to... (18686 views)

Biopsy? Dr, As you know Max has been having issues with vomiting and soft stools. 9... (7711 views)

Tick part left in dog? I have just recently removed a tickt from my dog from just above his eye how do I... (7192 views)

Why did my cat die? my 10-year-old cat died today, she had lost weight had yesterday something happened... (11063 views)

Urinating in the house. I have a 6 y.o. Bichon Frisé who should be house trained by now. In fact, he is... (15634 views)

Pooping and peeing outside of box. I own two cats and they're both litter box trained but today my oldest cat pooped... (7121 views)