Hamster too cold?

Breed: Camoels russian dwar
hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and alot during the night, but now shes sleeping most the day,and half the night, and the last night my mom was petting her, and my mom said that she felt a little cold. I just wanted to know that if the sleeping alot is just frim her being cold? thanks

This is a hard question to answer completely. But, yes, if the environment is too cold then she can be lethargic. Some hamsters can go into hibernation if they are too cold.

If you can increase the temperature in your room this will likely help. A space heater is a good idea.

Trouble waking and dandruff. My male, neutered cat came from the back alley. I can't remember if we initally had... (5788 views)

Male cat nipple problem. My male desexed cat has always had a enlarged nipple. It seems to be getting larger... (19634 views)

Antibiotics for pyometra? my dog has pyometra what are the chances with survival after antibotic injection... (9634 views)

Can't use back legs. In the past 7 months my dog has had 2 "episodes". First, in September 2010 he had... (34930 views)

Arthritis medicine for dogs. Zoey recently has been having trouble walking. I think it may be her hips? She does... (7064 views)

Dog suddenly needy. Austin is 7. He is a shelter dog. I've had him since he was 2-ish. He was diagnosed... (35957 views)

Trouble swallowing. My 6-year-old shepherd developed a major mucus production problem in the last month.... (14573 views)

Time to put dog to sleep? My dog is very old and has been Very skinny the past month, But yesterday he lost... (7558 views)

Did Orbax cause diarrhea? Hi Dr Marie, it's me again regarding Bandit, my 4 yr old DSH. I had e-mailed you... (10284 views)

Golden retriever won't eat. Dr, Changing Max's food doesn't seem to help. He went to the new food since... (28477 views)