Hamster too cold?

Breed: Camoels russian dwar
hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and alot during the night, but now shes sleeping most the day,and half the night, and the last night my mom was petting her, and my mom said that she felt a little cold. I just wanted to know that if the sleeping alot is just frim her being cold? thanks

This is a hard question to answer completely. But, yes, if the environment is too cold then she can be lethargic. Some hamsters can go into hibernation if they are too cold.

If you can increase the temperature in your room this will likely help. A space heater is a good idea.

Heavy breathing in dog. My dog seems to be panting and breathing heavily quite often, almost all the time,... (15293 views)

Dog died at the vet's A couple weeks ago I noticed our dog Gauge was straining to urinate but couldnt. I... (8997 views)

Does pet store flea medicine work? My dog just got fleas. I've given her multiple flea baths, flea collar, and flea... (11543 views)

Spaying an older dog. My dog is 10 years old and has had 2 litters of puppies. I would like to have her... (7616 views)

Itchy hamster. What happens if my hamster is licking itself a lot of scratching itself? Also, what... (21656 views)

Sores around vulva. Hi Dr. Marie, I would like a second opinion on my dog's health issue. She is a 4... (59685 views)

Infected cut on leg. My dog has a swollen ankle and it seems to be caused by an insect bite or a small... (6349 views)

How to get cat to lose weight? Cinder is about 16-18 lbs. She has a large frame for a Female, per the vet, but my... (4773 views)

Upper respiratory virus Thank you for your past advise. I now have another question that is regarding... (15387 views)

Dog has loose stools. I adopted Levi, a beautiful and terrific champion show dog in August. I have never... (13012 views)