Hamster too cold?

Breed: Camoels russian dwar
hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and alot during the night, but now shes sleeping most the day,and half the night, and the last night my mom was petting her, and my mom said that she felt a little cold. I just wanted to know that if the sleeping alot is just frim her being cold? thanks

This is a hard question to answer completely. But, yes, if the environment is too cold then she can be lethargic. Some hamsters can go into hibernation if they are too cold.

If you can increase the temperature in your room this will likely help. A space heater is a good idea.

My dog is bleeding. I adopted my dog from a local shelter as a puppy of 12 weeks. they said that due to... (14763 views)

Puppy died suddenly. Dakota was playful, looked energetic and happy thursday morning. by dinner time the... (29528 views)

Shedding calicivirus. Hi can I breed from a cat shedding FCV? She has no symptoms but doen't seem to be... (9922 views)

Red sores in front of cat's ear. Hi Dr. Haynes Thank you for offering this service and reviewing my question. My... (64850 views)

In heat and shaking her head. My dog has been vomiting and had diarrhea for the last 2-3 days. She has been in... (7381 views)

Tramadol not working. He is on Tramodol 50 mg 3x a day plus 80lbs of Metacam for Arthritis. He was put on... (18324 views)

Problems after enema. Hello. Our 2 year old cat has had two bouts with constipation that required a... (38749 views)

Should dog with cancer be euthanized? Ben was diagnosed with a Grade III mast cell tumor last February. We had it... (20255 views)

Infection in neuter incision? My dog got neutered 10 days ago (Aug 9th) and in a distracted moment he licked the... (71132 views)

Dog diarrhea problems. Hi Dr, This is an update to a previous question. Max is over 10 wks old now... (41453 views)