Hamster too cold?

Breed: Camoels russian dwar
hi! my hamster has been sleeping alot. she is usally up sometimes during the day and alot during the night, but now shes sleeping most the day,and half the night, and the last night my mom was petting her, and my mom said that she felt a little cold. I just wanted to know that if the sleeping alot is just frim her being cold? thanks

This is a hard question to answer completely. But, yes, if the environment is too cold then she can be lethargic. Some hamsters can go into hibernation if they are too cold.

If you can increase the temperature in your room this will likely help. A space heater is a good idea.

Lumps on dog's nose. Do you know what these bumps count be? He also has a bald spot under his eye. He is... (60305 views)

Constipated or urinary issue? Hello Dr Marie. I am contacting you about our cat Linus again. It is 4 am here.... (10719 views)

Ketoconazole for dogs. How safe is it to give my dog ketoconazole 200 mg tab fur a fungal infection? The... (26584 views)

Swollen vulva. "I have a female Rat Terrier who is 6 months old and I was wondering if its normal... (31249 views)

Dog has loose stools. I adopted Levi, a beautiful and terrific champion show dog in August. I have never... (12578 views)

My dog is bleeding. I adopted my dog from a local shelter as a puppy of 12 weeks. they said that due to... (11063 views)

Vomiting and not eating. Hi, I'm desperate to find out how to help my dog. 9 days ago (Monday night) she woke... (26101 views)

Pancreatitis My dog had an exploratory Lap. done 3 days ago to rule out a foreign body. She had... (14572 views)

Occult blood in urine. Hi Dr. Marie This is in regard to Oreo, I dont know if you recall our situation... (10266 views)

Vomiting kitten. My 4 week kitten was abandoned by his mom when he was a few days old. He is very... (5410 views)