Puppy breathing hard.

Breed: Black Lab
Tucker is only 8 weeks old, I can't get his needles until this Tues. I think he has parvo. He is very tired,breathing heavy, but not diaharria or vomiting. I am so scared he might have this awful virus.I need an answe asap
Thank you

Sorry to hear that Tucker is not well.

Dogs with parvo virus usually do have quite severe vomiting and diarrhea. However, sometimes we can see a day or two of lethargy before the vomiting and diarrhea starts.

There are a number of other things that can cause a pup to not feel well such as parasites, ingestion of a foreign body or something toxic, infections and more.

Any time a pup is not feeling well I recommend a vet visit right away as these little guys don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration.

If it does turn out that he has parvo, parvo is treatable but can be expensive to treat.

Vomiting after eating. My cat will vomit after eating several times a week. She will also 'leak' or 'drip'... (24624 views)

Poop is sometimes solid, sometimes soft. Hi Dr Marie, I'm not sure if this is even an issue. Max poops first thing in... (102163 views)

Dripping blood. My 13 year old female, spayed,Doberman is in good health (with lots of benign... (28000 views)

How to calm down hyper dog. We adopted Samson a year ago from the local shelter. He has been a great pet, highly... (10242 views)

Down in the hock. Hello, About two weeks ago I came home from being away a couple of hours and... (6244 views)

Brown near cat's vagina. Talia has brown in her fur around her vagina and I wiped it with a baby wipe and it... (17638 views)

Dog has sore muscles. About 3 months ago, Ruby stopped jumping and running, she seems to be in pain when... (10448 views)

Vet didn't ask my permission. I came home to find my beloved cat unable to stand (seemed drunken) and felt cooler... (8529 views)

Guinea pig breathing problems. I'm not sure if you can answer this. My Guinea Pig was breathing very loud and fast.... (14659 views)

Possible seizure in toy poodle. my just had a shaking spell, he was shaking,panting,peeing and very unblanced when... (15587 views)