Puppy breathing hard.

Breed: Black Lab
Tucker is only 8 weeks old, I can't get his needles until this Tues. I think he has parvo. He is very tired,breathing heavy, but not diaharria or vomiting. I am so scared he might have this awful virus.I need an answe asap
Thank you

Sorry to hear that Tucker is not well.

Dogs with parvo virus usually do have quite severe vomiting and diarrhea. However, sometimes we can see a day or two of lethargy before the vomiting and diarrhea starts.

There are a number of other things that can cause a pup to not feel well such as parasites, ingestion of a foreign body or something toxic, infections and more.

Any time a pup is not feeling well I recommend a vet visit right away as these little guys don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration.

If it does turn out that he has parvo, parvo is treatable but can be expensive to treat.

Increase dog's phenobarb? Hi Marie, My 10 yr old Jack Russell Terrier has been a seizure dog for about 4... (16770 views)

My dog is bleeding. I adopted my dog from a local shelter as a puppy of 12 weeks. they said that due to... (10896 views)

Bloddy vaginal discharge in a cat. My cat is bleeding from her vagina, she is not spayed and we don't believe she is... (7455 views)

Cat not eating since new kitten arrived. My cat's behavior has changed quite a bit and won't eat. I will explain when he... (18777 views)

Exercise induced collapse. I have a labrador retriever and she is about 4 years old, 60 lbs and she is a girl.... (6276 views)

Cat's heart rate question. Does the heart-rate depend on the age of the... (7036 views)

Bladder cancer and can't walk. I accidentally closed the window the first time I got directed here so think that I... (11301 views)

Scabs on cat's ear and neck. Hi. I adopted a cat and she was doing fine. I noticed that she was loosing hair in... (15484 views)

Disc problems. Hello, Two weeks ago my 9 year old Black Lab start to have problems with his hind... (10383 views)

Is my dog pregnant? i was woke up this morning mu my female pup crying and yelping. so i found her... (14760 views)