Puppy breathing hard.

Breed: Black Lab
Tucker is only 8 weeks old, I can't get his needles until this Tues. I think he has parvo. He is very tired,breathing heavy, but not diaharria or vomiting. I am so scared he might have this awful virus.I need an answe asap
Thank you

Sorry to hear that Tucker is not well.

Dogs with parvo virus usually do have quite severe vomiting and diarrhea. However, sometimes we can see a day or two of lethargy before the vomiting and diarrhea starts.

There are a number of other things that can cause a pup to not feel well such as parasites, ingestion of a foreign body or something toxic, infections and more.

Any time a pup is not feeling well I recommend a vet visit right away as these little guys don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration.

If it does turn out that he has parvo, parvo is treatable but can be expensive to treat.

Carrots and nuts safe for dogs? Is it safe to feed her carrots or nuts of any kind? We have just been feeding them... (15701 views)

Fly biting seizures. At night with the lights on, Misha snaps at the air as if she's catching flies.... (24711 views)

How often is a dog in heat? My dog started her first heat yesterday. I know not to breed her now she is not... (6740 views)

Saddle thrombus in a dog. In a dog, once a blood clot has broken off and is considered a saddle thrombus, how... (11433 views)

Limping kitten. I got a kitten on Monday. They said she is about 5 or 6 weeks old. For the first... (15408 views)

viscious dogs Killer dogs next door! We live next door to 4 dogs, a female German Shepard, a... (15103 views)

How to get guinea pig to gain weight. Hi! Remember me? Some days ago one of my friends gave me a guinea pig that she... (18047 views)

Kittens died. My 9-10 month old cat had five kittens. No problem delivering. Kittens seemed... (14420 views)

Food allergy? My pug will be eight in a few months. A few months ago, he started scratching alot.... (9907 views)

Diarrhea after having puppies. is it nomal for a dog to have the runs after giving birth to 11 puppies a week... (28872 views)