Puppy breathing hard.

Breed: Black Lab
Tucker is only 8 weeks old, I can't get his needles until this Tues. I think he has parvo. He is very tired,breathing heavy, but not diaharria or vomiting. I am so scared he might have this awful virus.I need an answe asap
Thank you

Sorry to hear that Tucker is not well.

Dogs with parvo virus usually do have quite severe vomiting and diarrhea. However, sometimes we can see a day or two of lethargy before the vomiting and diarrhea starts.

There are a number of other things that can cause a pup to not feel well such as parasites, ingestion of a foreign body or something toxic, infections and more.

Any time a pup is not feeling well I recommend a vet visit right away as these little guys don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration.

If it does turn out that he has parvo, parvo is treatable but can be expensive to treat.

Healthy cat died suddenly. Why did my cat die? I came home from work today to find that my cat had died. I... (24418 views)

Chihuahua had a seizure. Hi , my daughter's dog is very tiny weighing just 3.8 lbs. Last night he was on my... (24057 views)

old dog is peeing in the house. spot is 17 and has started weeing in house constantley even when we have doors open... (20312 views)

Dropped puppy on head. I have a 5 week old puppy, one of 6, he weighs less than 1 pound. My 2 year old... (33418 views)

Saddle thrombus in a dog. In a dog, once a blood clot has broken off and is considered a saddle thrombus, how... (7361 views)

Bad breath in dog. My dog is 12 yrs old and has very bad breath. I lost my husband 21/2 yrs ago and I... (15519 views)

Dog can't bark. I just recent spayed my dog this summer and i recently noticed that her bark sounds... (22653 views)

mycoplasma felis respiratory infection Hi. I asked you a question previously about Indigo and I'd really like your... (32265 views)

My dog vomited. Max just threw up. Probably not serous but wanted to check. 30 min ago he was... (10979 views)

Contagious seizures. Blake is a 2yr old German shepherd that started having epileptic fits in june 2010.... (11626 views)