Puppy breathing hard.

Breed: Black Lab
Tucker is only 8 weeks old, I can't get his needles until this Tues. I think he has parvo. He is very tired,breathing heavy, but not diaharria or vomiting. I am so scared he might have this awful virus.I need an answe asap
Thank you

Sorry to hear that Tucker is not well.

Dogs with parvo virus usually do have quite severe vomiting and diarrhea. However, sometimes we can see a day or two of lethargy before the vomiting and diarrhea starts.

There are a number of other things that can cause a pup to not feel well such as parasites, ingestion of a foreign body or something toxic, infections and more.

Any time a pup is not feeling well I recommend a vet visit right away as these little guys don't have a lot of reserves to fight against dehydration.

If it does turn out that he has parvo, parvo is treatable but can be expensive to treat.

Cat pooping in the house. hello, my name is kelly horne. we recently got a new cat, i was told she's 6... (8996 views)

Coughing and panting. My dog is 12 1/2 and he has a hacking cough and pants all the time except when he's... (33318 views)

Wheatgrass for cats? Dear Dr. Marie, I have a question for Fei Meow again. As Fei Meow is very happy... (24282 views)

Euthanasia difficulties. Well, Kiggy passed away May 21, 2012 after a vet recommended euthanasia. She was 14... (11655 views)

Kitten won't eat. my kitten won't eat but will drink water and he is sluggish and has had weight loss... (21315 views)

White urine in guinea pig. My Guinea Pigs urine is a white color (or possibly cloudy). Is this something we... (48810 views)

Blood in poop. Hi There, I found a few drops of blood last night in and near my puppies poo. Not... (55823 views)

Spay older dog? Hi Vet My dog is 9 years old & has never been mated. She is healthy & does not have... (10647 views)

Hip Arthritis. Euthanasia? Hi Myself and my boyfriend have a complicated problem with no good answer. Our 9... (15522 views)

Cat died. Dear Doctor Haynes, I started looking after a stray young tomcat (who I presume... (7632 views)