Pit bull has bald patches.

Breed: pitbull
Hi,

we have beeen to the vet three different times and he still breaking out and create bald patches on him. we have tried evrything first it was the oil pills, we gave gim antibiotics that the vet gave us i can not afford to pay 150 for anti biotics, i give trifexis every month well we just started it last month cuz he only bout 7 months but anyways he has irriatation on his stomache, he has bald patches on him i just dont kno what to do anymore. any suggestions? please help

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your dog but one thing you may want to ask your vet about is the possibility of something called generalized demodex. I have seen a number of pit bulls lately that have demodex. I'm hoping it's not, because this is a difficult condition to treat.

Pit bulls can also be prone to allergies as well which can be hard to treat and can be a chronic problem.

If the problems continue you may want to ask your vet for a referral to a veterinary dermatologist. These vets will cost a little bit more but can usually get down to the source of the problem a little quicker.

Is my dog pregnant? i think my dog is pregnet she has big nipples and she is getting lazy she was in... (7430 views)

Cat behavior problem. We got a 13 year old girl recently (just months ago, not even a year). And we have a... (12679 views)

Sneezing guinea pig. My guinea pig is sneezing and wiping her nose more frequntly than she did... (24527 views)

Paralyzed dog now walking Emma's back legs have been paralyzed for almost 6 weeks. I took her to the vet and... (11372 views)

Itchy feet and nose. Hi, my dog started about 3 days ago with very itchy paws to the point that they are... (9428 views)

Black poop and worms. my dog has worms, and we gave her medicine today but she wont eat anythingg and has... (15101 views)

Guinea pig-Scab and itchy. my guinea pig is scratching a sore what is wrong with... (13105 views)

Dog licking everything My dog has recently started compulsivley licking his paws/us/anything else he can... (19070 views)

Cerebellar hypoplasia in kittens. hi, my cat recently had kittens, their are four kittens, two cant walk or barely... (22949 views)

Dog had large tumor and died. Our dog Jessie, just passed away suddenly on Friday morning. She went off on her... (15195 views)