Pit bull has bald patches.

Breed: pitbull
Hi,

we have beeen to the vet three different times and he still breaking out and create bald patches on him. we have tried evrything first it was the oil pills, we gave gim antibiotics that the vet gave us i can not afford to pay 150 for anti biotics, i give trifexis every month well we just started it last month cuz he only bout 7 months but anyways he has irriatation on his stomache, he has bald patches on him i just dont kno what to do anymore. any suggestions? please help

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your dog but one thing you may want to ask your vet about is the possibility of something called generalized demodex. I have seen a number of pit bulls lately that have demodex. I'm hoping it's not, because this is a difficult condition to treat.

Pit bulls can also be prone to allergies as well which can be hard to treat and can be a chronic problem.

If the problems continue you may want to ask your vet for a referral to a veterinary dermatologist. These vets will cost a little bit more but can usually get down to the source of the problem a little quicker.

Gurgling belly. I'm not sure how long this has been going on as he stays with my mom now. However,... (20597 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (7108 views)

When to separate pups? Hello, My pet has just given babies and i need to give those babies for... (7219 views)

Rash on belly. My 15 month old pit bull/great dane mix has recently started developing a "bruise"... (50196 views)

Lentigo on a cat. Hi Dr. Marie... My 3.5 year old tortoiseshell cat has developed a black freckle... (19690 views)

Can I deworm a nursing female dog? BB is nursing 3 week old pups,can she be wormed while... (40469 views)

Dog ate grapes. Last night at 9PM I took my dog out for a walk. We were in our town and someone had... (39860 views)

Beagle Pain Syndrome? My 10 year old beagle in November had an ear infection that caused him to develop... (14243 views)

Eye problem. Chances eyes are really red all the time and gets a bunch of eye snot I clean it out... (8728 views)

Possibly hip dysplasia. Dear Dr. Marie, I recently had to put my dog down as he was only two and a half... (7334 views)