Pit bull has bald patches.

Breed: pitbull
Hi,

we have beeen to the vet three different times and he still breaking out and create bald patches on him. we have tried evrything first it was the oil pills, we gave gim antibiotics that the vet gave us i can not afford to pay 150 for anti biotics, i give trifexis every month well we just started it last month cuz he only bout 7 months but anyways he has irriatation on his stomache, he has bald patches on him i just dont kno what to do anymore. any suggestions? please help

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your dog but one thing you may want to ask your vet about is the possibility of something called generalized demodex. I have seen a number of pit bulls lately that have demodex. I'm hoping it's not, because this is a difficult condition to treat.

Pit bulls can also be prone to allergies as well which can be hard to treat and can be a chronic problem.

If the problems continue you may want to ask your vet for a referral to a veterinary dermatologist. These vets will cost a little bit more but can usually get down to the source of the problem a little quicker.

Fever and dizziness in older dog. Dear Dr. Marie, Kodi is a 15 years old Labrador, he is very active and love to... (3742 views)

Exercise induced collapse. I have a labrador retriever and she is about 4 years old, 60 lbs and she is a girl.... (5085 views)

The euthanasia procedure. I had to euthanize my 18.5 year old cat Quincy on Monday. He suffered from CRF and... (10755 views)

Cat is dying. I took in a stray that was living in a garage since his was little for years and was... (7489 views)

Does Hartz kill roundworms? well, this one time when I had a lab mix puppy that wasn't vetted or wormed or... (7887 views)

Crusty sores on cat. I noticed Robin had a sore that seemed infected under the right side of his chin. I... (23658 views)

Large black mole on dog. Hi Dr. Marie, I’m kind of worried because my dog, a Labrador retriever he has... (28105 views)

Why is my 10 year old chihuahua coughing? Hi Dr. Marie! I have a 10yr old female Chihuahua that has a coughing problem. At... (32403 views)

Spot in cat's eye. About a year ago our cat was looked at by a vet. He got all his shots and was... (21175 views)

Cat is shedding a lot. I have noticed a dramatic increase in the amount of hair Abby loses every time I... (5306 views)