Pit bull has bald patches.

Breed: pitbull
Hi,

we have beeen to the vet three different times and he still breaking out and create bald patches on him. we have tried evrything first it was the oil pills, we gave gim antibiotics that the vet gave us i can not afford to pay 150 for anti biotics, i give trifexis every month well we just started it last month cuz he only bout 7 months but anyways he has irriatation on his stomache, he has bald patches on him i just dont kno what to do anymore. any suggestions? please help

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your dog but one thing you may want to ask your vet about is the possibility of something called generalized demodex. I have seen a number of pit bulls lately that have demodex. I'm hoping it's not, because this is a difficult condition to treat.

Pit bulls can also be prone to allergies as well which can be hard to treat and can be a chronic problem.

If the problems continue you may want to ask your vet for a referral to a veterinary dermatologist. These vets will cost a little bit more but can usually get down to the source of the problem a little quicker.

Cat's stomach making noises My cat's stomach has been making noises today including gurgling and rumbling. This... (196306 views)

Short of breath and runny nose. My dog is shor of breath, has a runny nose, and is shaking please help me I do not... (7463 views)

Brown bugs over top of tail. Dear Dr. Marie: I HAVE A CAT, IT HAS BROWN BUG AND SCAB AT THE DORSAL ASPECT OF... (10796 views)

Cancer or pyometra? My lab who was quite healthy up and until August started to show a dulling coat and... (12033 views)

Dog's face is swollen. my dog's face is swollen, her muzzle is swollen on both sides and very firm/hard... (130005 views)

Lump on dog's side. Bundy has developed a circular mark...1/2 inch in diameter...the fur has gone the... (23552 views)

Frequent urination in puppy. Dr. Marie, We have a brand new 7 week old bullmastiff female, named June...I have... (25980 views)

Black scab on anus Good day Dr. Marie, I read one of your previous questions and answer about a dog... (46844 views)

Toxoplasmosis and pregnancy. Hi there, Ive recently found out I am pregnant (6 weeks) and wanted some advice... (14770 views)

Dog keeps licking butt. My dog keeps licking her butt. I took her 2 days ago to have her anal glands... (19234 views)