Pit bull has bald patches.

Breed: pitbull
Hi,

we have beeen to the vet three different times and he still breaking out and create bald patches on him. we have tried evrything first it was the oil pills, we gave gim antibiotics that the vet gave us i can not afford to pay 150 for anti biotics, i give trifexis every month well we just started it last month cuz he only bout 7 months but anyways he has irriatation on his stomache, he has bald patches on him i just dont kno what to do anymore. any suggestions? please help

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your dog but one thing you may want to ask your vet about is the possibility of something called generalized demodex. I have seen a number of pit bulls lately that have demodex. I'm hoping it's not, because this is a difficult condition to treat.

Pit bulls can also be prone to allergies as well which can be hard to treat and can be a chronic problem.

If the problems continue you may want to ask your vet for a referral to a veterinary dermatologist. These vets will cost a little bit more but can usually get down to the source of the problem a little quicker.

Vomiting and diarrhea in puppy. Lady is almost 5 months now, she's a typical Aussie puppy. She lives with me, my... (7251 views)

Fluid in chest? My dog has been having this weird breathing issue where whenever he lays down it... (12911 views)

Benadryl for dogs How much Benadryl can I give my dog? I think he is having an allergic reaction to a... (13519 views)

Leave light on for dog? Is it necessary to leave the lights on for your dog when you go out in the evening... (34682 views)

Information on parvo virus. Hello dr., I am a senior in high school doing a senior project and my topic... (17776 views)

Sick kitten We recently found this kitten last week outside, when we found him we estimated that... (8640 views)

Blue lump on dog's belly. Around Christmas, I noticed a blue-tinted bump, about 3 mm in diameter, on my dog's... (24184 views)

Zodiac safe? Is Zodiac Spot Treatment safe to use on my small dog and... (9710 views)

Lump on dog's neck. Hi Dr Marie We have a 4 year old female mixed breed dog. Two years ago she had a... (22384 views)

Bromonidine (like amitraz) toxicity. MY DOG SWALLOWED SOME BRIMONIDINE TARTRATE OPHTHALMIC 5 ML SHE IS VERY WEAK AND... (13006 views)