Pit bull has bald patches.

Breed: pitbull
Hi,

we have beeen to the vet three different times and he still breaking out and create bald patches on him. we have tried evrything first it was the oil pills, we gave gim antibiotics that the vet gave us i can not afford to pay 150 for anti biotics, i give trifexis every month well we just started it last month cuz he only bout 7 months but anyways he has irriatation on his stomache, he has bald patches on him i just dont kno what to do anymore. any suggestions? please help

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your dog but one thing you may want to ask your vet about is the possibility of something called generalized demodex. I have seen a number of pit bulls lately that have demodex. I'm hoping it's not, because this is a difficult condition to treat.

Pit bulls can also be prone to allergies as well which can be hard to treat and can be a chronic problem.

If the problems continue you may want to ask your vet for a referral to a veterinary dermatologist. These vets will cost a little bit more but can usually get down to the source of the problem a little quicker.

Stuffed up cat. I have a male cat named Tuna aged somewhere close to a year and a half. He is a... (9765 views)

Bumps near mouth and chin. My cat has some bumps near his mouth and they are red and itchy. Do you know what... (14135 views)

Swelling on dog's face. Hi the right side of my 6 year old boxer boy's face has swelled up - looks like he... (50778 views)

Kitten has bad breath. I am having serious problems because my cat is having very smelly and bad breath... (28973 views)

Vomiting and balance issues. my dog is losing her equalibreum and was throwing up yellow stomach bile.her poop is... (18953 views)

Is this distemper? I live in Mexico and I rescued Trinket when she was 8 to 10 weeks old. She had... (7695 views)

Very sick dog. Last night I noticed my dog had diarrhea and bad gas, but I thought she was just a... (13104 views)

Dog biting at tail. I just noticed earlier today Sept. 29th that my Husky has chunks of hair missing... (27670 views)

Chihuahua with hair loss. Hey Dr.Marie. I'm writing to you about my puppy chihuahua. Sooty. She has just... (7965 views)

Hamster is dying. My hamster is 2 years and 11 months now . I noticed he hasnt been drinking as much ,... (7154 views)