Pit bull has bald patches.

Breed: pitbull
Hi,

we have beeen to the vet three different times and he still breaking out and create bald patches on him. we have tried evrything first it was the oil pills, we gave gim antibiotics that the vet gave us i can not afford to pay 150 for anti biotics, i give trifexis every month well we just started it last month cuz he only bout 7 months but anyways he has irriatation on his stomache, he has bald patches on him i just dont kno what to do anymore. any suggestions? please help

This is a tough question to answer without being able to see your dog but one thing you may want to ask your vet about is the possibility of something called generalized demodex. I have seen a number of pit bulls lately that have demodex. I'm hoping it's not, because this is a difficult condition to treat.

Pit bulls can also be prone to allergies as well which can be hard to treat and can be a chronic problem.

If the problems continue you may want to ask your vet for a referral to a veterinary dermatologist. These vets will cost a little bit more but can usually get down to the source of the problem a little quicker.

Homeopathic medicine questions. My dog has had nasal congestion, runny nose, mucus from his eyes and a little from... (13946 views)

Cat can't poop. hi am afraid it is a mega colon my cat is not giving any stool , although he is... (16607 views)

Medication for aggressive dog? Hi! We adopted a 2.5 year old male white shepherd/lab, Denver, almost a year ago. At... (8855 views)

Cat is dying. I took in a stray that was living in a garage since his was little for years and was... (12402 views)

Hyperesthesia syndrome? I have a unique situation. Recently I have moved to a new apt 3 hours away from... (6217 views)

Dog ate mouldy treats. My labs get milkbone treats twice a day...I just noticed they have mold on them.... (13318 views)

43 days pregnant and not eating. MY DOG IS 43 DAYS PREGNANT, SHE HAS LOW APETITE, DOCTOR PRESCRIBED PETPRO TABS 1... (9650 views)

Tums for calcium? Missy is pregnant with her second litter. She developed a calcium deficiency and... (20595 views)

Cat attacked by dog. My cat lulu was just attacked by a dog today....i'm a new mommy...and currently... (6973 views)

Vomiting, quiet cat. My 5 year old cat starting vomiting on Sunday - a few times and then vomited clear... (17000 views)