Cat is very thirsty.

Breed: domestic
I have a one year old cat, he eats well no concerns there, but he is consently thirsty. Everyday all day. Is this serious, should I get him into the vet?

I am always concerned when a cat wants to drink a lot. This is usually a sign of either diabetes or kidney disease. In a one year old cat, diabetes is the most likely.

Diabetes is a treatable disease. I would highly advise you have your vet take a look at Kitty and do some blood tests!

Sheltie leaking urine. We have noticed that my spayed 5 1/2 year female Sheltie has been leaking a little... (13902 views)

Cat puffing its hair out. Is there other reasons besides a cat trying to make itself look big for a fight that... (14368 views)

Dogs ate chocolate and sugar. I have an 85 pound lab, an 8 pound mini dachshund and a 12 pound mini dachshund. We... (19350 views)

Cat died suddenly. Our cat just passed away suddenly last night. She was about 4 years old, and... (9762 views)

Swollen eye and vomiting. Hi Dr. Marie. Our dog's eye swelled up the other night withing an hour.....it went... (48459 views)

Wheezing cat. My cat is wheezing. Because he is 15 now I was not suprised. But then it grew worse.... (14420 views)

Allergies or URTI? I was looking at the questions on cats, but couldn't find one that was close to what... (7987 views)

Help cats to get along. Hello my name is kristbjorg and im from iceland. I have a cat thats 8 months old... (7801 views)

Dog ate a needle. My dog had not been eating his usual amount and I was watching him, he then began to... (11420 views)

Can dogs get colds? Lady is currently still at a pet store but she is a sweet puppy and we've had our... (7742 views)