Cat is very thirsty.

Breed: domestic
I have a one year old cat, he eats well no concerns there, but he is consently thirsty. Everyday all day. Is this serious, should I get him into the vet?

I am always concerned when a cat wants to drink a lot. This is usually a sign of either diabetes or kidney disease. In a one year old cat, diabetes is the most likely.

Diabetes is a treatable disease. I would highly advise you have your vet take a look at Kitty and do some blood tests!

Grief after dog passed away. I recently lost my 13 year old German Shepherd mix. She is my first dog. My... (8050 views)

Surgery on 14 year old dog. Chyna has in the past few months developed a mass or cluster of lumps that are dark... (13545 views)

Dog dying of parvo. sage is well......dying of parvo and i want to know ways to make a dog really happy... (18036 views)

Do dogs have panic attacks? In the past two weeks, Bambi has a kind of panic attack to me. She was panting and... (7972 views)

Dog vomiting clear mucus and white foam. My dog continues to throw up a clear mucus with white foam. He is still very... (20436 views)

Puppy won't eat. My daughter has a Blue Nose Pit 4 1/2 months old female she has a great appetite and... (15503 views)

Helicobacter in ferrets. HI! I read your response regarding the ferret who was not eating, vomiting, lying in... (16161 views)

Boxer skin problems. -I apologize in advance for the novel i wrote below- We are officially at a loss.... (57979 views)

Switching foods for allergies. My male yorkie has recently developed food allergies. He has been n wheat corn and... (8129 views)

Cat is urinating on my bed. Hi Dr Marie, You may not remember me - I'm from Australia, my partner and I email... (9001 views)