Cat is very thirsty.

Breed: domestic
I have a one year old cat, he eats well no concerns there, but he is consently thirsty. Everyday all day. Is this serious, should I get him into the vet?

I am always concerned when a cat wants to drink a lot. This is usually a sign of either diabetes or kidney disease. In a one year old cat, diabetes is the most likely.

Diabetes is a treatable disease. I would highly advise you have your vet take a look at Kitty and do some blood tests!

Sick kitten. Kitty is 13 weeks old, has had diarehha off and on for 9 days, also another sibling,... (9520 views)

Cat attacked by dogs. We have 5 dogs and 4 cats (mostly rescues) who have grown up together and have... (30277 views)

Hair loss on a boxer. I've had Kizzie for two years. She's a vibrant and playful dog. Recently, I've... (12712 views)

Not eating or drinking because lonely? i have a puppy i've had her in the backyard now my sister had an inspection at her... (7696 views)

Is my dog overheating? Hi Dr. Marie, I have a simple question. Max is now a 74 lb 1yr old... (8844 views)

Golden retriever with lymphoma died. My golden retriever was 125 pounds (all muscle) and enjoyed perfect health for all... (30996 views)

Diethylene glycol in chicken jerky. Do you know of any of the Chicken Jerky do treats that are made in China, has been... (4974 views)

Connection between dandruff and diabetes? My pet has recently been diagnosed with Diabetes. She is on 5 units of insulin 2x... (14771 views)

Black spot on tongue. My dog, Bogey, has developed a black spot on his tongue about 3 months ago. It was a... (23777 views)

Cat attacking his tail. my cat started attacking his tail sometimes making it bleed..we took him to the vet... (8440 views)