Yorkie having seizures.

Breed: yorkshire terrier
my dog has fits his back legs go stiff he then starts panting excessively his fur is soaking wet with drool an sweat he collapses holds his legs out straight this last for about an hour an it happens at least once a week i have taken him to a vet but tests came back inconclusive any ideas on what it could be

It sounds like Nic Nac is having some seizures, but it's hard to say.

If tests are inconclusive then this could be epilepsy. Your vet can advise you on medications such as phenobarbital to help control seizures.

Yorkies can also be prone to a condition called a liver shunt, or portosystemic shunt. This is a very serious condition where the blood supply does not travel through the liver properly.

Dogs with a liver shunt are usually smaller than normal.

Some liver shunts can be fixed with surgery, but not all.

I really hope he is ok!

Dog is scratching his ear. For the past couple of weeks, Shilo has been scratching his ear and rubbing it on... (15838 views)

Poop caked on bum. I saw that my dog was acting stangely, so I examined him and saw that his bottom is... (22265 views)

Dog won't eat. well dr my dog he always wants to go outside and doesnt want to eat his food and we... (11542 views)

Hairless cat skin problem. I recently took my hairless cats collar off and there was a small red sore were the... (10295 views)

Female dog humping. My female pit bull everyday, anytime I lay down on my couch or bed, she jumps up on... (8873 views)

Itchy by tail Dr. Marie, my dog always kind of chews/bites/scratches under the right side of his... (6902 views)

Dental problems and weight loss. i think she has a bad tooth,lost of weight,not eating her regular food,gave her rice... (16473 views)

Why did my puppy die? Hello, I'm in the UK and I hope you can give me some idea as to why my seemingly... (11599 views)

Dog can't pee. I was outside today and I looked over at my dog. He bent over to pee but no pee... (16687 views)

Is this rabies? My dog is going crazy. He's been shaking and walking somewhere and walking back for... (7366 views)