Loose black stools.

Breed: Rodeeshion ridgeback
Sid is older, lately his stools ate loose and turn black?
He can tell time and knows when it's breakfast and 6:00pm for dinner. Sleeps most all day, his lil sister is a mini dachshund and she makes him get up to play. Sometimes he goes to chase lizards with her? Deb

Black stools can be a sign of a serious stomach problem such as a stomach ulcer. Stomach ulcers can be caused by:

-Giving an NSAID such as aspirin
-Ingestion of a sharp object
-a stomach tumor
-and other reasons

It definitely sounds like a vet visit is in order. Pepcid (Famotidine) is an over the counter medication that can help and won't hurt. Dogs take 1mg per pound.

However, I would recommend a vet visit ASAP as this could possibly be a serious issue.

Weakness in legs and thirsty. Dear Dr. Marie, Sammy has been having weakness in hind legs,difficulty standing... (11931 views)

Vomiting and diarrhea. My pug has been vomiting over the last few days it started two nights ago I woke up... (35197 views)

Tums for calcium? Missy is pregnant with her second litter. She developed a calcium deficiency and... (18579 views)

Diarrhea with blood Hi Dr. Marie. My dog has had diarrhea for a couple of days. He still seems to be... (13724 views)

Dog in heat a long time. i have a 7yr.old boxer who started a heat cycle in march and it is now august....she... (18397 views)

Arthritis in elbow. My 10 year old German Shepherd mix has been limping on her front leg. It has... (15554 views)

Recall on Hill's food? My cat got I'll suddenly three weeks ago. Committing, lethargy, diarrhea , lack of... (5105 views)

Drinking a lot and collapse. My boxer, Tank, has recently began drinking water excessively and then pees all over... (21987 views)

Dog doesn't drink much and burps. We recently adopted our boxer mix from a vet and she appears to be in very good... (21586 views)

Sneezing cat. We have adopted a feral cat off the back porch in November. We think she is about 2... (13304 views)