Loose black stools.

Breed: Rodeeshion ridgeback
Sid is older, lately his stools ate loose and turn black?
He can tell time and knows when it's breakfast and 6:00pm for dinner. Sleeps most all day, his lil sister is a mini dachshund and she makes him get up to play. Sometimes he goes to chase lizards with her? Deb

Black stools can be a sign of a serious stomach problem such as a stomach ulcer. Stomach ulcers can be caused by:

-Giving an NSAID such as aspirin
-Ingestion of a sharp object
-a stomach tumor
-and other reasons

It definitely sounds like a vet visit is in order. Pepcid (Famotidine) is an over the counter medication that can help and won't hurt. Dogs take 1mg per pound.

However, I would recommend a vet visit ASAP as this could possibly be a serious issue.

Golden Retriever Smell Hello. I have two golden retrievers and the youngest is 11 months old. She has a... (36302 views)

Puppy ate vomit. my dog is crying and has a fever and is very sluggish my wife is pregnant and going... (6887 views)

Bladder surgery showed no cancer or stones. I am sorry in advance this is a little long. I just wanted to get the right... (8278 views)

Bump on dog's ear. I noticed that the flap of my dog's ear has this pimple like bump on it. you can't... (16458 views)

Keep ringworm positive cat secluded? Hello. My vet thought my cat caught ringworm from another cat who had it. He had... (3248 views)

Beagle with neck pain. I have an 8-yr. old (9 in March) female beagle. Almost a month ago, one morning she... (8834 views)

Limping kitten my kitten has started losing alot of weight and he is limping. his back left paw is... (7805 views)

Dog with swollen face. our dog woke up with a swollen face. i think that something might have bitten him. ... (9773 views)

Guinea pig biting. How I can gently dissuade my guinea pig from nibbling and nipping me? Recently my... (5287 views)

High ALT in a dog. Autumn went to the vet on Sept 29, 2013 with a problem jumping and walking on... (10849 views)