Loose black stools.

Breed: Rodeeshion ridgeback
Sid is older, lately his stools ate loose and turn black?
He can tell time and knows when it's breakfast and 6:00pm for dinner. Sleeps most all day, his lil sister is a mini dachshund and she makes him get up to play. Sometimes he goes to chase lizards with her? Deb

Black stools can be a sign of a serious stomach problem such as a stomach ulcer. Stomach ulcers can be caused by:

-Giving an NSAID such as aspirin
-Ingestion of a sharp object
-a stomach tumor
-and other reasons

It definitely sounds like a vet visit is in order. Pepcid (Famotidine) is an over the counter medication that can help and won't hurt. Dogs take 1mg per pound.

However, I would recommend a vet visit ASAP as this could possibly be a serious issue.

Dog's penis is stuck out of sheath. Hi, Ive noticed my 7 month male yorkie has started to lick himself a lot "down... (103279 views)

Vaginal discharge Cheechee has a tan, snot looking sticky discharge coming from her urethra. Is this a... (10900 views)

Dog leaking urine. Aud is 5 year old black mini poodle. The past 3 days she is leaking urine. She is... (20381 views)

Lump on dog's leg. Hey Dr. Marie (and Happy Holidays!) I noticed about a week ago while petting my... (36165 views)

Grain free foods and allergies. Previously I have a Siberian Husky that got food allergy because I kept him on the... (10220 views)

Damaged intestines? A few weeks ago I busted Diesel eating berries off a tree in the back yard. I told... (11461 views)

How often is heat cycle? Bonnie is a pure chocolate labrador & was 6 in september (2011). I'm wondering how... (25911 views)

Flaky skin. Samson has flakey skin that is most obvious on his back toward the tail and under... (16591 views)

Older cat with vomiting and white nose. My cat is a 13y.o., outdoor (day) / indoor (night), mouser/birder, and has been a... (16465 views)

Vomiting while in heat. Is it normal for a female dog coming out of heat to be... (19318 views)