Loose black stools.

Breed: Rodeeshion ridgeback
Sid is older, lately his stools ate loose and turn black?
He can tell time and knows when it's breakfast and 6:00pm for dinner. Sleeps most all day, his lil sister is a mini dachshund and she makes him get up to play. Sometimes he goes to chase lizards with her? Deb

Black stools can be a sign of a serious stomach problem such as a stomach ulcer. Stomach ulcers can be caused by:

-Giving an NSAID such as aspirin
-Ingestion of a sharp object
-a stomach tumor
-and other reasons

It definitely sounds like a vet visit is in order. Pepcid (Famotidine) is an over the counter medication that can help and won't hurt. Dogs take 1mg per pound.

However, I would recommend a vet visit ASAP as this could possibly be a serious issue.

Dog eating dirt. My dog consumes grass and now wants to eat dirt when outside exercising despite a... (16643 views)

Worms in vomit. My dog threw up a yellow substance and it had worm like creatures I it what should I... (9686 views)

Possible cruciate tear. I am currently fostering an overweight husky/lab cross (Working on the weight... (7100 views)

Pink spot on dog. I noticed on my dog about a month ago he had a small pink raised bump on his chest... (26624 views)

Pregnant if bred when bleeding? I have a golden retriever that's about to be 3years old. She recently mated with... (73950 views)

Homeopathic medicine questions. My dog has had nasal congestion, runny nose, mucus from his eyes and a little from... (12199 views)

Epsom salt vs table salt. hi my cat keeps limping on his leg i have checked it and it isnt his leg thats the... (15249 views)

Eye infection in feral cat I have a feral colony. A few of them had URI symptoms which were quite bad and... (8508 views)

Corn in dog food. I have heard that corn is bad in dog food. Also that alfalfa, brewers yeast, and... (14910 views)

Training blind dog. My rottweiler is blind and does not like to go outside. If I put her on a leash and... (9551 views)