Loose black stools.

Breed: Rodeeshion ridgeback
Sid is older, lately his stools ate loose and turn black?
He can tell time and knows when it's breakfast and 6:00pm for dinner. Sleeps most all day, his lil sister is a mini dachshund and she makes him get up to play. Sometimes he goes to chase lizards with her? Deb

Black stools can be a sign of a serious stomach problem such as a stomach ulcer. Stomach ulcers can be caused by:

-Giving an NSAID such as aspirin
-Ingestion of a sharp object
-a stomach tumor
-and other reasons

It definitely sounds like a vet visit is in order. Pepcid (Famotidine) is an over the counter medication that can help and won't hurt. Dogs take 1mg per pound.

However, I would recommend a vet visit ASAP as this could possibly be a serious issue.

Shifting lameness and weight loss. In March, Grayson suddenly started limping on his front left paw. We took him to... (6064 views)

Dog unable to move. d help. My dog won't move at all. We got home around 435 this afternoon and she ate... (63279 views)

See the vet for dog bite? Daisy was bitten my my other dog in 2 places. It bled moderately and I gently bathed... (3860 views)

Testicle tumor and incontinence. my 11 year old dog has a swollen testicle, (a friend told me it may be a tumor), he... (7819 views)

Feral cat with problems. There is a a trio of feral cats that we have been feeding, and over the last few... (11024 views)

Swollen painful gums. Stomatitis? Other vets have been trying to figure out what is wrong, or how to help Yoko. Her... (14676 views)

Cat is licking himself and has scabs. My cat is licking him self till he bleeds and it's getting so bad that he has... (9756 views)

Tresaderm causing seizure? Hi, I have a special-needs 6 year old cat that was born with a neurological... (5455 views)

Black spot or scab on dog's nose. Hello I noticed a few days ago my beagle has a black bump above his snout, my sister... (32710 views)

Abscess? Hi Would you please be able to answer my question.. Wednesday Night I Heard two... (6147 views)