yellow colored diarrhea

Breed: pitbull
We have had this puppy for about 2 weeks. The puppies were about 5 weeks when the mother stopped caring for them. We fed them big dog dry dog food moistened and before we got them they were being fed tuna! We got rid of 4 of the puppies. The one we have is the runt(we think) and he seems to be not gaining as much weight as his sister that we just saw last night. He has had yellow diarrhea and has been seen vomiting. he has had diarrhea for about 3 days straight. But he has had it off and on for the whole time. my roommate is convinced he has parvo but he seems to be drinking water and thriving. he is not lethargic. he is playful and enjoys being outside. What do u suggest? we cannot afford to get him to the vet right now but we do have the do-it-yourself shots from Walgreens.

Oh, sorry to hear that your little one is not feeling well.

Yes, parvo can cause vomiting and diarrhea. However, usually the diarrhea will be watery and bloody and not yellow like you described.

Something that can cause yellow diarrhea is a parasite called coccidia. There are other possibilities as well.

It really is necessary to have your vet examine a stool sample to determine if coccidia is present (or any other parasite). If so, they can prescribe the appropriate medication.

It will not help to vaccinate the dog at this point. Even if this was parvo virus, vaccinating once the dog has the virus will not help.

Puppies don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration. So, I usually recommend that if diarrhea is persisting more than 24 hours then a vet visit is absolutely necessary.

Kitten got head caught in door. The kitten got its head caught in the pantry door as it was closing. It seems to... (19280 views)

Bleach for parvo? My great pyrenees mix, which is almost a year was a stray before I got her a little... (18970 views)

Anal gland problems. Hello. I am a veterinary assistant and I am having an issue with my Cane Corso's... (7659 views)

Rash on Daschund My dog has a very red rash on her lower abdominal area and vaginal area. She bites... (11684 views)

Heart murmur. In Emerg, as part of an exam in preparation for sedation, a level 2 heart murmur was... (15855 views)

Drooling and not eating. My female cat, Patches, has been with me since I was young. She has never been to a... (13842 views)

Roundworm in cats. my kitten has round worm and i can't afford a trip to the vet can you please offer... (5484 views)

Dog sneezed out food. Hi there, I have a couple of concerns. My chi is about 6 and a half years... (13869 views)

Laser pointers for cats and dogs? Will playing with a laser pointer hurt a dog or... (12188 views)

Ear mite treatment for dogs and cats. Hello, I just noticed the other day that my cat and dog has alot of ... (9020 views)