yellow colored diarrhea

Breed: pitbull
We have had this puppy for about 2 weeks. The puppies were about 5 weeks when the mother stopped caring for them. We fed them big dog dry dog food moistened and before we got them they were being fed tuna! We got rid of 4 of the puppies. The one we have is the runt(we think) and he seems to be not gaining as much weight as his sister that we just saw last night. He has had yellow diarrhea and has been seen vomiting. he has had diarrhea for about 3 days straight. But he has had it off and on for the whole time. my roommate is convinced he has parvo but he seems to be drinking water and thriving. he is not lethargic. he is playful and enjoys being outside. What do u suggest? we cannot afford to get him to the vet right now but we do have the do-it-yourself shots from Walgreens.

Oh, sorry to hear that your little one is not feeling well.

Yes, parvo can cause vomiting and diarrhea. However, usually the diarrhea will be watery and bloody and not yellow like you described.

Something that can cause yellow diarrhea is a parasite called coccidia. There are other possibilities as well.

It really is necessary to have your vet examine a stool sample to determine if coccidia is present (or any other parasite). If so, they can prescribe the appropriate medication.

It will not help to vaccinate the dog at this point. Even if this was parvo virus, vaccinating once the dog has the virus will not help.

Puppies don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration. So, I usually recommend that if diarrhea is persisting more than 24 hours then a vet visit is absolutely necessary.

Frontline and Revolution safe for pregnant dogs. Dr. Marie my poor yorkie is pregnet and she got flees from my sisters new dog what... (46226 views)

Swollen foot and death in a dog. I am seeking for an answer what could be the reason my dog can hardly breathe and... (17918 views)

Trifexis overdose. My approx 4-5lb teacup Pomeranian ate HALF of the Trifexis meant for a 60-120lb dog... (4787 views)

Male cat nipple problem. My male desexed cat has always had a enlarged nipple. It seems to be getting larger... (18159 views)

Infection on leg. My dog has been licking his inner thigh to the point where it is very red and there... (18404 views)

Kittens nursing on cat's penis. i"m raising 4 abandoned kittens they are now eating food and I give them kitten... (14614 views)

Increased appetite and hair loss. My Burmese cat is losing her hair all over and I am concerned about how hungry she... (6096 views)

Seizures due to brain tumor? Hello I have a 9 year old standard poodle (neutured) that has had a seizure episode... (17703 views)

Bleeding after biopsy. My dog has been diagnosed with Cancer(hemangiosarcoma). The tiny hole were we... (12342 views)

Can dogs get colds? Lady is currently still at a pet store but she is a sweet puppy and we've had our... (7520 views)