yellow colored diarrhea

Breed: pitbull
We have had this puppy for about 2 weeks. The puppies were about 5 weeks when the mother stopped caring for them. We fed them big dog dry dog food moistened and before we got them they were being fed tuna! We got rid of 4 of the puppies. The one we have is the runt(we think) and he seems to be not gaining as much weight as his sister that we just saw last night. He has had yellow diarrhea and has been seen vomiting. he has had diarrhea for about 3 days straight. But he has had it off and on for the whole time. my roommate is convinced he has parvo but he seems to be drinking water and thriving. he is not lethargic. he is playful and enjoys being outside. What do u suggest? we cannot afford to get him to the vet right now but we do have the do-it-yourself shots from Walgreens.

Oh, sorry to hear that your little one is not feeling well.

Yes, parvo can cause vomiting and diarrhea. However, usually the diarrhea will be watery and bloody and not yellow like you described.

Something that can cause yellow diarrhea is a parasite called coccidia. There are other possibilities as well.

It really is necessary to have your vet examine a stool sample to determine if coccidia is present (or any other parasite). If so, they can prescribe the appropriate medication.

It will not help to vaccinate the dog at this point. Even if this was parvo virus, vaccinating once the dog has the virus will not help.

Puppies don't have a lot of reserves to fight dehydration. So, I usually recommend that if diarrhea is persisting more than 24 hours then a vet visit is absolutely necessary.

yellow colored diarrhea We have had this puppy for about 2 weeks. The puppies were about 5 weeks when the... (11269 views)

Leaking urine after swimming. I have a 5 year old female (spayed) Golden Doodle. We take her swimming several... (23544 views)

Eye out of socket. MY PUPPY JUST GOT BIT BY A LARGE DOG IN THE LEFT EYE. THE EYE LOOKS LIKE ITS OUT OF... (10177 views)

Dog drinking less water. Over the past week, my dog has been drinking less water than usual. She usually... (14618 views)

Are these lymph nodes? I noticed about 2 days ago my 4yr old cat looked like a chipmunk. I felt around her... (10042 views)

Dog was limping and death. My dog was favoring his left front leg and he is an outside dog with lots of energy,... (14198 views)

Torn nail problem. my dog hooked her nail last saturday and broke the nail off very short and was... (11583 views)

Dog ate soap. My dog just ate a whole bar of soap? Do I need to be worried? It was Dove soap. ... (162736 views)

old dog is peeing in the house. spot is 17 and has started weeing in house constantley even when we have doors open... (20453 views)

Panadol (tylenol) for cat? my cat(3 years) has been drooling non-stop for the past 3 days and wont eat or drink... (5604 views)